Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
vlad isn't as much of a beastick as herc even at the top end, vlad's gimmick is that he's arts-based and not buster based so he combos well with other arts servants. one of the big early teams was vlad/tamamo/nero, for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Oh, also, since grailing has been mentioned, keep in mind that there's events that give grails if you beat their story:

Halloween 2015 Event
Da Vinci Event
Fate/Accel Zero Order Event
Onigashima Event
FGO 2016 Summer Event
Halloween 2016 Event
GUDAGUDA Meiji Ishin
SE.RA.PH

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is this still the best source for droprates or is there a better one now?

I can see why people didn't like this game at release because errrrr there really isn't that much to do right now, and the AP regen rate means you have to do it very slowly, and the droprates mean you can't even do it very consistently.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 7, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pierson posted:

This is better laid out and at least as up to date.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Pierson posted:

I can see why people didn't like this game at release because errrrr there really isn't that much to do right now, and the AP regen rate means you have to do it very slowly, and the droprates mean you can't even do it very consistently.

The drop rates being miserly is only part of the problem too. When you factor in that you don't even have access to the proper dailies at all times, and that if you're say looking for that last Berserker monument you only have a 25% chance of the right servant even showing up... well, that's when spending an entire day's worth of AP and getting nothing out of it becomes hard to swallow.

I seriously don't understand why they didn't just include the improved dailies from the get go. At least that would remove the unnecessary extra layer of RNG and daily rotations when farming.

On a mostly unrelated tangent, I'm not really a fan of the strengthening quests as a way to buff underperforming servants. Not only because that means NA players get to wait anywhere between months to years for some of those, but also because it inevitably delays balance fixes as each quest requires new writing and a new combat scenario. Why not just buff the servants directly?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Endorph posted:

vlad isn't as much of a beastick as herc even at the top end, vlad's gimmick is that he's arts-based and not buster based so he combos well with other arts servants. one of the big early teams was vlad/tamamo/nero, for instance.

i mean i'm packing my own waver and while he's good with literally anything i can think of worse things than throwing arts chains left and right

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Sophism posted:

I seriously don't understand why they didn't just include the improved dailies from the get go. At least that would remove the unnecessary extra layer of RNG and daily rotations when farming.
To be honest, it's probably for the same reason the dailies were like this when it launched in Japan - there just really isn't that much content in game right now. Having heavy amounts of RNG elements keeps people grinding, and once there's enough story content to go around and more heroes to sink time into they won't need such blatant AP sinks anymore.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
https://webview.fate-go.us/2017/0811_otakon2017_orleanspickup/

rate up for the orleans crew, plus some free summon tickets

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh yay I get the chance to NP3 Sumanai.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I got Jeanne in the opening rerolling rounds and she's been pretty great for me all told, but I don't know if I would spend quartz at this juncture for her if I didn't have her.

E: More importantly this means they are definitely going offscript in terms of schedule. FSN Campaign (was supposed to be before Nerofest), Moon Goddess, and Kintoki all came before this originally.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 7, 2017

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
So minimal free stuff and no events.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EzEight posted:

So minimal free stuff and no events.
yes, they're never going to do events, ever. what's that? it took the jp game like three months to even get to nerofest? sounds fake.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I need some time to level up my folks from Nerofest ascensions and catch up on mana prism grinding so a little reprieve is kind of appreciated. I'd gladly take another 1/2 AP week though.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
You ok?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
It's only for three days anyway. Predictions are moon festival starting Monday.

Edit: 3 free quartz for unplanned maintenance tonight. Spend your AP before 4-UTC, 0-EST, 9-PST.

UchihaHirou fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 7, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

God, I loving hate mondays. They have the shittiest quests.

I was wondering if I was missing something about why Mondays just don't have any green event dailies, but I guess not!

I dunno what servants to even work on at this point, I think my best stuff is Altera (who I guess kind of sucks but she's my only 5* and I like her), Lancer CuChu (I have no Claws of Chaos and have no idea if there are any guaranteed drops anywhere in story mode), and uhhh ... d'Eon I guess. Guess I should be working on Arash, Asteros, and Kiyohime in the mean time. Just stockpiling tickets, quarts and level up fodder in the mean time.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Nate RFB posted:

E: More importantly this means they are definitely going offscript in terms of schedule. FSN Campaign (was supposed to be before Nerofest), Moon Goddess, and Kintoki all came before this originally.

FGO team, please please please keep Scathach release until November, I still need more time to save up quartz and tickets.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If they did moon goddess right now there wouldn't be another event until the end of October so

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well, we should get Okeanos by then and they could move up Gudaguda if they really wanted to but that's borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I would imagine that at some point they need to get the dates to line up so that they can just proceed at the same rate that JP did.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i'm ok with a slightly slower burn on this game considering the other two mobages i've given a poo poo about are CONSTANT EVENTS IN YOUR FACE with zero break.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I was wondering if I was missing something about why Mondays just don't have any green event dailies, but I guess not!

I dunno what servants to even work on at this point, I think my best stuff is Altera (who I guess kind of sucks but she's my only 5* and I like her), Lancer CuChu (I have no Claws of Chaos and have no idea if there are any guaranteed drops anywhere in story mode), and uhhh ... d'Eon I guess. Guess I should be working on Arash, Asteros, and Kiyohime in the mean time. Just stockpiling tickets, quarts and level up fodder in the mean time.

Altera is great, very solid Saber. I'd argue that she's the second-best of the non-limited 5* Servants available right now. Try to get her to her third Ascension because her last skill (Crest of the Star EX) is her best. She fits on basically any team as a strong primary damage-dealer and you won't regret investing in her.

The only Sabers you can say for sure are better than her are Okita (limited rateup, very powerful in her niche) and Musashi (Limited rateup, even more of a beatstick than Altera, easily the best Saber in the game).

