Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bogart posted:

Second of all, can your dog be an itemfinder?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Hustlin Floh posted:

It's been getting a weird amount of love lately

In the Sun and Moon anime there's a Stoutland who dies.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh man, after all this Sun I've been playing, I was not ready for this weird movement indoors in Alpha Sapphire. :stonk:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

stouland is like bottom 10 pokemon it sucks so bad

How dare you.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stoutland may not be able to measure up to, The Goodest Boy, Arcanine, but it's not nearly as bad as Sunkern or Ledyba.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Me but bottom right for all of them.

I'm glad to see that Tapu Lele is relatively competitive. One of my favorites is actually useful for once :v:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 7, 2017

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

That was fast.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pollyanna posted:

I'm glad to see that Tapu Lele is relatively competitive. One of my favorites is actually useful for once :v:

Lele was always good. Some might even say the best Tapu. Probably just me though.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

I'm working my way through Moon right now, and I've more or less completely ignored Festival Plaza. Is there anything in particular I would need it for? Seems pretty useless.

Besides being the weird lobby for trading and online battles, you can earn tents randomly that have services requiring the festival's own stupid currency. Most useful of all is probably the Rare Kitchen where if you have two 5 star ranked Rare Kitchens, it can help you power level Pokemon to 100 relatively quickly provided you have the FC (the aforementioned currency called Friend Coins). Problem is, it costs quite a lot of FC to get it set up or to use its services. The easiest way to earn FC was to participate in Global Missions because they reward you with thousands of them if you participated and the goal was met, but now that we're on the supposed last global mission before USUM, welp.

The whole system for setting it up is stupid and long. You may get 5 star Rare Kitchens if you meet a friend or rando who put a 5 star Rare Kitchen as the first tent in their plaza. Then you must buy it from them for FC totaling in the thousands. You can also get them if you level up your plaza (done usually when you collect 100 or so FC, depending what level you are) and get a random chance at it. If you earned like 2000 FC through global missions, you level up every time you earn even 1 FC until it equals where you're supposed to be. Every time you level up, Sophocles visits you and randomly selects a new tent you can get for free. If you're lucky to be offered a 5 star Rare Kitchen here, good on you. I got one that way.

Anyway, if you have two 5 star Rare Kitchens set up, the fastest way to power level is to get the mon you want at level 66 exactly. Buy and feed a Rare Dinner from both tents. You get only one of each item every day. Now your mon's level should qualify you to eat Rare Buffet because you should be at level 80. Buy both Rare Buffet from your tents and you should be at level 98. That's the most efficient way to use the Rare Kitchens.

I guess the second most used thing are tents that help you customize clothes colors, but I don't care about that part.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Geostomp posted:

That was fast.

Whenever something new comes out for Pokémon, you can expect tons of fanart of it to pop up in less than a day. Not just deviantart scribbles, but polished looking stuff too.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

they're probably phoning in USUM because the team is working on a full mainline switch title right

right?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I'm imagining USUM as mostly just SM with some features that got cut from SM because Nintendo insisted the game be delivered in time for the ANNIVERSARY YEAR and maybe also a half-assed new storyline tacked on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I totally forgot to bring this over

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_og5dsfM02l1qe8oe9.mp4#_=_

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ogmius815 posted:

I'm imagining USUM as mostly just SM with some features that got cut from SM because Nintendo insisted the game be delivered in time for the ANNIVERSARY YEAR and maybe also a half-assed new storyline tacked on.

plus a cute orange doggo and Necrozma-S and Necrozma-L

and a third mythical

and move tutors that will make a couple of gen VII mons less garbo

and new signature Z-moves for Lycanroc and Mimikyu and such

and hopefully some new Alolan variants

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nooo the stupid newbie of the cartoon baby was good...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Waffles Inc. posted:

they're probably phoning in USUM because the team is working on a full mainline switch title right

right?

Well, we already know they're making a "mainline" Pokemon RPG for the Switch. That's been confirmed. So, maybe?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

USUM is probably really, really easy to make. Change a few cutscenes, some dialogue here and there, toss in a few token mons, and there you go. There's probably absolutely 0 engine updates, so it makes things really easy for them to make a "new game" here.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hrist posted:

Lele was always good. Some might even say the best Tapu. Probably just me though.

Tapu Lele is the sole reason why Scizor was dropped to OU status.

Saying it is good is a gross understatement. A more fitting term would be 'busted' or 'broken as hell' with its stupid Psychic Terrain bullshit :argh:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

team rocket has the best pokemon

this is canon

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Parrotine posted:

Tapu Lele is the sole reason why Scizor was dropped to OU status.

