Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

quote:

if you’re anal about Poopie

:butt:

Edit: Of course this was a loving thread snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

If you order Volume XXXIX from Shout, you get the Complete Poopie disc as a bonus.

Ordered - I usually try to get the sets when they're marked down on Amazon, but this is probably going to be a collector's item.

Still sore about missing the very first set with the Crow figurine since I have the Servo and Gypsy ones.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mister Kingdom posted:

If you order Volume XXXIX from Shout, you get the Complete Poopie disc as a bonus.

this is worth it, i have it on VHS

if you don't want a hard copy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M013NSukf1w

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Crow screaming while his eyes burst into flames is the best thing ever.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Egbert Souse posted:

Ordered - I usually try to get the sets when they're marked down on Amazon, but this is probably going to be a collector's item.

Still sore about missing the very first set with the Crow figurine since I have the Servo and Gypsy ones.

I always order the sets as soon as they are offered - from Shout if there's a bonus, Amazon otherwise.

That's how I ended up with Volume 10.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Live show was pretty good. Felt like it being live helped the jokes flow a lot better and watching it with a lot of other people really heightened the comedy for me.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Is this the first time Poopie Parade of Values is available on a commercial release?

I taped it off the air way back when and would watch it all the time. Dunno, something just drew me to Trace's fake Australian accent. :3: plus the infomercial worked; I ordered both the Poopie tape and scrapbook from the fan club because of it.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
The Kansas City show was a blast and I'm so glad I went. Replacement Tom Servo won me over during the invention exchange, and there was a great Poopie moment later on when his hand came off during a sketch. :allears:

Also it's been long enough since I've seen Eegah that that non sequitur shot with the two lizards just killed me. Holy poo poo I forgot how funny that was.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Minneapolis show #1 in 39 minutes!!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I have 6 beers, a bottle of cheap whiskey, and 9 episodes of Iron Fist. Can I do it?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

bunnyofdoom posted:

I have 6 beers, a bottle of cheap whiskey, and 9 episodes of Iron Fist. Can I do it?

Local Man Arrested for Practising King Fu on Lampost

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Live show is very fun. I struggled a bit to stay awake through both shows (like 5 hours of riffing) but the mystery movie is so so good.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Saw the Minneapolis show last night. The guy they picked to inflict the invention exchange on was great. Biggest cheer of the night was (naturally) for Hometown Hero Joel Hodgson.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Oh yeah and Har Mar Superstar was there to sing the theme song!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Reince Penis posted:

Local Man Arrested for Practising King Fu on Lampost

gently caress. Wrong thread.

(I barely made it through 4.)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

bunnyofdoom posted:

It's never good. It seems like it's getting better 2 or 3 episodes before the end, but then it completely turns to poo poo.

So Netflix has $20 Billion worth of debt... is that what's holding up another season of MST3K? I wonder how many seasons of MST3K they could make with the budget of one season of Iron Fist. Probably at least 2, if not more. No glowing fist effect. No fight choreographers/stuntmen. They probably paid Finn Jones way too much.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

To be fair, I doubt they spent any money on stunt co-ordinators

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

LabyaMynora posted:

It's never good. It seems like it's getting better 2 or 3 episodes before the end, but then it completely turns to poo poo.

So Netflix has $20 Billion worth of debt... is that what's holding up another season of MST3K? I wonder how many seasons of MST3K they could make with the budget of one season of Iron Fist. Probably at least 2, if not more. No glowing fist effect. No fight choreographers/stuntmen. They probably paid Finn Jones way too much.

That's actually not true, Netflix only has a total gross debt of 4.8 billion dollars(which to my understanding isn't particularly notable in the entertainment industry), the 15 to 20 billion number is related to their future content expenses, which is something pretty much every content provider has as part of licensing agreements(Disney/ESPN for example has 49 billion dollars committed just in it's sports contracts alone)

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
We've been working out way through the rival (just have two more to go) and loads of Riffrax (as they are on Amazon Prime), but last night went for Time Chasers.

Hi, I'm Bob Evil.

Patrick Brantseg's 'Dude' factory worker is one of my favourite host segment guest-characters.

I also like the aerial dog-fight over colonial-era Vermont where you can clearly see traffic, modern housing, and at one point a parked-up tractor trailer.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I unironically like Time Chasers. It's pretty good for being made by a 19 year old, and something about its earnestness just really appeals to me. I mean, the end shot is the dorky hero working up the courage to talk to a girl in a supermarket.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

MorgaineDax posted:

I unironically like Time Chasers. It's pretty good for being made by a 19 year old, and something about its earnestness just really appeals to me. I mean, the end shot is the dorky hero working up the courage to talk to a girl in a supermarket.