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Even if they slow the first six months up from Japan it's still not going to be that slow. Japan had only four days without a rate-up between Gilgamesh and Christmas, so even if they want to make up the full two months difference immediately that's only about a week's downtime between each.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vengarr posted:

Altera is great, very solid Saber. I'd argue that she's the second-best of the non-limited 5* Servants available right now. Try to get her to her third Ascension because her last skill (Crest of the Star EX) is her best. She fits on basically any team as a strong primary damage-dealer and you won't regret investing in her.

The only Sabers you can say for sure are better than her are Okita (limited rateup, very powerful in her niche) and Musashi (Limited rateup, even more of a beatstick than Altera, easily the best Saber in the game).
I'd say Saber Lancelot is better too. Dude's crits are insane.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Vengarr posted:

Okay, I was getting mixed messages about her based on the OP (which just says she sucks) and some tier lists I eyeballed.

Mine is on first ascension so far, just two fragments away from the second. At this point just having the raw stats helps pretty considerably anyway. Any other key servants I should look for to use with her?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Endorph posted:

I'd say Saber Lancelot is better too. Dude's crits are insane.

Saberlot outperforms most 5* sabers even without a ton of stargen. Saber Lancelot is goddamn silly.

He's also a good 9+ months out for NA, though.

Nate RFB posted:

I would imagine that at some point they need to get the dates to line up so that they can just proceed at the same rate that JP did.

We are going to have a cumulative month of downtime if they do that, and as much as constant events from other games can get annoying, being that slow would harm the game.

(Plus I was hoping they'd be a bit more aggressive about trying to catch up to JP, but...)

Also, yes, the Jeanne gacha is very much bait, there aren't even good 4*s getting a rate up. Save your pfennigs for Gudaguda or Scath. (Or, if you're really hardcore, save at least some, month by month, for Jalter next year.)

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 7, 2017

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Wasn't one of the issues with the Chinese client was that holiday events did not actually line up with the actual holidays?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Bholder posted:

Wasn't one of the issues with the Chinese client was that holiday events did not actually line up with the actual events?

I'm not sure that's particularly an issue; do the target market really care? Even the Japanese version had its Christmas events in November last year.

edit: There are some they'd probably want to keep close, of course. New Years in the west probably has to be on New Years, even though it didn't need to be in China. Obviously anniversaries have to be on the anniversaries. And they'll probably still want to end the first arc by the end of 2018 because that's when the world is due to be destroyed.

edit2: Honestly even New Years could shift a little earlier if needed. It's when it is in Japan because of otoshidama, but for the west you could probably get away with just doing it after Christmas.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 7, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/snobby_snob/status/894635727723479041

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm not sure that's particularly an issue; do the target market really care? Even the Japanese version had its Christmas events in November last year.

Granted, those were somewhat unusual circumstances and even Nasu noted it on his blog. They wanted to get the end of the first arc out before the new year and to not overburden people with the massive Babylon chapter and the JDASL event at the same time, so JDASL got bumped forward. And then they wanted Salomon Temple to land on the last week of the year, and got even better than bargained for with the world getting saved literally on Christmas Day.

Unless there are story shenanigans this year, I would expect Christmas 2017 to land much closer to the actual date.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

should i be doing the story instead of just running the 40 ap daily mission with my highest level pubby friends all day? also should i add a bunch of goon buddies, it seems like y'all play on jp

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

should i be doing the story instead of just running the 40 ap daily mission with my highest level pubby friends all day?

You'll occasionally need access to later story free quests to do the weekly Master Missions. Also the story quests will be trivially easy if you level up too much first. Other than that no, not particularly.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

rabidsquid posted:

should i be doing the story instead of just running the 40 ap daily mission with my highest level pubby friends all day? also should i add a bunch of goon buddies, it seems like y'all play on jp

check the NA tab in the goon friend spreadsheet int he OP. lots of people on NA!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

SpaceDrake posted:

Granted, those were somewhat unusual circumstances and even Nasu noted it on his blog. They wanted to get the end of the first arc out before the new year and to not overburden people with the massive Babylon chapter and the JDASL event at the same time, so JDASL got bumped forward. And then they wanted Salomon Temple to land on the last week of the year, and got even better than bargained for with the world getting saved literally on Christmas Day.

Unless there are story shenanigans this year, I would expect Christmas 2017 to land much closer to the actual date.

Literally a Doctor Who episode.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
When will we get Astolfo in EN version?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Okay, I was getting mixed messages about her based on the OP (which just says she sucks) and some tier lists I eyeballed.

Mine is on first ascension so far, just two fragments away from the second. At this point just having the raw stats helps pretty considerably anyway. Any other key servants I should look for to use with her?

She plays well with just about everyone, which is ironic given her Forever Alone character type.

The big knock on her is that her NP is AOE instead of single-target, which greatly reduces her damage output against the top-tier bosses--and since doing damage is really all she's got, it is a serious flaw. But it still reduces enemy Defense for three turns, so she's never useless.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
To be fair, it makes sense for Saber Lancelot to kick rear end, as he was the best knight of his era, to the point where one of his Skills is explicitly about how he was so great that even crazy he still retains his legendary abilities.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

PureRok posted:

When will we get Astolfo in EN version?

Probably next March. His release was tied to a holiday that doesn't exist outside of Japan, though, so it might move a little.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 7, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Huh, just rolled Nero Saber in a random ticket draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Speaking of pretty androgynous Servants, the One Weird TrickTM for D'Eon's interlude went about as well as should be expected. He survived 10 400% Zabaniyas, but the 11th finally procced. Of course by then I'd whittled down 75% of his health bar manually so it was a bit of a Pyrrhic victory.