Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Benne posted:

When's the last time they actually made new TTG episodes? I don't remember CN doing any serious promotion for "new TTG" lately, it's just reruns as far as the eye can see.

generally the only times where a week goes by and there isn't a new episode of TTG are most of december (CN's usual winter hiatus), and the month prior to a bomb (for example, because of the four episodes airing this week, there weren't any in july)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So, re: the new Voltron episodes:

The ship Lotor created from the comet is pretty obviously a pair of legs for a combined robot, right?

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
It's shameful to admit this, but I have to say I legitimately, unironically really enjoyed S3 of Voltron. S1 had a lot of cringe-y moments, but S2 improved heavily on it and S3 was just flat out fun.

TFRazorsaw posted:

So, re: the new Voltron episodes:

The ship Lotor created from the comet is pretty obviously a pair of legs for a combined robot, right?

That was totally my guess, too.

I wonder where they are going with Shiro, now. They had a chance to kill him off, but brought him back. He's obviously got some sort of hidden brainwashing even he's not aware of, but why didn't this get taken advantage of in S2? Maybe it wasn't finished, and they only just now had the chance to finish the brainwashing? But why would the lion teleport him back into the hands of his former captors? Is he a clone, or something? There was the weird shot of him running past the room with himself tied to a table, which they tried to make you think was a hallucination - but was it? I don't think he'll pilot the Black Lion again, since that seems like it would be going backwards character-development wise, so I'm mildly concerned they're going to kill him off again - probably after his brainwashing nearly ruins everything and he has to sacrifice himself to undo it, or something..

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 4, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I know the Avatar comparisons with Voltron are pretty common, but they just straight up put Ty Lee into this season, didn't they?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

I know the Avatar comparisons with Voltron are pretty common, but they just straight up put Ty Lee into this season, didn't they?

Eh. That one doesn't seem to really a very spiritual character like Ty Lee was and the "energetic female minion" is a common enough character type.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i love how Lothor's whole shtick is "hire! more! woman! guards!".

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Voltron S3: maybe this is because it was only seven episodes, but it felt like there was too much "house keeping", between the musical chairs and establishing Lotor. In general there wasn't the same tension and focus that came from being the clear underdogs, but they didn't really do as much as they could with the new status quo either.

It did lack the flaws of the other seasons though, especially the bad jokes, or totally sidelining Lance and Hunk. But it didn't have any individual episodes that stood out either (like Pidge's Die Hard season 1 or the Battlestar Galactica kinda episode season 2).

Also I was really hoping Keith would just tell Shiro to stop armchair quarterbacking. Seriously, they got shot in the back because he convinced them to ignore the fighter in favor of the teletubby.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So starting September 1, it seems like CN is going to have new episodes of four shows every Friday. OK KO, TTG, Gumball, and Bears.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Oh my god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMfY8x2hkPY

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://twitter.com/ducktales/status/893596418417491970

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

i think naming the azula lookalike "auxia" was a bit on-the-nose

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Venuz Patrol posted:

i think naming the azula lookalike "auxia" was a bit on-the-nose

She did not even look or act like Azula.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I'm looking forward to Apple and Onion on CN.
https://youtu.be/gsnxNdRFYLk

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

So starting September 1, it seems like CN is going to have new episodes of four shows every Friday. OK KO, TTG, Gumball, and Bears.
Wow, a new episode schedule that makes sense!

I heard that new Bears is happening every weekday next week.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Still relying on bomb formats is going to get them right back to where they were this week, but at least I guess they saved some for later in the year. God help them if all they have for fall is Over the Garden Wall again.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm just hoping for any news of Steven Universe, it's been a while.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I mean, there was just a trailer for season 5 at SDCC.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, there was just a trailer for season 5 at SDCC.

Nope, show's canceled, go home everyone.

Edit: In all seriousness they're clearly stockpiling episodes but at this point it's hard to say what the hell for.

Edit Edit: Fall of Lars? Winter of Greg?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Season 5 will be a radical depature starting with the next episode bomb, the Springtime of Hitler

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

BioEnchanted posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tarQx32zGEE

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

thelaughingman posted:

I'm looking forward to Apple and Onion on CN.
https://youtu.be/gsnxNdRFYLk

The shot of everyone at the party after they get done copying everyone made me die laughing

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

Season 5 will be a radical depature starting with the next episode bomb, the Springtime of Hitler

Sad thing is that after the TTG Nuke they could probably get away with that.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
soon will come the eschabomb, the bomb to end all bombs, 53 episodes, aired simultaneously.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Every remaining episode of Steven Universe will be aired on every Time Warner channel simultaneously, from TNT to CNN.

They will not be aired again.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've seen the trailer, I'm just hoping for any kind of time period, even if not a set date. The wait feels longer when we just don't know when it will end.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
CN has brought back the original Teen Titans. They're airing it in the mornings at 6 and 6:30

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gaunab posted:

CN has brought back the original Teen Titans. They're airing it in the mornings at 6 and 6:30

That's gotta confuse kids who're only familiar with TTG.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I can't wait for angry posts about how the new "ugly" "emo" Teen Titans is messing up the fun whacky Teen Titans.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if that'll calm people complaining about TTG or make them even angrier for sticking TT Classic in timeslot hell.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

TwoPair posted:

I wonder if that'll calm people complaining about TTG or make them even angrier for sticking TT Classic in timeslot hell.

I feel like complaining about TTG is their identity now.

(It's kind of funny because all the shows reviews showing up on Google Play are terrible because the haters upvote themselves, but the shows rating itself is very high because most people like it.)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
6/6:30 am may not be as terrible of a timeslot for CN as you'd think. That's when lots of kids are getting up and getting ready for school. I know when I was a kid I watched Zoids on Cartoon Network a lot in that timeslot.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
CN's doing a We Bare Bears bomb this week.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The only old TT episode they should air is the one with the Space Tofu.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

To paraphrase John Mulaney, "Is it possible to make someone happy to see Ben 10? Yes, but only if it's prefaced with an entire week of nothing but Teen Titans Go."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

6/6:30 am may not be as terrible of a timeslot for CN as you'd think. That's when lots of kids are getting up and getting ready for school. I know when I was a kid I watched Zoids on Cartoon Network a lot in that timeslot.

That's true I guess. My local WB affiliate back in the day played some old Batman cartoon that had Bat-Mite in it that I flipped by every day. Only the sound was muted and every day I wondered when, if ever, somebody at the station would notice.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

PhazonLink posted:

The only old TT episode they should air is the one with the Space Tofu.

TTG remade that episode to be shorter and more entertaining, so not even that is necessary.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Waffleman_ posted:

To paraphrase John Mulaney, "Is it possible to make someone happy to see Ben 10? Yes, but only if it's prefaced with an entire week of nothing but Teen Titans Go."

When you think about it, the TTG marathon last week was pretty good since it got rid of Ben 10 for a while.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

raditts posted:

TTG remade that episode to be shorter and more entertaining, so not even that is necessary.

nah, it's a pretty soulless script recycling that doesn't really offer any new jokes or different takes on the premise

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Now the redub episode they did :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Now the redub episode they did :discourse:

Which episode got redubbed?