Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

The Bloop posted:

I feel like this sort of abuse of the report system is going to kill the report system. Like if Nintendo gets a zillion reports for things you merely don't like rather than actual rating-inappropriate material they might rethink how it works.

I want to report anyone who makes a terrible low-effort two second drawing or just some shaky text, personally.

If they gave me a 'no thank you' button, I'd use it. But they don't. So I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

dragon enthusiast posted:

so i just discovered that you can continue shooting maws while in the middle of being eaten by him/her

I actually got the finishing blow with some desperation shots on an already-damage Maws that was about to eat me. I lived, too. It was pretty awesome.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

Here's when you can blame your tram for losing : when some idiot brings a charger to rainmaker

lol what the gently caress. You literally know where the enemy team is going to go, and have range to intercept them.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

A sniper with the right vantage point is really effective at stopping the enemy rainmaker-carrier in their tracks, and they're the handiest pathmakers when your team has it. I've never ever resented having one on the team in that mode.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Damnit, I've seen three different squids in the plaza today wearing the same matcha-down-jacket/blue-moto-boots combo I am. M-my fresh style... :negative:

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

a cock shaped fruit posted:

If they gave me a 'no thank you' button, I'd use it. But they don't. So I do.

Give us an Anti-Yeah option that isn't a full blown report.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I have suffered the most humiliating loss. Losing a 4v3. And the 3 completely stomped us. :negative:

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Dr. Fetus posted:

I have suffered the most humiliating loss. Losing a 4v3. And the 3 completely stomped us. :negative:

If its tower control this can happen.
This mode is nuts and it switches between being my favorite and least-favorite depending on the direction of the wind.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Feels good when you win a 3v4 match

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

The Gorp posted:

Revamp to Fresh! and Dry! and Dry posts are hidden from you and might not even show up if they are too Dry.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

3AM, almost to S rank in tower control > Face turbo speeding japanese players who strafe at the speed of swim speed up +1.

Done.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

The Gorp posted:

Yeah
Nah

...Works for me.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Nah yeah and
Yeah nah

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

lelandjs posted:

Also one dude kept one-shotting me with the Tentatek Splattershot which left me scratching my head because I'm pretty sure that the gun doesn't do enough damage to OHKO?

Man this poo poo happens to me all the time and it's always the splattershot. They just gotta tag me with one hit and bam I'm dead.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I'm not very good at ranked mode. I've been using the N-Zap, but what are the good weapon picks for ranked?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

N-Zap, Tri-bucket, and octobrush are all solid, easy to use choices.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hey how do I get these?

http://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/splatoon/lineup/1701bukiCollection01/

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Live in Japan or know how to read/write Japanese.
The link you gave is sold out anyway.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Outside from Japan, the most convenient option is to use hobbyist sites that ship overseas. If they haven't sold them out in the first place...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Maybe try HobbyLink Japan.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gonna get me a tiny splatterscope.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

lelandjs posted:

Also I double checked my stats for the night and I went 11/6. So tonight wasn't actually as bad as I thought it was after all, and I shouldn't be taking the "get gud"s as personally as I am because, well, a 64% win rate is... well, not great, but not bad either.

Just so you know, a 64% win rate is actually really high.

Over only 17 games it's not accurate, so it doesn't matter, but a sustained win rate of over 55% is pretty good and 60% and higher is really good. 65% is when you get to the point of worrying about poor matchmaking or just being too good and not having enough people of a similar skill level to go up against.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

No .96 Gal?

Let them keep it

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Tekopo posted:

I had issues with motion control when I was trying to play with the joycons, even when using the grip (for some reason). Once I got the pro controller though, I can't imagine playing without motion controls. They seriously do help you control your aim.

At least with the joycons, the way I do it is I keep the joycons separate.

a) Keep left joycon stationary.
b) Aim using motion controls of right joycon
c) Turn the sensitivity of stick turning way up, and aiming slightly up.

If you do it right, you should be able to reasonably change your aim horizontally just using the motion controls about a field of view or so.

At least my problem with the default controls is that out of the box, it's somewhat difficult to change your aim horizontally, so I was just making use of the vertical motion controls combined with using the stick horizontally to aim - even with motion controls turned up to full, I found that using the joycon controller in the dock, I wasn't really getting a lot of play horizontally. I've gotten the seperate joycons to the point where it feels like I'm pointing a laser pointer at a powerpoint presentation to aim - just have to remember to rotate using the stick.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

We sell/sold these at my local (Australian) EB Games.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLDxIuhhJg

How many subs is it to a Main? 3 subs to a main?
I think I'll want to go for a Turf War loadout:
Last Ditch Effort
Respawn Punisher :getin: or Ninja Squid if I ever learn how to use it properly
Ink Res
with 3x Ink Res and either 6x Ink Saver(main) or 3x Ink Saver and 3x Bomb Res

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Despite what I want for my gear, Ink Resistance and Run Speed seem absolutely vital for Rainmaker and Tower Control.
Gotta get lucky at Grizzco or wait for the next Splatfest to have the chunks for em.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zeruel posted:

If it's like Splatoon 1 then each main is worth 10 points and each sub is worth 3 points, so 3 subs is almost the same as one main.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

lelandjs posted:

You know, I just spent some time going through the #SplatNet2 hashtag on Twitter and I was reminded that goons are just significantly better at videogames compared to most players which makes it really frustrating when I see how well seemingly everyone else in the thread is doing. poo poo, on Twitter there are people winning B rank games using the N-Zap and scoring 500-600 (and that's not even the lowest score on their team)!

