Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm happy it's good and all but it's still a little bit sad to me that an old series like Dragon Quest has a Minecraft-clone game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Final Fantasy has a ton of spin off games. I mean, so does Mario for that matter

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm surprised it took this long for an established developer to even attempt a Minecraft clone with actual gameplay.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Final Fantasy has a ton of spin off games. I mean, so does Mario for that matter

I want a Sonic Minecraft game now just for comedy purposes.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Has anyone tried the Mayflash adapter that lets you use Wii U Pro / X360 / Xbone / PS4 controllers on the Switch yet? I just got mine in the mail today, gonna try it with everything but PS4 since I don't have a PS4.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

And, surprisingly, so does Dragon Quest!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Minecraft has never looked like my thing but the DQ aesthetics supporting a game an objective driven crafting game was quite fun to me.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

so it's Minecraft if Minecraft left early access and had actual combat mechanics?

No because DQB is the opposite of sandbox. You don't get time to build your solid gold castle because the game really wants you to focus on the story and quests. DQB1 actually had a separate sandbox mode but you unlocked blocks for it by playing the story.

More importantly the world in DQB1 was static and hand crafted so there were tons of neat dungeons and caves if you explored enough, hopefully DQB2 is the same. It was also the least grindy DQ game I played and that blew me away considering its influences

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Did I miss that dqb is coming to switch? The original or a new one?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

why isn't sonic mania on the coming soon on the eshop

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Did I miss that dqb is coming to switch? The original or a new one?

They're making a sequel for PS4 and Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-YCagr5Wus

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

raditts posted:

Has anyone tried the Mayflash adapter that lets you use Wii U Pro / X360 / Xbone / PS4 controllers on the Switch yet? I just got mine in the mail today, gonna try it with everything but PS4 since I don't have a PS4.

trip report: Works real good with the Wii U Pro, can finally play PPT without cursing loudly. Haven't tried Xbox controllers yet, but I expect they'll be equally good.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Oh sweet I didn't know that adapter was out yet. I got their adapter for the PC that lets you use your Wii U pro controller and it works great

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yeah, it's up on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07413R4HS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and of course now it's a lower price than I paid 3 days ago and also has prime shipping now. Serves me right for jumping on it early, gently caress.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

Yeah, it's up on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07413R4HS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and of course now it's a lower price than I paid 3 days ago and also has prime shipping now. Serves me right for jumping on it early, gently caress.

Any word on this also translating motion controls/gyro like the Brook converter is supposed to?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Manky posted:

Any word on this also translating motion controls/gyro like the Brook converter is supposed to?

No, no motion controls, I'm not even sure how that would work. Got a link to this Brook converter?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't have a link, I posted a video with a demonstration a couple pages ago though. It's from a British guy so maybe it's just a European product.

To get motion to work was just a firmware update to the dongle.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

No, no motion controls, I'm not even sure how that would work. Got a link to this Brook converter?

It's up on Amazon but not in stock. Al posted this a couple pages ago:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Brook has updated the firmware for their PS4 to WiiU adapter, so now when plugged into a Switch the full range of analog control will work, as well as the motion control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yJ9J3m_lLI

Still wired, but a great alternative if you've got a PS4 controller.

Also the 360 and Xbox One controllers have their analog sticks work perfectly now, although those do not have accelerometers.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope DQB2 doesn't make you start from square one after each chapter again. That was always annoying. Just let me find the next town for the chapter.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Manky posted:

It's up on Amazon but not in stock. Al posted this a couple pages ago:

Oh, yeah. The PS4 controllers have gyroscopes so motion control would work with that adapter, but none of the others will. Couldn't tell you with this one since I don't have a PS4 controller to test with, but I don't see anything about it on the box or in the documentation.

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 7, 2017

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I have a 5hr flight coming up next weekend and I'll probably bring my Switch. I don't really want to carry two chargers so I'm hoping that if my MBP's USB-C charger can charge a beefy laptop it will do well with the Switch. Should be good, right?

I'll just need to Amazon a stand if that's the case.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Martytoof posted:

I have a 5hr flight coming up next weekend and I'll probably bring my Switch. I don't really want to carry two chargers so I'm hoping that if my MBP's USB-C charger can charge a beefy laptop it will do well with the Switch. Should be good, right?

I'll just need to Amazon a stand if that's the case.

It should, it has more than enough amperage.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That's what I figured. It's at the office so I can't test right now but I didn't know if I should immediately rule it out and pick up something switch-specific. Es bueno!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Quick question

I travel a lot for work and my switch has been a godsend. I'm currently taking the cable that came with my pro controller plugged into the end from an iPhone charger to charge it but it's very slow.

Would it be better to get one of the real chargers from Nintendo? Just want to get a charge faster.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So if seems like there has been a big first party game each month, more or less.

Is there one for September?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

probably fire emblem warriors?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLB-cCVwPJ0

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I love that trailer is more insufferable than the switch reveal and singlehandedly hand waves the 3DS as "the child's system".

e: also to imply pokken is an adult game for adults.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

a.lo posted:

probably fire emblem warriors?

I hope so, because Mario is coming in October and I don't think it'll come as late as November.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

iajanus posted:

Quick question

I travel a lot for work and my switch has been a godsend. I'm currently taking the cable that came with my pro controller plugged into the end from an iPhone charger to charge it but it's very slow.

Would it be better to get one of the real chargers from Nintendo? Just want to get a charge faster.

Probably better to spend the 30 bucks and have it for the next 3+ years so it plain works

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm happy it's good and all but it's still a little bit sad to me that an old series like Dragon Quest has a Minecraft-clone game.

Wtf get educated about dq please its got a million spin offs

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

iajanus posted:

Quick question

Yeah, iPhone chargers are way lower spec than the switch wall charger.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

you don't need to buy a switch charger, it comes with one in the box

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

you don't need to buy a switch charger, it comes with one in the box

Not many of us are willing to reach behind our entertainment centers all the time...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Besides tower and rainmaker are there other ranked modes in splatoon?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Real hurthling! posted:

Besides tower and rainmaker are there other ranked modes in splatoon?
Splatzone?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah, I travel for work about 50% of the year for 4 days at a time and the annoyance factor in having to pull the cable out from behind the entertainment unit every time is far greater than just buying a second charger.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rocket Slime when?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sakurazuka posted:

Rocket Slime when?
Did someone say Rocket Fist??

Oh, sorry. You didn't.

Also Severed, a first person dungeon crawler with touch controls is now available on the eShop in PAL Regions. It's €14.99/£13.49.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/894828611185889280

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I didn't say rocket fist but I did say rocket league.

Rocket league when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I didn't say rocket fist but I did say rocket league.

Rocket league when
"Holiday 2017".

• Locked thread