Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bif:

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe she had an n0 cop

If I really wanted to be paranoid about everything, this would bother me a lot since other N0 things have happened. But I will not let this consume me.

Bifauxnen posted:

Mithross sounds like he's protesting too much

##vote Mithross

Just posting this because I like how consistent Bif is with the "she doth protest too much" argument.

Bifauxnen posted:

this is a lot of words for a lurker to overjustify their own lurker-lunch choice

##vote Flamander

I liked this callout at the time and I still think it's an OK callout now. I had the same feeling when he dropped that vote.

Bifauxnen posted:

Jeez, we could just vote Flam instead, I feel better about voting him anyway

Oh well, hi MT! Are you that Aubrey chick?

Pretty consistent on the Flam vote all the way to the end of the day. Spoiler: he was voted out.

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote hal

Day 2, I'm not mega comfortable with people dropping in and throwing a vote down, especially one that is based heavily on meta. With flipless being revealed the reaction should have been to pause and take stock. Bif was the first one to drop the vote though, and this bothers me less than MMT's followup vote on Hal later, for reasons I already explained.

Bifauxnen posted:

It's really frustrating to not know what Flam really was. If he was scum then it'd be obvious to look at Mithross next for wanting to move the vote off him. But I think Mithross sounds more town, and calling out his intent that explicitly near deadline feels a bit too bold for scum. Especially before we knew the game wasn't gonna have flips.

I still like the case on Jam and might vote him next if nothing else happens soon.

This feels real, but also makes me wonder if scum knew the game would be flipless or if everyone was in the dark about that. Would be interesting to go back and see if anyone gave that away day 1.

Bifauxnen posted:

didn't the Flam vote ramp up while Nazgul was still around? I voted him and Max joined in immediately. We were the only 2 votes for a while but Asiina said around the same time that she would also vote Flam. Pod showed up and said he was suss on both of them.

A correct reporting of events. This is getting sort of boring as a re-read because I've felt good about Bif most of the game so I mostly read her stuff and go "uh huh, yup."

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't like the way Hal defended Nazgul. It's conflating a critique of lurker lunches in general with not wanting to vote Nazgul in particular. So that's got me wondering if they could've been scumbuddies after all.

Bif has thrown so much shade at Hal at this point that it doesn't make sense for him to have been killed last night with her as scum. Would make more sense for him to have been brought to MYLO if that was the case. So townie points for that.

Bifauxnen posted:

the fact that whoever IS Audrey never claimed to point out how irrelevant that was makes me wonder too.

Good point, and makes me wonder about why Asiina never brought it up. But that is neither here nor there.

Next is the mason thing, which, uh, still dunno what's going on there. If it's a ruse it is so wild I don't know how someone could have come up with it without prompting.

Bifauxnen posted:

wait so you are in a mason doc

right now

with someone that's supposed to be me

try asking them what they like best about Komaeda

One of the many responses.

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe Asiina or Mithross could've been the vig, but I'm not sure why either of them would want to vig the other. I don't remember either of them casing the other.

anyway, just an hour to go

##vote Sandwolf

Bif has shown that she has been interested in making sense of the setup the most out of everyone still left here. Well, the most consistently throughout the game, and has been throwing out theories in a way I don't think scum would do. I'd assume scum would be sort of timid about positing about the setup, especially if they knew a little more about what was actually going on here.

She pushes more on Sandwolf and we move on to today.

Again, I feel pretty good about Bif here so she's definitely my "least scummy" candidate today and it would probably take her coming in and announcing she is scum to get me to vote her.

I wasn't really happy with her wanting to just quick lunch me last night while I was sleeping but can understand just wanting to get it all over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK I've taken enough time away from work to do this, so I need to get back to my job, but I'm around to respond to things individually.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Just fyi, I have to run some errands and expect to be back in like 3-4 hours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Roughly 8 hours so it should be OK.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

5 hours.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

I mean yeah, fair enough. I'm just not sure when I'm going to be able to get away and really dig in today.

I'm here but phonebound for awhile (for those wondering I'm waiting to finally seeing a doctor about my shoulder that I injured a few months ago, yay~).

