Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

istock is alright for Walmart and target at least, and I've seen a few restocks even out here in nowhere midwest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What's the battery life when running Splatoon. I'm thinking about grinding out the single player to and from work.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

What's the battery life when running Splatoon. I'm thinking about grinding out the single player to and from work.

I'd expect it to be ~3 hours like most full on titles, maybe a bit less if you got the controllers off and have the brightness & volume maxed.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I've heard good things about istocknow but basically check big box stores before noon.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Any good games drop recently?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

That hyper light drifter clone looks fairly interesting, and that drops on Thursday. And then sonic mania lands next Tuesday!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

rogue wave posted:

My Pro Controller Dpad has been perfectly fine. Thank god it isn't an across the board issue, but that does suck for people who got a janky one. I wonder if it's more common with people who got them a while ago or not.

Oddly, I've tried clicking around with the d-pad on the home menu and the equip menu in Splatoon 2, and it doesn't seem to have any problems with accuracy in either of those. It's just Puyo Puyo Tetris, which is weird and would make me wonder if it's just something hosed up with the game itself except I haven't really seen people complain about lovely controls in PPT specifically.

Inzombiac posted:

I get the Battery Low notification at around 3 hours, so if you wanted to play until the battery runs out entirely you could maybe stretch it out to 3.5 - 4.

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 7, 2017

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Motto posted:

istock is alright for Walmart and target at least, and I've seen a few restocks even out here in nowhere midwest.

They regularly report Target as in stock when they aren't.

Amazon went about six weeks between the last refresh and the one before it, and when they did get some in iStockNow didn't send me an email. This thread bailed me out!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

for istocknow you have to check "hide if no stock" and "new arrivals" for the live map. that'll show you where switches were stocked in the last 12 hours or so

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LethalGeek posted:

I'd expect it to be ~3 hours like most full on titles, maybe a bit less if you got the controllers off and have the brightness & volume maxed.

Hmm, I could stretch that to 5 hours and that's plenty. Thanks.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
As much as I desperately want Bayonetta 3, I fear for it because "3" doesn't seem to be a good number for character action games (DMC being the exception, but only because it got its steaming trashpile phase out of the way with 2).

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There needs to be a Bayonetta 3 just because 1 and 2 have her defeat the god of 2 of the 3 realms. She needs to go against the last somehow. I'm positive Platinum would do another good job with it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It'll probably get re released and then the sales will determine if it gets another.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Any good games drop recently?

I took a blind leap with Slime-San and it's actually really fun. Basically kind of a Meat Boy game but I think this controls way better and has a more fun personality with lots of gameplay and cosmetic unlocks, little townships of weird people, and newgame+ stuff. It's getting a free DLC campaign in a month, too.

Zelder posted:

That hyper light drifter clone looks fairly interesting, and that drops on Thursday. And then sonic mania lands next Tuesday!

I tried the demo of that game on Steam and it is loving awful. One of the mechanics, a whip, pulls things to you and half of the time it just collides and damages you. It's basically an uglier and more boring Hyper Light Drifter, which I really wish would come to Switch instead of this thing

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I want to play "Wargroove."

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

SeANMcBAY posted:

There needs to be a Bayonetta 3 just because 1 and 2 have her defeat the god of 2 of the 3 realms. She needs to go against the last somehow. I'm positive Platinum would do another good job with it.

I want Bayonetta to literally fight Jesus

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So later this year I'll actually have the cash to buy my own switch rather than leeching off my younger brother's. I know you can transfer profiles across systems now, but is there any way to actually transfer data? I don't want to have to do all the grinding in Splatoon/Arms all over again.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
Yeah, just give your brother the new one ;) Tell him having pristine is worth losing HIS progress, but not yours.

But for real, not currently, unfortunately. Nintendo themselves have an internal method of doing it very easily, and have ported the data right over to new devices for some people's returned units in the past. They haven't given any access to that or let anyone handle their own save data yet. It would be a game changer if they did and you will be sure to hear a lot about it if it does.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Stardew Valley when?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Stardew Valley when?

