Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

mindphlux posted:

you..... got fired? from like a hotel gig?

gently caress man, I didn't know my boi CdC went hard. also don't see how 'hitting your head and passing out' resolves into the outcome 'drinking a whole bottle of tequila'. but sucks either way.

Hydroxyzine puts you in a sleepwalking state sometimes. I had just taken one prior to cutting the poo poo out of my thumb on a can lid and fainting. Popped right back up on autopilot.

But hey, my lawyer buds want to sue the poo poo out of them for ADA violations, so that's cool. I got grilled on what meds I was taking when I went back 2 days later, turns out that's a huge no-no!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Hydroxyzine puts you in a sleepwalking state sometimes. I had just taken one prior to cutting the poo poo out of my thumb on a can lid and fainting. Popped right back up on autopilot.

But hey, my lawyer buds want to sue the poo poo out of them for ADA violations, so that's cool. I got grilled on what meds I was taking when I went back 2 days later, turns out that's a huge no-no!

Glad to hear it, keep us updated (to the extent that is wise) on how it works out! ADA compliance is good poo poo, and if what happened to you means they don't gently caress someone else over, then things are working as intended.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oh wow, yeah, they're hosed. Please tell me they put it in writing that you were fired over your use of prescription antipsychotics.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Oh wow, yeah, they're hosed. Please tell me they put it in writing that you were fired over your use of prescription antipsychotics.

Pretty sure they did, as that was the reason given when they called me and told me to come get my things

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Pretty sure they did, as that was the reason given when they called me and told me to come get my things

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

This was at a hotel, wasn't it? How do you feel about the prospect of owning your own hotel?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Skwirl posted:

This was at a hotel, wasn't it? How do you feel about the prospect of owning your own hotel?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
new title: You Keep What You Kill

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The only thing more slam dunk would be if CdC was actually Tim Meadows and he got fired for "being a darkie."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

the great deceiver posted:

i called the chefs tonight and it turns out it was a mistake at job #1 and i'm working normally but job #2 really is being a passive-aggressive little bitch about it. they might even try to deny my PTO that i requested to use because according to their company policy it can only be used on days that you are calling in sick not requesting off however i am pretty sure that is in violation of california state law

This got lost in the shuffle, but unfortunately the only required paid time off in California is mandatory sick leave that accrues at 1 hour per 30 worked and they're only forced to give it to you if you're sick or caring for a sick relative. If they offered PTO in addition to the mandatory sick leave then you might have a leg to stand on. Different cities and counties might have more generous laws that would help you too, but if it's just state law they can probably do that.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

The only thing more slam dunk would be if CdC was actually Tim Meadows and he got fired for "being a darkie."

Naaaaaah, he said tequila, not Hennessy.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

If you take a medication that makes you pass out or randomly decide to get loaded, maybe working around knives and giant pots of boiling liquid is in the best idea?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

JawKnee posted:

if they're going to be such jerks about you not being there because they want you to be there so bad that they'll not have you there then maybe you should not be there again?

permanently?

the only reason im still at this place is cuz i get 18/hr and they give me good benefits for only working there 15 hours a week but believe me i want to leave. im on track to make sous at my other spot and as soon as that happens i'm out of the other place.

Skwirl posted:

This got lost in the shuffle, but unfortunately the only required paid time off in California is mandatory sick leave that accrues at 1 hour per 30 worked and they're only forced to give it to you if you're sick or caring for a sick relative. If they offered PTO in addition to the mandatory sick leave then you might have a leg to stand on. Different cities and counties might have more generous laws that would help you too, but if it's just state law they can probably do that.

yeah thats it but the reason i was pissed is because when i requested the time off the exec verbally told me he'd give me the pto and then it looks like he might be walking back on what he said which is bullshit

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

bongwizzard posted:

If you take a medication that makes you pass out or randomly decide to get loaded, maybe working around knives and giant pots of boiling liquid is in the best idea?

Co-workers followed me around for 3 hours taking photos and video taping me instead of calling EMS.

And I don't take it all the time, only if I feel a panic attack coming, and even then it should be just fine, and this was confirmed by my primary care AND a neurologist. It was just the pass out and concussion that put me on autopilot.

e: I'll just go ahead and change careers now, having just been diagnosed in the past 6 months. Just dump my 10 years of experience and hard work down the drain

Chef De Cuisinart fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 7, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

the great deceiver posted:

im on track to make sous at my other spot and as soon as that happens i'm out of the other place.

Famous last words. Looking forward to the obligatory "this is loving bullshit" post in a couple months when they promote someone else.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Co-workers followed me around for 3 hours taking photos and video taping me instead of calling EMS.

And I don't take it all the time, only if I feel a panic attack coming, and even then it should be just fine, and this was confirmed by my primary care AND a neurologist. It was just the pass out and concussion that put me on autopilot.

e: I'll just go ahead and change careers now, having just been diagnosed in the past 6 months. Just dump my 10 years of experience and hard work down the drain

I mean, if you legitimately need to take a drug during the day that can make you down a bottle of liquor at work, then yeah maybe a job with less physical danger might be a good idea?

