Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh I forgot the "or don't."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

I used to think that people should never cop me anyway cause I post so drat much you should really be able to tell by endgame if I'm scum or not, save it for some inscrutable lurker

but lately my scum game is better so I can't blame them :buddy:

Always daycop Bif and MMT because they are both v tricksy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tpink posted:

Always daycop Bif and MMT because they are both v tricksy.

well she is my sister from another myster

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

:glomp:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

I think if Hats is town they'd find plot-NPC Ecco's death a lot more easily understandable.

##vote Hats

this is a serious vote, jokephase is over you're welcome

nope

that's my secret cap,

i'm always jokephase

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

very wise

Little Mac posted:

An asiina that wants to poo poo post pings me as weird. is this new meta?

drop your metas, drop your buffs, drop your pants

Bifauxnen posted:

this is the best post. bif wins joke phase

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Bifauxnen posted:

huh? are you talking to Hats? If he means it might be better to not go spilling all the town flavor he could be right, though. I still think it's weird that he saw that "many times over" death and thought, hmmm maybe it implies an especially murderous vigilante.

I hadn't even looked at that bit--it was the fact that the vig would have kicked the whole thing off unprompted, which is weird flavorwise. I'm going to shut up on the flavor stuff now, because Max is right that I shouldn't be dangling it.

For what it's worth, the fact that you're stopping to consider the consequences has pretty much put you in the town category as far as I'm concerned.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

peramene posted:

this is the best post. bif wins joke phase

##vote bif

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

An asiina that wants to poo poo post pings me as weird. is this new meta?

I am continually poo poo posting and serious posting.

It's just all posting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

u jelly?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Is there any particular reason people are seriously speculating about the n0 flavor death?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

Is there any particular reason people are seriously speculating about the n0 flavor death?

It's not usually scum :shrug:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

peramene posted:

who would you day cop and why

I would hit bif obvi because she is TOO TRICKSY

I'd probably cop someone like Jeabus. If he's town, we avoid the easy pushes onto him for doing newbie things. If he's scum, we avoid the easy pushes off of him because of his newness. Also, bonus, we aren't confirming someone super valuable to the game as town and signing their death warrant. (no offense intended here Jeabus)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Real talk, Jeabus opened with

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Hello, I'm town

I thought it was odd because I couldn't initially tell if I'm town. I'm definitely anti-scum but I couldn't confirm if I am part of the town "faction."

So I asked about the n0 flip which purports to show the demise of one of my enemies, but Jeabus didn't express an opinion on whether it was good and so I think they're ducking me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I would also vote Asiina for modding a gazillion games without knowing how votefinder works.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Lord of Hats posted:

I hadn't even looked at that bit--it was the fact that the vig would have kicked the whole thing off unprompted, which is weird flavorwise. I'm going to shut up on the flavor stuff now, because Max is right that I shouldn't be dangling it.

For what it's worth, the fact that you're stopping to consider the consequences has pretty much put you in the town category as far as I'm concerned.

oh poo poo look out folks he called me town haha

I can't actually figure out if you are actually implying n0 actions existed or not? Like I could understand questioning just the nature of the n0 plotpoint flavor, it is unusual to kick off a game of Mafia with an n0 plot death that's scum instead of town. But.... not really in this case, when you look at the flavor. I find it suss that you wouldn't notice that detail if you were thinking that much about it. Especially if you were town.

I think a lot of people just really really wanted that scum dead. An uninformed majority of people, as it were.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

I thought it was odd because I couldn't initially tell if I'm town. I'm definitely anti-scum but I couldn't confirm if I am part of the town "faction."

So I asked about the n0 flip which purports to show the demise of one of my enemies, but Jeabus didn't express an opinion on whether it was good and so I think they're ducking me.

Yeah, no, I'm totally on board for the same reason.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Ninth Layer posted:

To avoid contributing real content?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Birdstrike posted:

Yeah, once you pointed it out, this is something I saw as well.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

sweet, you get me Birb

I mean you always do but like extra this time

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I actually wouldn't vote Hats

yet

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Birdstrike posted:

His first bit didn't twinge me, but I totally see what your talking about in regards of the push. This is solid.

