Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

that's not gay, that's just ray smuckles's desktop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't care that the artist there is a japanese guy, anthony horowitz must've okayed the cover and he's english and that design is gay as gently caress and also good and owns and I wish we lived in a world where people could actually pull off stuff like that

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ah yes, notable artist of gay things hirohiko araki

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

that's not gay, that's just ray smuckles's desktop

No it's not, this is.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

dogsicle posted:

ah yes, notable artist of gay things hirohiko araki

This, but unironically

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jim Sterling's latest Jimquisition is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWYOuVoDbXk&hd=1

And normally comments are trainwrecks on youtube videos but this is a great one:

quote:

Totally Not A Cylon2 hours ago (edited)
SHELOB IS A GIANT SPIDER

SHES THE CHILD OF UNGOLIANT, A SPIDER SO FULL OF EVIL AND HATE AND DESIRE TO EAT EVERYTHING THAT IT LITERALLY ATE ITSELF BECAUSE IT RAN OUT OF OTHER LIVING THINGS TO KILL AND EAT

SHES THE CHILD OF THE CREATURE THAT HELPED THE MANIFESTATION AND ORIGIN OF EVERYTHING BAD IN THE TOLKIEN UNIVERSE (Morgoth/Melkor) DESTROY THE MOST HOLY THINGS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD AT THAT TIME (The Two Trees of Valinor)

SHELOB WOULD NOT loving CARE TO LOOK LIKE A HOT CHICK. SHE WOULDNT CARE. SHE EATS ORCS. DO YOU THINK SOMEONE WHO EATS ORCS AND IS DRIVEN BY NOTHING BUT A DESIRE TO KILL AND EAT THINGS WOULD BE BOTHERED BY HOW THEY LOOK?

NO. SHES A SPIDER. SHE WOULD EAT YOU.

FOR gently caress SAKE

I only just found out about human form Shelob from it and boy, what a dumb decision. Also, microtransactions, because of loving course.

But really, I would have been SO MUCH HAPPIER to work alongside a giant, horrific evil spider than it conveniently taking a normal-sized human woman form in a sexy dress, because as he says, that's been done to loving death

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Nvm

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
On the other hand, I managed to get a friend of mine to not believe every image macro of PETA-esque "animal cruelty" she sees because of the infamous sheep-shearing image, by showing her exactly how the process actually works, so it's not always bad

edit: hey you edited it all out :colbert:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There's a countdown timer on the NMS ARG now that ends in like 15 minutes, also NMS went on sale today on Humble and PSN so people seem to think this thing is happening today?? Prepare to be massively disappointed by this patch they've spent the last 4 months teasing
https://www.twitch.tv/wakingtitan

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

Jim Sterling's latest Jimquisition is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWYOuVoDbXk&hd=1

And normally comments are trainwrecks on youtube videos but this is a great one:

I only just found out about human form Shelob from it and boy, what a dumb decision. Also, microtransactions, because of loving course.

But really, I would have been SO MUCH HAPPIER to work alongside a giant, horrific evil spider than it conveniently taking a normal-sized human woman form in a sexy dress, because as he says, that's been done to loving death

I have finally found it, the perfect anti-CJacobs video. The CJacronomicon.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

because of the infamous sheep-shearing image

What's that

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

homeless snail posted:

There's a countdown timer on the NMS ARG now that ends in like 15 minutes, also NMS went on sale today on Humble and PSN so people seem to think this thing is happening today?? Prepare to be massively disappointed by this patch they've spent the last 4 months teasing

Yup, they're opening the box in 10 minutes. I completely forgot and I lost myself in that poo poo yesterday, thanks!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

I have finally found it, the perfect anti-CJacobs video. The CJacronomicon.

you, jim sterling, and hbomberguy are like literally the only youtubers i watch

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

homeless snail posted:

I can't wrap my head around how the devs of the game that's legendary for being overhyped decided to build more even more hype over it. What could they possibly announce that would justify this massive blueballing?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

http://i.imgur.com/1bSII1P.jpg :nws: for a bloody "sheared" sheep body.

