Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

homeless snail posted:

Ninja Theory's next very cool remake, Baeonetta

I started imagining this and I threw up everywhere

Thanks a lot :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Gayonetta

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

tap my mountain posted:

Have they showed much gameplay footage? All the tailers I saw only showed story stuff and that's a red flag for an action game from these folks

The game has apparently unlocked in some regions so you can youtube some people streaming gameplay right now if you are so inclined.

Combat seems pretty Soulsy but there isn't a whole lot of it, most of the emphasis seems to be on environmental storytelling and puzzles.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

What Ninja Theory game?

It's called Hellblade and it's about I think a viking with PTSD literally fighting her inner demons or something

idk I've seen it popping up on the playstation blog 3 or 4 times now and there's never any gameplay

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

which one's team ninja and which one's ninja theory i refuse to google it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

which one's team ninja and which one's ninja theory i refuse to google it

Team Ninja is Ninja Gaiden / Dead or Alive

Ninja Theory is dMc / Heavenly Sword / Enslaved

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Team Ninja ruined Metroid. Ninja Theory ruined Devil May Cry.

Yeah there's nuance here I'm being facetious.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Phantasium posted:

Team Ninja ruined Metroid. Ninja Theory ruined Devil May Cry.

Yeah there's nuance here I'm being facetious.

Sakamoto killed Metroid, Team Ninja were just his executioners

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ninja gaiden (black) for the original xbox was good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I really liked that strange book-mode Ninja Gaiden on DS

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

tap my mountain posted:

Did you not read the spoilers in his three sentence post or did you just decide to "UM, ACTUALLY!!!!" anyway?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

Did you not read the spoilers in his three sentence post or did you just decide to "UM, ACTUALLY!!!!" anyway?

Nah I hate it when people try and correct an obvious joke. I just wanted to refer to team ninja as Sakamoto's executioners.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nick robinson said he liked DmC, and then two days later he was a sex predator. coincidence?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yes, in the sense that karmic retribution often makes itself appear as coincidence

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Hellblade is a mature and thoughtful examination of mental illness from the team that brought you DmC

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ah, Bayonetta

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's called Hellblade and it's about I think a viking with PTSD literally fighting her inner demons or something

idk I've seen it popping up on the playstation blog 3 or 4 times now and there's never any gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-RH2b8ac4

e: Not ringing my bell, but maybe it'll be a hit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Red Bones posted:

Hellblade is a mature and thoughtful examination of mental illness from the team that brought you DmC

ĦQue te Jodan!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I like how she lightly knees monsters in the butt.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LawfulWaffle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-RH2b8ac4

e: Not ringing my bell, but maybe it'll be a hit.

Dark Souls of War

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

tap my mountain posted:

Same with DmC, Ninja Theory was just following orders from the higher ups at Capcom but since they're filthy gaijin they get all the blame.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
DmC was hilarious and far from a bad game

sorry your bishonen prettyboy franchise got improved by some dumb gaijin

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I've never played DmC but I heard one of the bosses is literally Fox News so I'd find it impossible to hate.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

Same with DmC, Ninja Theory was just following orders from the higher ups at Capcom but since they're filthy gaijin they get all the blame.

The Nuremberg trials for bad video game developers

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

Dante is not GAYCOWBOY.JPG; Dante is POSERJACKASS.GIF

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

I don't think the Capcom higher ups told them to make the gameplay worse in every single way compared to it's predecessor.

On the other hand it's Capcom so they might actually have done that.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
While I've defended DmC in these boards a bunch, some if it's flaws were all NT who pretty much have a crazy man running things.

Still, it should always be remembered that Ninja Theory originally designed Dante to pretty much look like normal Dante and Capcom rejected the design because they wanted to go as far away from that stuff as they thought they could get away with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

precision posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DmC had a few decent ideas but incredibly obnoxious writing and its combat was basically DMC3 but worse in every possible way. The HD version improved it somewhat but it's still not great.

Also, why is your biggest criticism of the original games that Dante is pretty. Dante being a sexy guy owns.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Capcom is certainly trying to run all of their properties except two into the ground but they probably didn't make the Dante brokeback picture PowerPoint

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

While I've defended DmC in these boards a bunch, some if it's flaws were all NT who pretty much have a crazy man running things.

This is what gives me some optimism about HellbladeZ0rs because who better to lead a story about mental illness than a literal crazy man.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It makes me laugh a lot that the best game Ninja Theory has ever worked on, in terms of mechanics, is Disney Infinity 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

Capcom is certainly trying to run all of their properties except two into the ground but they probably didn't make the Dante brokeback picture PowerPoint

What's the one other than Mknster Hunter

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my fave NT story is when they brought in some hollywood writer for enslaved and they had a scene where the protagonist of enslaved kicks some slave off a cliff for no reason and the hollywood writer was like 'why would you have him do this, it makes him totally unlikable' and the NT writers were like 'yeah its BADASS'

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Capcom (to commercial success): I wish I knew how to quit you

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Hellblade

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

You can tell it wasn't made by Capcom because it's a really funny picture.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its funny until you realize that there is a non-zero amount of people who didnt play devil may cry because it was GAY and that ninja theory deliberately catered to those people

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

What's the one other than Mknster Hunter

Ace Attorney is cool

precision posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's still funny. I mean look at it.

• Locked thread