Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

look i had to watch a youtube video of some guy's thirty minute long conspiracy theory about how devil may cry 4 was programming to make teenage boys faggots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Ace Attorney is cool

Oh yeah, duh.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

its funny until you realize that there is a non-zero amount of people who didnt play devil may cry because it was GAY and that ninja theory deliberately catered to those people
They really just moved from the ideal Japanese bishie to the British ideal of a gay boy though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

They really just moved from the ideal Japanese bishie to the British ideal of a gay boy though
british people cant be gay

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Endorph posted:

look i had to watch a youtube video of some guy's thirty minute long conspiracy theory about how devil may cry 4 was programming to make teenage boys faggots

There's some MRA furry who once posted a 30min video on youtube about how Mass Effect Andromeda's facial animations were made bad on purpose by SJWs at Bioware.

What I'm trying to say is that crazy people exist in any cross-section imaginable.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

There's some MRA furry who once posted a 30min video on youtube about how Mass Effect Andromeda's facial animations were made bad on purpose by skeletons at Bioware.

What I'm trying to say is that crazy people exist in any cross-section imaginable.
oh that wasn't just one guy that was an entire theory that led to a woman getting like 700 death threats

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

precision posted:

DmC was hilarious and far from a bad game

sorry your bishonen prettyboy franchise got improved by some dumb gaijin

It's pretty different from Devil May Cry so I can understand the hate but it's still a decent to good game. I'm glad I got it on PS+ rather than paying 60 bucks for it, though.

The worst thing about it was that half the stages were weird labyrinths of floating debris that formed in front of you as you progressed.

Endorph posted:

its funny until you realize that there is a non-zero amount of people who didnt play devil may cry because it was GAY and that ninja theory deliberately catered to those people

This is weird to me because DmC Dante reads a lot gayer than regular Dante.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

they use a different word for it, like how "lift" means elevator, "lorry" means truck, and "cottage" means horny bathroom. I'm pretty sure dogging just means looking for cute dogs to pet though just like in the US

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i played a little of devil may cry 1 back when it came out and from what i remember i liked it

i liked devil may cry 4 but didn't like how dante was way more fun than nero but you got to play as him less

i played a bit of DmC but the second i realized the game was gating collectibles in levels behind abilities you didn't get until later levels i dropped it

thank you for listening to my essay on what i think of devil may cry i hope you had as much fun reading it as i did writing it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Casual reminder that DmC opens with this

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

yeah, it's great

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ALPzS0QfQ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i played a little of devil may cry 1 back when it came out and from what i remember i liked it

i liked devil may cry 4 but didn't like how dante was way more fun than nero but you got to play as him less

i played a bit of DmC but the second i realized the game was gating collectibles in levels behind abilities you didn't get until later levels i dropped it

thank you for listening to my essay on what i think of devil may cry i hope you had as much fun reading it as i did writing it

you should play dmc3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't really care if someone likes the gameplay in DmC more cause it's sort of decently fun even if its appeal does not last nearly as long, but DmC dante isn't even like consistently obnoxious for most of the game he's just kind of bland and if anything i think that might be worse than him being an eternal jerkass on top of the game actively wanting you to think he's a super cool badass

old dante is cool cause there's only one game where he's just sort of a cool badass who also gets really melodramatic, and in every game after he's either a friendly dork trying to do cool poo poo and fumbling at the last second every time, or a weird uncle. i'm not counting dmc2

also the fox news boss in DmC is kind of amazing conceptually and it sort of looks cool but it's really boring to fight. the boss fights in DmC outside of the very last one kind of suck, there's one chapter that's just a really really long boss fight and it's possibly the worst part of the game on multiple levels. there's nothing interesting about fighting most of the bosses and it really shows when that entire fight just ends up feeling like you're doing the exact same bullshit for like ten minutes with no variety