This is how sheep shearing actually is

(cut off, but it explains that overgrown sheep get weighed down, can't eat, etc due to the heavy fleece)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Multiplayer :laugh:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Hahaha :drat:

Unrelated, since Middle Earth:Shadow of War is going to be stuffing microtransactions in, I'm curious if people respond badly to it if WB is going to think it's the fact they pushed microtransactions, or assume it's the ip's fault.

In other words, is it gonna be another Dead Space 3/Deus ex Mankind Divided where publisher overreach killed the ip.

WB does this poo poo with literally every game they publish so I doubt the new LotR game somehow flopping is going to make them reconsider.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samuringa posted:

I can't wrap my head around how the devs of the game that's legendary for being overhyped decided to build more even more hype over it. What could they possibly announce that would justify this massive blueballing?
The same people that just made poo poo up to hype themselves up about the first time around are doing it all over again this time, its kind of amazing.

I just want them to redo the UI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are they talking about Shadow of war?

I think I remember seeing a trailer with a sexy titty Ent as well, are they really going with a Prince of Persia-style edgelord sequel

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

you, jim sterling, and hbomberguy are like literally the only youtubers i watch

Impressive! But as a person who is not a fan of spiders nor sexy ladies, the idea of a spider becoming a sexy lady makes me want to cower under my bed.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Paging Cabbagepots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvINJwI_1Cc

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Samuringa posted:

with this update you will be physically transported into your PS4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

i just had a guy i've known for 10 years block me on facebook for replying to his girlfriend saying "Why are ren faires full of weird Trekkies and BDSM weirdos" with "correction: overweight polyamorous sociopaths"

apparently it's OK to shame Trek people (I don't disagree) and BDSM people but simply saying the word "overweight" is "body shaming" and YOU'RE BLOCKED rear end in a top hat

sorry guys i know yall don't care but man i am so depressed about technology right now

i would probably block you too lmao

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has there ever been a good ARG

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I liked the NIN one

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
as a former fatty, Please Work Out

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Help Im Alive posted:

Wasn't ILoveBees good? It's been so long I forget.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Majestic looked fairly sick, but also it had a monthly fee so I never played it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Help Im Alive posted:

Majestic seemed pretty cool until 9/11 shut that down and probably killed ARGs for a decade.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's called an ARG because that's what you shout when you read about them

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No doubt the literal tens of people still interested in No Man's Sky are on the edge of their seats.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

exquisite tea posted:

No doubt the literal tens of people still interested in No Man's Sky are on the edge of their seats.
IT SAID HELLO! TO ME!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i thought the point of an arg was to discover some mystery or something, i feel like announcing to the world HERE IS OUR ARG THAT ANNOUNCES THE NEW NO MANS SKY PATCH means nobody will ever care to solve it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The portal 2 ARG was pretty cool when it was just a neat way to share concept art. I found it pretty novel from before E3 all the way up until the potato part, at which point it became "spend lots of money on these random games we picked and Portal 2 MIGHT come out up to SIX HOURS EARLIER"

edit: Actually it was 9 hours early but whoop de doo

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

I liked the BioShock 2 one.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

i thought the point of an arg was to discover some mystery or something, i feel like announcing to the world HERE IS OUR ARG THAT ANNOUNCES THE NEW NO MANS SKY PATCH means nobody will ever care to solve it
I don't think anyone realized it had anything to do with No Man's Sky until it was like halfway through, its about women uploaded into computers to be AIs and cyberpunk poo poo. People that like ARGs seemed to be way into this one but those people are weird

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just want to watch the hamster tbh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CJacobs posted:

The portal 2 ARG was pretty cool when it was just a neat way to share concept art. I found it pretty novel from before E3 all the way up until the potato part, at which point it became "spend lots of money on these random games we picked and Portal 2 MIGHT come out up to SIX HOURS EARLIER"

to be fair the prize for doing all the potatoes was you got every valve game for free forever. but little did people realize portal 2 would be the last valve game so their prize was meaningless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CJacobs posted:

That thing didn't even work I remember staying up to play Portal 2 on release but the sheer volume of people trying to download it from steam just hosed everything up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Majestic was amazing when it left you ominous voicemails that made my ex freak out about people coming to kill us

• Locked thread