Also why would your coworkers, who presumably were not aware of this condition, call EMS? Is a dude freaking out and drinking at work not something that happens in kitchens every once in a while?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm still of the opinion you should lawyer up.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

iospace posted:

I'm still of the opinion you should lawyer up.

:same:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

Also why would your coworkers, who presumably were not aware of this condition, call EMS?

You're ignoring the part where he sliced his hand open and fainted, hitting his head and getting a concussion.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

You're ignoring the part where he sliced his hand open and fainted, hitting his head and getting a concussion.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Then presumably getting up and drinking and carrying on for three hours, which is generally not what you do when you're having a medical emergency?

Like with all the crazy poo poo you guys are posted about kitchen shenanigans in here, why would you think that a person just assume it was some kind of obscure drug related issue and not a dude having a normal freakout?

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Actually, I assumed it was drug related, but my doctor tells me it was definitely from the concussion. It's pretty normal for people with serious concussions to have no idea what's going on.

But still, second someone saw me with booze they should have got security, not waited 3 hours where I happened to call WillieTomg by accident.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bongwizzard posted:

Then presumably getting up and drinking and carrying on for three hours, which is generally not what you do when you're having a medical emergency?

Like with all the crazy poo poo you guys are posted about kitchen shenanigans in here, why would you think that a person just assume it was some kind of obscure drug related issue and not a dude having a normal freakout?

If someone passes out and hits their head at the job you call EMS, especially if they start acting weird enough that it's worth filming.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Nah just get a different job you soft baby bitch boy you obv can't handle the kitchen lol

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
This is super hosed and maybe you should employ a lawyer and stop posting about it here until it's dealt with just in case

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

JawKnee posted:

This is super hosed and maybe you should employ a lawyer and stop posting about it here until it's dealt with just in case

This actually. Don't say dumb poo poo that might bite you in the rear end

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Then by all means keep taking a drug that sometimes puts you in a "sleepwalking haze" in a room full of sharp knives and boiling liquids.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bongwizzard posted:

Then by all means keep taking a drug that sometimes puts you in a "sleepwalking haze" in a room full of sharp knives and boiling liquids.

It's no worse than the poo poo the the rest of the kitchen is on, I'm sure some of those mother fuckers are taking krokodil.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

Again ignoring the concussion part. He didn't just drop into a stupor, he had an accident and got knocked the gently caress out, and woke up in that condition.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Again ignoring the concussion part. He didn't just drop into a stupor, he had an accident and got knocked the gently caress out, and woke up in that condition.

???

Like do whatever you want in life but maybe consider that just because a doctor prescribes you a drug doesn't mean it is safe to take at work.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Thanks for quoting the post that corroborated my point about him not just going into a haze, but instead having an accident and getting a concussion, and then waking up in that state. Saves me the trouble.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

bongwizzard posted:

???

Like do whatever you want in life but maybe consider that just because a doctor prescribes you a drug doesn't mean it is safe to take at work.

Except that it's totally fine to take as long as you don't plan on getting knocked out or going to sleep at work.

But hey, go right ahead and get hung up on the side effect of one of the safest anti anxiety meds on the market. Guess I'll ask my doc for some Xanax instead.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Then why mention the drug in the first place? It doesn't matter, dude isnt on my insurance, so go nuts, take whatever.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

bongwizzard posted:

Then why mention the drug in the first place? It doesn't matter, dude isnt on my insurance, so go nuts, take whatever.

I'll continue to take my prescribed medications as protected by the ADA, thanks for your permission.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

Then why bring it up in the first place? :jerkbag:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

I'll continue to take my prescribed medications as protected by the ADA, thanks for your permission.

I mean, I think you will find that there are a million exceptions for dangerous work, or do you think a bus driver can take whatever? But you are only in a position to hurt yourself, so again, do whatever you want.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

bongwizzard posted:

I mean, I think you will find that there are a million exceptions for dangerous work, or do you think a bus driver can take whatever? But you are only in a position to hurt yourself, so again, do whatever you want.

bongwizzard if someone's on blood thinners and bleeds all over the drat place from a mandolin slice are you gonna tell them they shouldnt work in a kitchen on blood thinners?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Trebuchet King posted:

bongwizzard if someone's on blood thinners and bleeds all over the drat place from a mandolin slice are you gonna tell them they shouldnt work in a kitchen on blood thinners?

If you're on your feet all day and get blisters on your feet, maybe you shouldn't work in a kitchen with shoes on?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Trebuchet King posted:

Like, you guys are aware that there are whole piles of osha poo poo about perception drug use in the workplace, but you all, like myself, work in an industry with little oversight ? But again, if you are not going to hurt anyone other then your self, then I don't really care what people do but I'm gonna think your kinda dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

I don't really care what people do

Says the guy who won't stop talking about it.