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Colonel posted:

doing the exact same bullshit for like ten minutes with no variety

but goons love dark souls

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the difference between DmC and dark souls is that in dark souls a boss takes ten minutes because you keep getting slammed in the face midway through and in DmC a boss takes ten minutes because it takes a billion hits to kill and has like three phases that are all annoying and bad

and you can't get an op weapon and character build to speed it up

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The Colonel posted:

it takes a billion hits to kill and has like three phases that are all annoying and bad

hey it's dark souls 3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
please stop bringing dark souls into this serious discussion of DmC: Devil may Cry, the video game that is not as bad as Devil May Cry 2

also i'm gonna give a hot take i think most of the character designs in ninja theory's games look bad. but DmC is the only one i've played

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 7, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

Oh yeah the one good bit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm gonna play hellblade. Hell (lol) I might stream it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hellblade looks like they played MGR and thought to themselves 'how can we make this slow and boring?'

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

4377137@D3Z

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Hellblade looks like they played MGR and thought to themselves 'how can we make this slow and boring?'

i already played indie games that did that so i think they might be late to corner that market

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Endorph posted:

you should play dmc3

pc port is legendary for how horrific it is unfortunately

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

please stop bringing dark souls into this serious discussion of DmC: Devil may Cry, the video game that is not as bad as Devil May Cry 2

also i'm gonna give a hot take i think most of the character designs in ninja theory's games look bad. but DmC is the only one i've played
The designs in Enslaved are fine if kinda forgettable. Monkey King looking motherfucker, Girl In Tube Top, and big fat guy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dmc3pc is, uh, mostly playable? there's a mod that makes it, almost work, but it definitely always has nasty performance issues unless you're ok playing without music

the ps2 version emulates fine if you're ok doing that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

pc port is legendary for how horrific it is unfortunately

It's terrible and Steam refused my refund request

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
maybe the best dmc game is sonic unleashed

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's too bad Vergil didn't get DmC along with that baby

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

maybe the best dmc game is sonic unleashed

No

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjvNTT87OCk&t=25s

holy poo poo

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hahaha :drat:

Unrelated, since Middle Earth:Shadow of War is going to be stuffing microtransactions in, I'm curious if people respond badly to it if WB is going to think it's the fact they pushed microtransactions, or assume it's the ip's fault.

In other words, is it gonna be another Dead Space 3/Deus ex Mankind Divided where publisher overreach killed the ip.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 7, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Hahaha :drat:

Unrelated, since Middle Earth:Shadow of War is going to be stuffing microtransactions in, I'm curious if people respond badly to it if WB is going to think it's the fact they pushed microtransactions, or assume it's the ip's fault.

In other words, is it gonna be another Dead Space 3/Deus ex Mankind Divided where publisher overreach killed the ip.

You already know the answer to your question.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the question is what monolith makes afterwards

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Colonel posted:

the question is what monolith makes afterwards

No One Lives Forever 3 obviously

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i just had a guy i've known for 10 years block me on facebook for replying to his girlfriend saying "Why are ren faires full of weird Trekkies and BDSM weirdos" with "correction: overweight polyamorous sociopaths"

apparently it's OK to shame Trek people (I don't disagree) and BDSM people but simply saying the word "overweight" is "body shaming" and YOU'RE BLOCKED rear end in a top hat

sorry guys i know yall don't care but man i am so depressed about technology right now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Every time I hear Ninja Theory I'm reminded of that story about Enslaved where they almost had the main character just randomly kill a slave by kicking them off a cliff because That's what cool guys did

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

precision posted:

i just had a guy i've known for 10 years block me on facebook for replying to his girlfriend saying "Why are ren faires full of weird Trekkies and BDSM weirdos" with "correction: overweight polyamorous sociopaths"

apparently it's OK to shame Trek people (I don't disagree) and BDSM people but simply saying the word "overweight" is "body shaming" and YOU'RE BLOCKED rear end in a top hat

sorry guys i know yall don't care but man i am so depressed about technology right now

No one is a winner in this exchange

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
To be fair that does sound like the kind of lovely thing the monkey King would do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

• Locked thread