I hadn't heard that Time Chasers was made by a 19-year-old before. That is impressive, then. Who is this child?

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
http://www.sequentialtart.com/article.php?id=461

https://misantropey.com/2016/04/29/interview-with-david-giancola-of-time-chasers/

David Giancola, who still makes movies. He's done a bunch of cool interviews about what it was like making a movie as a teenager and the experience of it getting on MST3K and later Rifftrax. He used his college fund to make the movie, his dad was an amateur pilot and did a bunch of the arial shots, and Bob Evil, CEO was a dairy farmer they hired and would come to set in cow-poop covered jeans.

RaspberrySea fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 6, 2017

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Those were interesting! Thanks!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

MorgaineDax posted:

Bob Evil, CEO was a dairy farmer they hired and would come to set in cow-poop covered jeans.

That is loving hilarious.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:siren:ALERT! ALERT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!:siren:

We have JOE DON BAKER at large!

https://www.rifftrax.com/final-justice

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MorgaineDax posted:

same. it's just barely a bad movie, when you account for the fact that it was the director's first film, no budget, scraped together sets/locations and amateur actors. unlike many bad movies which are confusing or painfully boring time chasers falls into that charming category of technically bad but legitimately entertaining. like at least it's well paced and you can mostly follow the plot. i'd say it's one of the five best films featured on mst3k

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yay, my cinematic titanic collection arrived, now I have to figure out what to do with these duplicate episodes.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm at the MST3K live show in Baltimore. Do they do any kind of meet and greet after the show?

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
I believe you had to splurge for the VIP package for that.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Oh well. Show was amazing anyway.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
RIP Nakajima Haruo, the first person to play Godzilla. He was in the 1954 original and for the next eighteen years wore the Godzilla suit in many sequels, including MST3K's Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster. (Megalon was the first one made without him.) He also played monsters in movies like Rodan and Mothra, and he had small roles in Seven Samurai, The Hidden Fortress, and Yojimbo. He was 88.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

TL posted:

Oh well. Show was amazing anyway.

Yeah, the meet-and-greet was before the show. There's a Q&A and you get a picture.

Also you're right, the live show was goddamn incredible. I was also there tonight.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Action Jacktion posted:

RIP Nakajima Haruo, the first person to play Godzilla. He was in the 1954 original and for the next eighteen years wore the Godzilla suit in many sequels, including MST3K's Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster. (Megalon was the first one made without him.) He also played monsters in movies like Rodan and Mothra, and he had small roles in Seven Samurai, The Hidden Fortress, and Yojimbo. He was 88.

:(

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

duz posted:

Yay, my cinematic titanic collection arrived, now I have to figure out what to do with these duplicate episodes.

Oh hey, thanks for the reminder! I totally forgot I ordered that. Amazon says I'm getting it next week. I'm excited, because I've never seen an episode, despite being a huge MST3K fan.

Are there any particular episodes I should hit first?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Action Jacktion posted:

RIP.

He and fellow Godzilla actor, Kenpachiro Satsuma walked out of the film Zilla, criticizing it, and I have always pictured the both of them doing it dressed in their Godzilla costumes, doing the sad walk away with the monster heads turned to the ground. It's always made me laugh.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

rydiafan posted:

Oh hey, thanks for the reminder! I totally forgot I ordered that. Amazon says I'm getting it next week. I'm excited, because I've never seen an episode, despite being a huge MST3K fan.

Are there any particular episodes I should hit first?

I'd go in order, because they make an attempt at a storyline before abandoning it in the live shows. It's not an amazing story, but the do a lot of fun bits in the shadowrama where they stop the movie and play with that format.

The movies in general in those eps skew more towards horror. Especially cheesy, gory horror.

Doomsday Machine is a personal favorite of mine, but they're all really well done.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016
Good to know Mangler, my copy arrives Monday.

I got close enough to finishing Waverly that I can take him to the live show tomorrow.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Anyone going tonight in RVA? I'll be the dude wearing a Manos Restoration Torgo shirt, hanging out with my pink-haired waifu.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Currently watching the first of two shows in Nashville. From reading the thread, it seems like the jokes are mostly the same with some improve. Still great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

mangler103 posted:

I'd go in order, because they make an attempt at a storyline before abandoning it in the live shows. It's not an amazing story, but the do a lot of fun bits in the shadowrama where they stop the movie and play with that format.

The movies in general in those eps skew more towards horror. Especially cheesy, gory horror.

Doomsday Machine is a personal favorite of mine, but they're all really well done.

The last 15 minutes of Doomsday Machine are the most bizarre, boring 15 minutes you'll ever watch.