Right now my position is that I've had a town read on Bif* and a scum read on Somber for most of the game. I started to have doubts about Max given his claims but outside of that his play seems more likely to be town than scum.

I still plan to fine-tooth comb the game and respond to cases on me when I get home from the doctors.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

(for those wondering I'm waiting to finally seeing a doctor about my shoulder that I injured a few months ago, yay~).

:ghost: :bisonyes: :ghost:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

I mean yeah, fair enough. I'm just not sure when I'm going to be able to get away and really dig in today.

Somber just look at all that drat effort. I'm pretty much over my paranoia about Max's oracle thing now. MT has done a good job of looking townie but while you guys sound actually stressed in how perplexed you are, she sounds like she's just trying to push it home and get one of you lunched.

If you're really never gonna ever move off Max, then I'll vote him rather than wait out MYLO cause then I'd just end up dead with you voting Max tomorrow anyway. If there is another day. But for fucks sake at least first consider the remote possibility that MT could somehow be the scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

He has at least unvoted me, so that's some progress. The work day is close to ending here and we have about three hours. If he's around that would be nice.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Somber just look at all that drat effort. I'm pretty much over my paranoia about Max's oracle thing now. MT has done a good job of looking townie but while you guys sound actually stressed in how perplexed you are, she sounds like she's just trying to push it home and get one of you lunched.

The reason I don't feel perplexed is because I'm vanilla and I haven't seen a flip or a single interaction with a night action all game, so the main thing I have to go on is "who remaining in the game seems invested in figuring out people's alignments?".

My town read on you is that (a) no one has really cases you so if you were scum I feel like you would have ended the game by now, (b) you seem paranoid about who scum might be which seems consistent with how I've seen you in other games :j: and (c) you haven't claimed anything nonsensical that felt like a lie they were using to fake content, unlike the others.

Max didn't seem invested and I felt confident he was lying. But after looking at his casework in the final day combined with his reaction when it looked like he was going to get turboed, he's looking way more town.

I've voiced plenty of suspicions on Somber and he hasn't answered them yet. If I don't seem stressed it's because I feel reasonably confident that I'm right and I'm looking forward to hopefully engaging with him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I've been in the waiting room for an hour now :rip: still phonebound until further notice.

Max posted:

Then we get to the end of day scramble and MMT goes with Sandwolf over me.

To be fair I had been suspicious of Sandwolf since before that scramble, I just hadn't been voting yet because of the number of players left.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey ya'll, I put in a 60 hour week and I am literally standing over a trainee until close of business today. I do appreciate max's recent effort and I know you are all waiting on me. I'd love to get back into it but I just can't until I can, okay? I promise I will put this as my second priority.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh Max, this isn't actually important but I keep seeing it at the top of the page:

Max posted:

If I really wanted to be paranoid about everything, this would bother me a lot since other N0 things have happened. But I will not let this consume me.

The n0 cop comment was just an FF5 joke :v:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I can't picture Max doing it either and I can't picture Somber making it up

who says there wasn't a genuine effort, though? He said there was some chitchat about various topics at first, like the Max being town thing, and some good old-fashioned role fishing.

I've been thinking you sounded pretty town up till now cause you're casing compared to FF5, but Somber's meltdown and Max's frustration feel like genuine confusion.

The "Lame, Bif" post didn't impress me either, but he pulled himself right back up to follow it right up with a whole heap of effort anyway.

Can you quote me the part of Sombers meltdown that you don't think scum would have said?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh Max, this isn't actually important but I keep seeing it at the top of the page:

The n0 cop comment was just an FF5 joke :v:

I know, it's why it's couched with it letting it consume me at the end. I just wanted to do my due diligence

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Can we have a floating deadline?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

I've been in the waiting room for an hour now :rip: still phonebound until further notice.

To be fair I had been suspicious of Sandwolf since before that scramble, I just hadn't been voting yet because of the number of players left.

Oh yeah, I was just summarizing it. That wasn't really a ding against you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you quote me the part of Sombers meltdown that you don't think scum would have said?