When Chucklefish Games feel like it. Not Nintendo, not Reggie, not Miyamoto. No-one else but them.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Didn't see it in the OP but does anyone have any strong recommendations on a slim/light but effective carrying case?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rexroom posted:

When Chucklefish Games feel like it. Not Nintendo, not Reggie, not Miyamoto. No-one else but them.

I assume they would have to submit it for cert

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

rogue wave posted:

Yeah, just give your brother the new one ;) Tell him having pristine is worth losing HIS progress, but not yours.

But for real, not currently, unfortunately. Nintendo themselves have an internal method of doing it very easily, and have ported the data right over to new devices for some people's returned units in the past. They haven't given any access to that or let anyone handle their own save data yet. It would be a game changer if they did and you will be sure to hear a lot about it if it does.

I assume there's been zero word from Nintendo about adding such a feature?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's leaked internal documents that discuss cloud save implementation and guest accounts where you access your cloud save remotely. They are probably rolling it out as part of the Nintendo Switch Online service.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

I assume there's been zero word from Nintendo about adding such a feature?

All their consoles from the Wii and DS forward have had system transfers so I expect it to be a matter of time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Has anyone tried connecting their Switch to Starbucks wifi? Mine won't connect to my work wifi so I'm hoping I can stop by Starbucks next month to download Sonic Mania while on lunch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I did the day it came out, I downloaded fast racing neo in Starbucks.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SoggyGravy posted:

Didn't see it in the OP but does anyone have any strong recommendations on a slim/light but effective carrying case?

The RDS Industries one.

There are a few slimmer ones, but I don't think they're hard cases. This one is agreeable enough to still be held in one hand and weighs almost nothing. It's sold at Target and maybe other places if you wanna check it out before you buy.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Bleck posted:

I want Bayonetta to literally fight Jesus

I want Bayonetta to defeat Jesus' first three forms, before dropping a space station on him, re-crucifying him.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I did the day it came out, I downloaded fast racing neo in Starbucks.

Excellent. Let's hope Sonic Mania is a midnight so I don't have to waste part of my lunch hour downloading and not playing.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I bought a fancier router from the recommendations in the SH/SC networking thread, hopefully it works ~perfect~ with the Switch and I won't have to place it in the DMZ again

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

well why not posted:

I want Bayonetta to defeat Jesus' first three forms, before dropping a space station on him, re-crucifying him.

This, it's you, you're the Bayonetta developer.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

SoggyGravy posted:

I have this. Simple, but all I wanted was something slim I could fit into my backpack whenever I go travelling and it's fine for that. Some people prefer a hard case but I'm not throwing my backpack down cliffsides or sitting on it like a buffoon so it works for me.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

SoggyGravy posted:

This, it's you, you're the Bayonetta developer.

god, i wish:

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

enojy posted:

The RDS Industries one.

There are a few slimmer ones, but I don't think they're hard cases. This one is agreeable enough to still be held in one hand and weighs almost nothing. It's sold at Target and maybe other places if you wanna check it out before you buy.

Thank you (and to the other guy that suggested the slimmer case) I went with this one b/c I am less certain my bag will not get crushed.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Seconding the istocknow recommendation. Only way I was able to find a Switch in the Midwest without dealing with a scalper.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

meat police posted:

Seconding the istocknow recommendation. Only way I was able to find a Switch in the Midwest without dealing with a scalper.

:same:

Istocknow worked really well for me

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I've been having fun with Minecraft, having never played it before. Is Dragon Quest Builders the same sort of game?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It has story, objectives, quests, and a definite end point. It's a JRPG with minecraft mechanics rather than a building sandbox. We'll see how much the sequel changes stuff up from that formula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lakbay posted:

It has story, objectives, quests, and a definite end point. It's a JRPG with minecraft mechanics rather than a building sandbox. We'll see how much the sequel changes stuff up from that formula

so it's Minecraft if Minecraft left early access and had actual combat mechanics?

• Locked thread