Also I double checked my stats for the night and I went 11/6. So tonight wasn't actually as bad as I thought it was after all, and I shouldn't be taking the "get gud"s as personally as I am because, well, a 64% win rate is... well, not great, but not bad either.

Sorry for the angry posting tonight.

I was about to post pictures in response to your challenge. I guess I'm not backing out of this NOW, so...

You're right that goons tend to be better at games in general, though. And since they play together a lot, their improvement at the game happens at a much quicker pace.

As for people being bad: Sometimes your team just doesn't want to win the video game. In those cases, you have no choice but to drag them kicking and screaming across the finish line.

Bonus picture of my adventures in lowbie ranks:

SHUN GOKU SPLATSU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Zeruel posted:

We sell/sold these at my local (Australian) EB Games.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLDxIuhhJg

I think I'll want to go for a Turf War loadout:
Last Ditch Effort
Respawn Punisher :getin: or Ninja Squid if I ever learn how to use it properly
Ink Res
with 3x Ink Res and either 6x Ink Saver(main) or 3x Ink Saver and 3x Bomb Res

While minmaxing is rather dubious in this game since I've reached A ranks just wearing random gear I want to scrub, do you really need a loadout for Turf War outside of LDE? TW feels super easy after a bunch of ranked matches

The generalist loadout I'm working on is going to be Comeback, Ninja Squid, Ink Resist Main for TC or Object Shredder for RM; 3x ink resist, run speed, and ink refill. Maybe if a bomb resist main white Yeezys pop up on splatnet but no way in hell I'm not wearing Yeezys

Maybe ink saver main instead of ink refill because I'm a Jet Squelcher person at this point

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 8, 2017

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Using the Trislosher at C rank just feels like cheating.
Suffer with me and embrace the Dynamo Roller.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

The Gorp posted:

I mained it since the day it came out in Splatoon 1. This is me in my natural element. Added bonus: Since I've spent so long bucketing I know how to counter other bucket users.

I could probably post up similar results with the nzap if I really wanted to. Currently sitting at 35 freshness with that thing.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Freshness is wonky as hell. I win 7 ranked games in a row but can't win a single turf war because my weapons of choice (Jet Squelcher/Dynamo) aren't effective there.
I still hit the top of the boards but it's not enough, though to be honest I would rather take my bad luck there.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Gorp posted:

Using it at A rank feels like cheating tbh

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Most of my tower control games so far at C rank involve all 3 of my teammates sitting on the tower and repeatedly all dying to the tri slosher while i attempt to flank and kill them before they can get there

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

The Gorp posted:

Freshness is wonky as hell. I win 7 ranked games in a row but can't win a single turf war because my weapons of choice (Jet Squelcher/Dynamo) aren't effective there.
I still hit the top of the boards but it's not enough, though to be honest I would rather take my bad luck there.

I want you to know, your choice of weapons makes you my mortal enemy.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I had not touched a brush ever in either Splatoon game until last night and holy poo poo this is exactly my jam. Running around at the speed of sound and ambushing bad guys rushing to the splat zone is great.

I was using the Octobrush, is the Paintbrush a quicker kill? I know it's smaller and has a little less range, what's the upside?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

I was using the Octobrush, is the Paintbrush a quicker kill? I know it's smaller and has a little less range, what's the upside?

You can get around really really fast but the Octobrush is super good and probably the other weapon that will be hit with a nerf along with the Tri-slosher whenever they get to it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just had a weird round where an enemy was seemingly impervious to my attacks. Twice I was able to sneak behind them and unload on them for several seconds before they just turned around and splatted me.

This happens quite a lot and I loving hate it because it's always invariably a loss.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Squelcher vs Slosher can go either way, I feel just as bad as you do if we meet at midrange.
If you ever want to make a Dynamo main regret their life choices use any set of dualies, vertical flick takes way too long to come out and can't track a dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Lakbay posted:

While minmaxing is rather dubious in this game since I've reached A ranks just wearing random gear I want to scrub, do you really need a loadout for Turf War outside of LDE? TW feels super easy after a bunch of ranked matches

The generalist loadout I'm working on is going to be Comeback, Ninja Squid, Ink Resist Main for TC or Object Shredder for RM; 3x ink resist, run speed, and ink refill. Maybe if a bomb resist main white Yeezys pop up on splatnet but no way in hell I'm not wearing Yeezys

Maybe ink saver main instead of ink refill because I'm a Jet Squelcher person at this point

I was going to come up with a bunch of other sets but as long as its not LDE for any of the ranked matches it should be fine.