Sure. Apart from D2 when it first all came out, it was more the stuff at the start of today:

Somberbrero posted:

Max do you have anything you want to share

Somberbrero posted:

don't gently caress around with me max. let's just be- let's just be honest with each other now. okay?

Before he went all in on Max, Somber sounded like he was seriously hoping he could get Max to confess. If he's the scum this seems like a really weird way to open the day and draw awkward attention to himself. You say he's just trying to rush the lunch on Max, but I think he'd have opened with a bit more reasoned argument or something if he's scum, considering he'd have two townies to convince. He wasn't trying to convince us. He was trying to convince Max that he knew.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Sure. Apart from D2 when it first all came out, it was more the stuff at the start of today:

Before he went all in on Max, Somber sounded like he was seriously hoping he could get Max to confess. If he's the scum this seems like a really weird way to open the day and draw awkward attention to himself. You say he's just trying to rush the lunch on Max, but I think he'd have opened with a bit more reasoned argument or something if he's scum, considering he'd have two townies to convince. He wasn't trying to convince us. He was trying to convince Max that he knew.

Man you and I have a totally different interpretation of this :eng99: like sombers only content has been that fake read on Max which was completely obviously fake from the start. ("I saw smiley faces so Max is scum!"). He only dialed it back and said it was a trap on max when no one bought it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah so devil's advocate on that somber case, because I feel obligated to make it: Somber, as scum, can just make that whole teasing thing up about me knowing I'm going to no-sell it and then turn it into what he turned it into. Why would he assume I would get flustered by it if I was scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Yeah so devil's advocate on that somber case, because I feel obligated to make it: Somber, as scum, can just make that whole teasing thing up about me knowing I'm going to no-sell it and then turn it into what he turned it into. Why would he assume I would get flustered by it if I was scum?

If he's scum he knows you're town though?

I think his goal was more to convince me/bif to mislynch you while there was a looking deadline & you weren't available, and I think his absence of any sort of game after it didn't work is indicative of having trapped himself by declaring me "obviously town" (again, why?) and not really having a case on bif.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's what I mean. If he's town I don't know why he'd assume I would break there if I was scum.

Him being so steadfast in only lunching me and clearing you is the part that's making me pause here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

that's the thing though, it doesn't seem to be assuming anything as much as just reacting to what just happened - it was a pretty short night too, so it's not like he could've been working up some grand puppetmaster plan either.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

that's the thing though, it doesn't seem to be assuming anything as much as just reacting to what just happened - it was a pretty short night too, so it's not like he could've been working up some grand puppetmaster plan either.

Mmm, that's also true.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Can we have a floating deadline?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
how floating are we talking here

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

peramene posted:

how floating are we talking here

Right now my eta is home is like 3:45-4pm pst and then I'll be at the laptop for as long as I need to be.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somber if you're reading, what is your ETA?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

If I was going to take advantage of that I'd definitely have a fake result to back it up.

You claimed earlier (on a phone so can't quote it but pretty sure I remember this from your paraphrasing?) that you told fake-bif that you're only a mason so I definitely would have questioned where your result came from.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok I gotta go to work so I will be more distracted, but still here

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

You say he's just trying to rush the lunch on Max, but I think he'd have opened with a bit more reasoned argument or something if he's scum, considering he'd have two townies to convince. He wasn't trying to convince us. He was trying to convince Max that he knew.

I had already pointed out that Max's claimed role (oracle) and the haiku/Miller/juggernaut-proofing sounded totally fake and max was saying he wouldn't be around at the time so I'm assuming he didn't feel like he had to convince me of anything.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hi

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh sweet.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
man where to even begin

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this is all a huge mess

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Analysis paralysis?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
man max that case isn't much of anything now that i actually read it.

correct me if i'm wrong but the bullet points are:

1) agreed with sandwolf and didn't properly evidence what i agreed with sandwolf on
2) something about that smoking gun comment re: MMT
3) ... i can't actually parse what the real meat of this case is outside that.

catching up on the rest of the posts.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's a giant re-read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

It's a giant re-read.

Oh ignore the smoking gun thing, I realized I messed up when some posts were made.

• Locked thread