Bifauxnen posted:

I can't actually figure out if you are actually implying n0 actions existed or not? Like I could understand questioning just the nature of the n0 plotpoint flavor, it is unusual to kick off a game of Mafia with an n0 plot death that's scum instead of town. But.... not really in this case, when you look at the flavor. I find it suss that you wouldn't notice that detail if you were thinking that much about it. Especially if you were town.

I think a lot of people just really really wanted that scum dead. An uninformed majority of people, as it were.

This is also really good, especially because of how Pod emphasized how important flavor is.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

cause even known shitposter Birdstrike is already generating mad leads from it from nearly the start of D1, I am truly impressed

so Birb you're thinking Jeabus over Hats at least for now? I think you have a point

##vote Jeabus

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Birdstrike posted:

nope

that's my secret cap,

i'm always jokephase

Lololol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I like Bif's case work, and while I think spending a lot of time talking about the flavor kill is a waste of time, there is enough oddness with this that I think she's on to something here.

Hats are you awkward new to scum, be honest

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw Birb I'd also include TMMadman as an outlier suspect in our flavor hunt, very low suspicion right now though cause I can't blame him for not getting some nerdy reference

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Ok. so I guess we're serious now

##unvote

On the n0 death front, I think it's interesting that the NPC was vanilla, and it was his shine role was untouchable godfather.

I agree that hat's take on it was a bit awkward

Birdstrike posted:

This is also a good point.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Hats played one of my all-time favorite scum games of any player ever. :catholic:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Quidthulhu posted:

I like Bif's case work, and while I think spending a lot of time talking about the flavor kill is a waste of time, there is enough oddness with this that I think she's on to something here.

Not to get too far up analyzing my own meta, but I'm actually less awkward as scum because I feel less self-conscious about falling in with other peoples' leads; it's a very different set of calculations. I feel like I did pretty well in the Conquest of Qal, at least.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Bif I don't think there's anything notable in what TMM has said other than it's not much, and he can be - is ? Normally a lot chattier

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Also this post feels super awkward to me - like it's a whole lot of words to say "me too".

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Bif I don't think there's anything notable in what TMM has said other than it's not much, and he can be - is ? Normally a lot chattier

I have changed my style a lot since I haven't been playing a lot. I'd like to think I've moved from being vocal on D1 to reading it fully but engaging with it fairly lightly and then upping my participation as the days move forward.

It's much less stressful this way, unless I make it all the way to the end. HAAAAAAL! :argh:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I think this is right:

##vote MMT

She hasn't poked me yet at all and that is usually one of the first things she does when I'm in a game. Combined with what I feel is labored reasoning to vote Asiina, I think this is a good vote.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mmt has not owned me yet so she cannot be scum

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

##vote MMT

She hasn't poked me yet at all and that is usually one of the first things she does when I'm in a game. Combined with what I feel is labored reasoning to vote Asiina, I think this is a good vote.

Ok but how do you feel about Jeabus?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

For what it's worth I had no trouble at all figuring out I was town even with the strange alignment name, so I'm not crazy about this case.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

TMMadman posted:

##vote MMT

I don't see this at all? What do you think about Hats and Jeabus?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

For what it's worth I had no trouble at all figuring out I was town even with the strange alignment name, so I'm not crazy about this case.

Hmmmm I will say that I DID have trouble knowing that at first, but it's something that may differ between role PMs and also might depend on how closely you had been reading Pods flavor posts.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

##vote MMT

Bad meta argument.

##vote TMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmmm I will say that I DID have trouble knowing that at first, but it's something that may differ between role PMs and also might depend on how closely you had been reading Pods flavor posts.

I think the win condition makes it pretty clear, although come to think of it I don't know how experienced Jeabus is and I wouldn't expect a new player to pick up on that.

• Locked thread