Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Bloop posted:

Good point. Never thought about that.

and man a raindrop is BIG to a Pikmin!

Their leaves are natural umbrellas.

gently caress I want another Pikmin so bad :(

lelandjs posted:

I think Blizzard got it right with Hanzo, he's a sniper with a relatively low skill level so the snipebros can play a sniper but actually contribute to the team at the same time.

The real solution would be to not make any chargers available until, say, level 15, but it's too late for that now.

Hanzo is one of the reasons I quit Overwatch. He was useless on every team so Blizzard gave him arrow hitboxes the size of logs. Except peoples till didn't know how to contribute as him so Hanzo was still useless, but now you got to enjoy randomly getting one-shot by a massive arrow you couldn't see coming. So then Blizzard took away his huge hitboxes, and Hanzo went back to being useless. And then in another patch they gave him back the massive hitboxes again and around that time I realized Blizzard had no loving idea how to balance their game.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lakbay posted:

I'm going to play Splatoon 2 for several hundreds of hours

Same here. In fact I'm going to play right now

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

tap my mountain posted:

Well yeah that's the point of the weapon. It's meant for tossing ink onto/from/over ledges.

yes but being able to do that while also still being able to do all the things that make other weapons good means it is a very good weapon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Their leaves are natural umbrellas.

gently caress I want another Pikmin so bad :(

They're making Pikmin 4 for Switch, it was announced a while ago.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Yeah I recall it was stated the new Pikmin was almost done even before the Switch released. I'm expecting its being held back so Nintendo can keep doing this "one awesome game" a month thing which so far has been amazing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

In Training posted:

They're making Pikmin 4 for Switch, it was announced a while ago.

There's also the upcoming 3DS game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

There's also the upcoming 3DS game

That came out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got all the stat bonuses I want but now my Squid kid looks like a college low life so I may have to switch to the boy squid with man bun

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh awesome! I made it to C+! Time to—

Oh. Ok.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Try switching weapons. Switching weapons usually cures my losing streaks.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Playing a different video game or taking a break usually makes my losing streaks go away

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

Try switching weapons. Switching weapons usually cures my losing streaks.

Well I’ll be damned, that worked. Thank you!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So close to the SSS...

But it's a long journey ahead of me

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jeez game, I'm not that evil for using the sploosh-o-matic in turf war.

Lakbay posted:

Playing a different video game or taking a break usually makes my losing streaks go away

No I have to keep playing until I win

*tilts into the trash can*

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I rage through my losing streaks, doubting all I have done with my life in those moments and wishing for the deaths of everyone on the other team.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Is there a p90 hero skin for the tentatek splattershot or is that just for the default kit?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Finally made it to S rank. Now to go for S+ :black101:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Bean posted:

(I'll allow Team Cat to be salty all these years later. That was family we were defending.)

Callie :cry:

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Cats won in EU/OCE.

Lobstertainment posted:

Is there a p90 hero skin for the tentatek splattershot or is that just for the default kit?

Just the default kit.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah I recall it was stated the new Pikmin was almost done even before the Switch released. I'm expecting its being held back so Nintendo can keep doing this "one awesome game" a month thing which so far has been amazing

Probably was the good move releasing Arms when they did. I immediately bought it up because it was the first original game out for the Switch that seemed interesting. Now I'm like gently caress that game, gimme Splatoon 2

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Blank Construct posted:

Just the default kit.

Oh, that's a shame.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I love that the tentatek splattershot just looks like a regular splattershot with a sweatband on it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:staredog: and this wasn't even with a ticket, just pure luck

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't even get two of the same sub ability on gear with a drink ticket :negative:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

:staredog: and this wasn't even with a ticket, just pure luck

:mad:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One thing they should have added was a transmutation option with shells to take the main ability+all current subs and slap it into a different look. Because I don't really like the soccer jersey but drat that's a sick piece of bonuses

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

In Training posted:

One thing they should have added was a transmutation option with shells to take the main ability+all current subs and slap it into a different look. Because I don't really like the soccer jersey but drat that's a sick piece of bonuses

Too bad, you're a football hooligan now

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

In Training posted:

Anyone who uses gear they don't like just for stats is playing wrong. Fashion is the most important part of the game (unless you're farming chunks).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Anyone who uses gear they don't like just for stats is playing wrong. Fashion is the most important part of the game (unless you're farming chunks).

I was trying to farm special up with it :(

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

lelandjs posted:

I double dog dare any of the goons here who are saying git gud to create a smurf account and slum it down in C rank for a bit and then still come back saying "the problem is 100% you"

Because it's not. It was easy for you to rise because you got the game release day, poopsocked it to level 10, played through C and B with other poopsockers like yourself who know how to play the game because you all poured 100+ into Splatoon 1. Meanwhile, the players who were/are bad at the game that were at C when you spend through ranked are still down here in C, making GBS threads it up for the rest of us who took our time getting to level 10.

Challenge accepted! I'll have to grind out to level 10 first but I'll get right on it. Is it fine to just get out of C in any one mode or do I need to do all three?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Frankston posted:

Finally made it to S rank. Now to go for S+ :black101:

Fair warning, the queues and matchmaking SUCK at S due to smaller playerbase. I have basically stopped ranked and just hosed around in salmon and turf for the past week and am hoping the matchmaking has gotten better (or just isolate my ranked time to primetime).

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't wait to play Salmon Run and get a bunch of drink tickets I don't want rather than the ones I need again.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I can't wait to play Salmon Run and get a bunch of drink tickets I don't want rather than the ones I need again.

50% gain on gear XP is still worth it, the odds of getting what you were actually going for aren't reduced much.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
lol if you didn't farm 99x of each drink ticket before they patched it out.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
you could only farm the exp and money food tickets not the skill drink tickets that they're talking about

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Also related, I think the game knows I did this and is now punishing me for it. (I'll give you one guess at to which ability I desperately want to get on my gear)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

absolutely anything posted:

you could only farm the exp and money food tickets not the skill drink tickets that they're talking about
I'm dumb and can't read words and only saw the 1.5x part of the post.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Started grinding my smurf from level 1. I'm not really a gun user but I've just been using the splattershot jr. so far because why not. Won every single one of my games so far and have double digit splats in most of them. Once I get to level 10 we'll see how C goes, by then I will have switched to a weapon that's a little more comfortable for me.

edit: Since a lot of people jumped on me I'd like to clarify that I'm only doing this in response to a challenge to prove ELO hell isn't a thing and that if I could skip grinding 10 levels of turf war I would, and also that this isn't a brag but rather meant to reinforce my point that it isn't hard to win even with weak players on your team if you really are personally better than the average players around you.

Nep-Nep fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 8, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

grand theft grotto posted:

Started grinding my smurf from level 1. I'm not really a gun user but I've just been using the splattershot jr. so far because why not. Won every single one of my games so far and have double digit splats in most of them. Once I get to level 10 we'll see how C goes, by then I will have switched to a weapon that's a little more comfortable for me.

Splattershot Jr is completely capable of carrying hard with effective coverage, up close kills, and the best special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nephzinho posted:

Splattershot Jr is completely capable of carrying hard with effective coverage, up close kills, and the best special.

Definitely agree! One thing I like about Splatoon is that you can contribute and make it far without even ever changing your weapon as long as you play well.