Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stemmler
May 17, 2004

We got our first orange kitten yesterday. Henry is about 13 weeks old.

And after he was home for 15 min our other cat decided to see what the little fuzzy thing is.

He still isn't sure about the kitten but the kitten wants to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Not a baby gator, just a lizard. Cat is still impressive, though!

Awrrrrr that baby. :kimchi:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Kittens are awesome, with their oversized paws and ears.

Then there's this guy

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Macro combining two of his favourite things, sunbathing and guard duty

I couldn't correct the weird colours enough, phone camera + flash to cut the glare. Looks like something from the '60s :D

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Stemmler posted:

We got our first orange kitten yesterday. Henry is about 13 weeks old.

And after he was home for 15 min our other cat decided to see what the little fuzzy thing is.

He still isn't sure about the kitten but the kitten wants to play.

did they give you any ointment or instructions for his eyes? his right side looks a bit off. he's beautiful though :3:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

He's really giving Butterscotch and my Norris a run for the "cat experiencing most constant existential dread" throne.

Stemmler
May 17, 2004

cat_herder posted:

did they give you any ointment or instructions for his eyes? his right side looks a bit off. he's beautiful though :3:

When they dropped him off they gave us some antibiotics for his eye. they said it had some goop in it that morning. We were going to take him to our vet anyway so we will have them look at it too.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Update on the ongoing saga of DB Cooper and Susan Papaya. I leave for one week, letting one of my friends swing by and feed them a few times a day, scoop litter, etc.

I return and this is what I get, whenever I turn my back:

What was once a burning hatred of the kitten has turned into begrudging friendship for DB, replaced with a burning hatred of me that Susan, for no reason I can fathom, also shares. They still demand food at regular intervals.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Do orange tabs count? Cause either way he's adorable
E: Phone pic messed up. Actually sized pic.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 30, 2017

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
I poked her until she woke up. Rosie is not pleased.

Bruce Boxlicker fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 29, 2017

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

ChaseSP posted:

Do orange tabs count? Cause either way he's adorable

he looks beautiful and also very very small.

I'm sorry about your buttfaces, Zodiac5000. :(

Rosie, how are you so cute??

That's good, Stemmler. I hope everything checks out ok for him. He's so cute and sad! I just want to kiss his nose.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Orange, enhance!

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Still fightin' the good fight.

No diaper, fresh from a bath.

Dude does not know or care that he is special needs.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Meet Charlie!

I just brought this cutie home from the shelter on Friday :3: He's supposedly 2.5 months, and was brought in as a stray. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH! He's very smart and energetic - it's been a long time since I've had a kitten, so it's almost like a new experience :ohdear: I confess that I chose him at least partially because of you guys and your insistence that orange boys = best boys :kimchi:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

That is a cute widdle ginger:3 He will chew EVERYTHING, mine still does at nearly 5yo

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

ewe2 posted:

That is a cute widdle ginger:3 He will chew EVERYTHING, mine still does at nearly 5yo

my big orange bruiser, Fat Newton would like to agree...but change that to gum everything cos he got stomatitis and lost most of his toofs :(

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

ewe2 posted:

Orange, enhance!

This cat deserves some treats, ASAP.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

I poked her until she woke up. Rosie is not pleased.

I'm not pleased either. Kind of hope Rosie scratches you, not too much that there is blood, but enough so you learn an important lesson.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

CoolCat posted:

This cat deserves some treats, ASAP.

He gets sardines every day, starts meowing for them 2hrs in advance :D

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

ewe2 posted:

He gets sardines every day, starts meowing for them 2hrs in advance :D

This is excellent and proper treatment of an orange cat.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

BTW he steals my chair so I have to pick him up, he's a clever kitty who wants his cuddles.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

CoolCat posted:

I'm not pleased either. Kind of hope Rosie scratches you, not too much that there is blood, but enough so you learn an important lesson.

yea well i hope you get eaten by a tiger, stupidface

deal with it, my kitty loves me

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
This lovely lady/gentleman is my friend. I hang out with him in front of the dry-cleaning place every once in a while. :3:

stevewm
May 10, 2005
My orangish cat... Shaggy.

Here he is a little over a year ago as a kitten. (Picture helpfully dated by clock in the background)

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

what a magnificent fluffbeast :3: is the belly a trap?

stevewm
May 10, 2005

cat_herder posted:

what a magnificent fluffbeast :3: is the belly a trap?

Sometimes....

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Hey guys...give your magnificent orange beasts a hug from me please.

