Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah i was distracted by the alien thing.

mmt, any thoughts on my max post above before we're done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It was in character.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo-qweh7nbQ

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Somberbrero posted:

yeah i was distracted by the alien thing.

mmt, any thoughts on my max post above before we're done?

The thing about the oracle claim is that he phrased it as "and I know a bit about the setup" (which sounds like what an oracle would say) when he shared info that about masonries, which you corroborated.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

welp good luck tomorrow assholes if you don't wake up dead ugh

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

The thing about the oracle claim is that he phrased it as "and I know a bit about the setup" (which sounds like what an oracle would say) when he shared info that about masonries, which you corroborated.

that seems like a weird interpretation of the role especially consdiering that it was mostly wrong

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote max

v0v good luck

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

that seems like a weird interpretation of the role especially consdiering that it was mostly wrong

No loving poo poo. So much about this game is rear end backwards.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wow great awesome.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

Wow great awesome.

who would you i vote instead??

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
all that and no lunch

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd rather you had engaged in any of the conversation that was had after my big effort post about you because I feel like you just stopped there and decided to ignore everything else.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

The only oracle I remember playing with was in like a choose your own adventure game where the oracle was told what the results of each choice would be. I've never seen it used as like a "standard" mafia role.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Max (1): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Somberbrero
Murmur Twin (1): Bifauxnen

Not Voting (2): Max, Murmur Twin

With 4 hunies, it's 3 votes to pop. Figure out who to pop by August 07th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

I'd rather you had engaged in any of the conversation that was had after my big effort post about you because I feel like you just stopped there and decided to ignore everything else.

yeah i wish i had the time for that too

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

The only oracle I remember playing with was in like a choose your own adventure game where the oracle was told what the results of each choice would be. I've never seen it used as like a "standard" mafia role.

i literally just ran one in cooks vs cons

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

##vote max

v0v good luck

##vote Somber

He was literally pushing for Max while missing both he and I (the other person casing him) talking about his claimed role. There's no way a town player suspicious of someone else could miss something like that.

If we no lynch I guess that works but I really can't believe there's doubt about this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Is this floating or what?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Somber

He was literally pushing for Max while missing both he and I (the other person casing him) talking about his claimed role. There's no way a town player suspicious of someone else could miss something like that.

If we no lynch I guess that works but I really can't believe there's doubt about this.

i don't know what else to say other than i'm really tired. why would i make that move as scum either

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Somber

Also I'd love to hear bif's take on this because her insistence that Somber's attempt to lynch Max at the start of day makes him town seems rear end-backwards to me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

Is this floating or what?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
WELL if ya'll need me to close the thread I can do that I GUESS

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Lillian, as played by Bifauxnen, has been popped.

It is now Day 5.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Not Voting (3): Max, Murmur Twin, Somberbrero

With 3 hunies, it's 2 votes to pop. Figure out who to pop by August 08th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 42 minutes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

i don't know what else to say other than i'm really tired. why would i make that move as scum either

You can make that argument about me as well dude.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You guys around?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Yay no-lynch was the right play! :yotj:

peramene posted:

Lillian, as played by Bifauxnen, has been popped.

It is now Day 5.

Can I ask when the deadline is? I'm here now and am willing to hash stuff out but if Somber (or Max) wants to wait until everyone is here and able to fully engaged I can go with that too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
naw gently caress that let's take it home.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's apparently 24 hours but I kinda don't want this to go past tonight.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i can't argue that i've played a better game than max, i can't blame you if that's the way you want to go mmt. it is unfortunately the wrong play.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

You guys around?

I'm here - we're around about approaching my bedtime but I'm having fun and am down to keep playing if you guys are.

I will say that I'm not really surprised that Bif was the kill since no one seemed to think she was scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm here - we're around about approaching my bedtime but I'm having fun and am down to keep playing if you guys are.

I will say that I'm not really surprised that Bif was the kill since no one seemed to think she was scum.

i'm pretty exhausted and you're the deciding vote, so i'd like to get this knocked out either way. is there anything i can answer that i missed earlier that would help you make up your mind?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah that seemed like a foregone conclusion.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

i'm pretty exhausted and you're the deciding vote, so i'd like to get this knocked out either way. is there anything i can answer that i missed earlier that would help you make up your mind?

You missed this if you think she's the deciding vote:

Max posted:

I'm going to do a bif re-read when I get a chance but spoiler: I'm not really feeling her for scum so that's gonna be a boring one, though my paranoia about how she hosed with my head in Temple is certainly still alive and kicking.

Between Somber and MMT, Somber is obviously the far more obvious scummy actor here. But I can also envision him and I looking like obvious juicy targets for people to latch on to and bring to endgame. I COULD see MMT being the scum, though if that's the case she's played a really, really subtle game here and I'd want more discussion about it before dropping a vote in either direction. Somber's insistence that the smiley face was me and not even bothering to consider MMT is the thing that stops me from just dropping a vote on him and calling it a day, because as I said, I'd expect scum to keep their options open at MYLO. He isn't, but MMT is.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It only dawned on me near the end of that deadline that you hadn't read past the post regarding you. I get that you had no time to do so.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Why won't you even consider the fact that I might be scum? Like Max's effortpost and subsequent shift of opinion starting at MYLO were enough to make me change my mind, yet it didn't seem to impact your opinion of him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

Why won't you even consider the fact that I might be scum? Like Max's effortpost and subsequent shift of opinion starting at MYLO were enough to make me change my mind, yet it didn't seem to impact your opinion of him.

because if i don't listen to my instincts then i am totally and utterly lost.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I really don't think he read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMT, are you absolutely not scum?

• Locked thread