Saying it is good is a gross understatement. A more fitting term would be 'busted' or 'broken as hell' with its stupid Psychic Terrain bullshit :argh:

I don't follow smogon. So I don't know much about their weird tiers. I just know everyone 100% ignored Lele in favor of Fini (lol) for the first few months of s/m. :shrug:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

:3:

I'd ask for an Alolan form but really Pumpkaboo is just perfect. An extra couple of sizes maybe, smaller than the smallest and bigger than the biggest and then a hueg one

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Hrist posted:

I don't follow smogon. So I don't know much about their weird tiers. I just know everyone 100% ignored Lele in favor of Fini (lol) for the first few months of s/m. :shrug:

Current OU viability rankings of the Tapus:

Tapu Bulu: A+
Tapu Lele: A
Tapu Koko: A
Tapu Fini: B

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What has Bulu at A+?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

good work ethic, natural curiosity

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Are we expecting USUM to be basically an upgraded SM like in the form of Crystal or Emerald? Or it's own thing like Black and white 2?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Spintzel posted:

Are we expecting USUM to be basically an upgraded SM like in the form of Crystal or Emerald? Or it's own thing like Black and white 2?

We have no idea, they've been incredibly mum on details beyond this new Lycanroc forme and the two augmented legendaries.

My gut says it feels like B2/W2 (down to the legendaries fusing with the legendary who was just sort of there in the first game) but who the hell knows.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McDragon posted:

:3:

I'd ask for an Alolan form but really Pumpkaboo is just perfect. An extra couple of sizes maybe, smaller than the smallest and bigger than the biggest and then a hueg one

I don't know if I- or the 3DS- could handle a Regigigas-sized Pumpkaboo.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I feel like if this was a true sequel they would have already shown more stuff. I think we're back to third versions again, except now it's paired. The whole thing comes off as surprisingly underwhelming after how strong Sun and Moon were.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Considering it's supposed to come out in November or something USUM is probably more on the level of Emerald or Platinum than B2W2. It likely doesn't have that much extra content, prolly doesn't have a unique storyline and new player characters, and so far the only games that were direct sequels have had "2" in the name.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Supposedly there's Hawaiian in the Tapu Battle music, but all the information I can find on it is sparse. Has anyone actually picked out words from the music? It'd be pretty cool if it actually has lyrics.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

If you trust yt comments:

"It specifically is saying "Makaukau" which directly means Preparation, "mana, lima ikaika" meaning powerful powerful spirits, "Ho'omalu ola" meaning guard spirit, and "'Awiwei, mama" which means Godly speed; However it may also say "mo'olelo" at certain parts which literally means Legend!"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hmm, drat. I can't pick them out of the track myself, so it's hard for me to verify. But it's cool if that's really there. I can hear "mana lima ikaka" when the song goes quiet at least.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Okay, now I love orange doggo.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Is Midnight form the spicy variety then? Good thing we can breed Fire Fang into them. Flamethrower would fit the Cheetoh bag art better though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Countblanc posted:

What has Bulu at A+?

Smogon on Tapu Bulu's promotion to A+ posted:

While it's usually seen running some kind of SD set, it's able to realistically run three different variants; Grassium, Rockium, and the lesser seen but still effective Fightinium. This makes Bulu an extremely threatening wallbreaker that is nearly impossible to properly prep for outside of extreme hard counters such as Mega Venusaur. Grassium and Rockium are able to blast trough some of its normal "checks" such as Zapdos, Celesteela, and Tangrowth, while hitting Volcarona and Mega Pinsir on the switch (with Stone Edge). Grassium is also just an insanely strong nuke that is capable of insane feats such as straight OHKOing resists on the switch, such as Latios. There are also some other usable sets such as Sub SD, SD Taunt, and bulky sets with Leech Seed. On top of its wallbreaking power, its terrain also provides immense support for its teammates as a passive healing source, as well as potential set up opportunities. Bulu is also moderately bulky on the physical side, so it's a able to provide a switch into some threats such as CB Zygarde, Garchomp, and defensive Lando-T.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Whelp, that makes choosing the nickname for my dog in the Ultra games easy. As well as the choice of held item.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just got to the totem mimikyu. It took me a couple tries but once I figured out that the pro strat was getting rid of haunter before switching to Decidueye and busting out his z move I stomped that poo poo. One hit KO on the totem hell yeah