We lost our orange and white fluffbutt Newton from a saddle thrombus a few weeks back and it's hitting us hard atm :( It's just not the same without our SmugCat around! I'll try and post a pic if I can figure out how...

Give them loves from some orange-catless internet strangers :)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Take it from someone who's lost a lot of dogs over the years, the ache only really goes away when you get back on the horse.

It won't be the one you lost but it'll be the one you get.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

Take it from someone who's lost a lot of dogs over the years, the ache only really goes away when you get back on the horse.

It won't be the one you lost but it'll be the one you get.

oh we have lost so many pets over my lifetime...I know the routine :) ATM sadly, I am looking at our memorial shelf, and there are 7 little jars/boxes on it with their little pawprints. We are down to 4 cats now, and its a good number. It just seems strange to not have our big orange dude with us, but as always happens with us....we will run into the one who needs us and that we need in our lives in the future. Might be a few days..maybe a few months or longer...but we always end up finding each other lol We are cat magnets for kitties with no homes, you see. For some reason, they all come to us and we either find their homes, or find them a home, or we end up seeing we were meant to be and we end up with another cat.

I'm lucky with my husband...he is a crazy cat man :) So if either of us ends up with the "surprise" kitten/cat showing up at work or under a car or something, then we both know its all good to the other person.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
We have 1-1/2 orange kitties.

Donnie is (according to the rescue) 7 years old, we've had him since this past spring. Our intention was to get a big heavy cat for our ADHD/ODD son to snuggle when he's having meltdowns. Scored on half of that, he's definitely big and heavy. Pushing 20lbs but he's not fat, he's just a big goddamn cat.

He also likes to snuggle me by coming up on my chest for head pets, then turning around and plopping his rear end on my face.

He also falls asleep with his head up, and if you scratch his chin he won't wake up, but will still tilt his head back, leading to him getting stuck like this:

We're not sure why anyone would have given him up, he's the friendliest drat cat ever next to our full orange fluffball. He's never hissed at anyone, never bitten or scratched anyone, and will put up with absolutely anything for pets. As close as we can figure, he got given up becasue he has stomatites. We had to get 7 teeth pulled after his first vet checkup. Which has let to him kindof hilariously having problems keeping his tongue in his mouth while he's sleeping:

OJ was a rescue from a feral colony outside the apartment we rented before we got married. Momma had 4 kittens in the spring of 2005, and we started feeding them on our front porch. We managed to get two of them inside when they were under 6 months old, had them neutered, and planned to adopt them out. His brother Billie died the day he went to his new owners, two days after his neuter, and my wife was so upset that we decided to keep OJ.

Best decision ever.

He is the friendliest cat I have ever met. He never runs and hides when company comes over, he greets everyone at the top of the stairs. He knows when someone isn't a cat person and will incessantly rub on their legs until he gets pets. When we had our son in 2007 and our daughter in 2011, he would follow us around meowing when they were crying to make sure we were taking care of the babies, and would bathe their heads and snuggle in their cribs and baby swings. Every night, he follows my daughter to bed and lays with her until she's asleep, then follows my son to bed and lays with him until he's asleep (I had to built a set of 6' ladder steps for him to get into the IKEA loft bed, otherwise he'd sit at the bottom of the ladder and scream), then comes in our room in his "spot" in our bed.

Getting read to:

In his spot:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Thank you for taking on Donnie's medical challenges. He looks like such a lovable guy. :kimchi: I'm from Pittsburgh and can't not read his name in our local accent...

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
This is Ace.

This is also Ace.

This is me trying to capture Ace’s majesty

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I haven't posted an Oscar picture here in a while, so here he is in his most preferred habitat; on top of the couch.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Finally getting of my rear end and uploading some pics. Rex is the buff one, Punkin the foofy.

https://imgur.com/a/U978I

Rex loves laundry. I have better pics of punkin saved from old phones...maybe I'll get to them later. She doesn't really like being as close to him as she is in the comforter shot, she was startled to find out he was within a few feet.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

So... whats up with them belly rubs?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
sleeping normal is for suckers

unless it's sleeping with mom in the sun

accidentally shelving herself

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 18, 2018

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

pastor of muppets posted:

Beemo:

Beemo loves foster kittens :3:

...but when foster kittens aren't available, he loves Shoes, too.

So you remember Beemo, my sister's foster kitten-loving orange cat?

She had a baby last month, and, well....

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Beemo is a good kitty :3:

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Oh no no, this simply will not do!
We adopted this six month old little charmer. He's adorable and already acts like he owns the place (took him all of 5 minutes). Meet Canelitto:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Look at those ear tufts. Dang!