Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

shs posted:

Yeah, that's it for now.

Thanks to everyone who tried it out. I don't when the real release will be, but I'll post here when it happens. Expect to see a bunch of incremental improvements. I'll also give everyone free premium currency and maybe something more.

The highest level someone reached was 67.Whoever you are, you won the thing.

You couldn't let it run for a bit longer for them to hit lvl 69? Pshaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

GrossMurpel posted:

You sure it's R15? On R16 you get research which makes vanilla factions better late in the reincarnation.

Nope, for sure R15, but I think I figured it out; I think it was telling me something about the things like the Training Grounds Quest for the Elves, the ones that disappear if you pick up Dwarves or Drow.

e; wait does the R number show what you're currently on, or the one you'll advance to next time? Because I... might be a dipshit :downs:

e2; hahaha welp I realized I could mouse over my Reincarnation Power upgrade and see that I'm on R16. I am in fact a moron and have spent the entire time I've played this game thinking I'm one R behind where I am!

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 8, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You're in R16. The unique buildings are what unlock research.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i have cast Tax Collection 280 million times this reincarnation

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Sindai posted:

You're in R16. The unique buildings are what unlock research.

Thanks, I figured it out exactly as you posted, chalk me up as an idiot!

Captain Foo posted:

i have cast Tax Collection 280 million times this reincarnation

Good gracious. I thought the run where I cast it like 2 million times was good. What R are you on?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mister Adequate posted:

Thanks, I figured it out exactly as you posted, chalk me up as an idiot!

Good gracious. I thought the run where I cast it like 2 million times was good. What R are you on?

75 and just activated merc research but i'm in the paradigm stall where i can't actually seem to get much production out of it yet...

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

So after unlocking Prestige Research in RG I blasted through a couple of Rs in mere hours (:black101: ) but I noticed a lot of researches are still locked. Most of these have ridiculous requirements like 'have 4h of Diamond Pickaxe spell time' and 'have 3250 excavations'. When is the best time to grind these out?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Merijn posted:

So after unlocking Prestige Research in RG I blasted through a couple of Rs in mere hours (:black101: ) but I noticed a lot of researches are still locked. Most of these have ridiculous requirements like 'have 4h of Diamond Pickaxe spell time' and 'have 3250 excavations'. When is the best time to grind these out?

In the grand scheme of ridiculous RG time gates, 4 hours of a single spell activity time is downright tame. You can just leave that autocasting while you're at work/school, sleeping, or (at least to some extent) off being sociable. Sure, it's not something you can sit down and grind out in 10 minutes, but time gate unlocks by definition are not the sort of thing you work on during your active play time.

The excavation one you'll want to leave for a few Rs. Even with E290 and a good production build it won't be affordable until you have more gems than you need to reincarnate, for a few Rs after it's first available, so you might as well just keep reincarnating until you don't have to effectively grind past the end of your R to get it. Try at the end of each R with a production build including E290 and you'll eventually have high enough gems to get it.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I just unlocked vanilla research at R16. How do I make it more useful? Should I do a few more reincarnations? I feel like I'm not getting enough gold to actually properly research, even though I've unlocked all the branches.

What should I be focusing on? Any tips for doing research this early? I still haven't really figured it out.

TL;DR link to a detailed guide: http://musicfamily.org/realm/R16Guide/

First step is unlocking the branches themselves. Second step is leveling them up (clicking on the big button for each branch on the research screen) to make the actual individual research upgrades appear as things you can work on unlocking. For example, once you've leveled a branch up once, a smaller button with an individual research upgrade and the number 1 will appear next to it. When you get to 10 times, another button with the number 10 will appear, and so on.

In every R after R16, the process is basically "grind gems until high, rapidly boost the branches' level until they hit their new cap, then work on individual unlocks for any of the researches that showed up as a result".

Boosting the branches' level is also called spending or raising "RP" for Research Points. Either way when you mouse over the giant button and it says, say, 12/136, it's raising it to 13/136, 14/136, and so on with the ultimate goal being capping it out at 136/136, then 153/153 at R17, 171/171 at R18, and so on. The cap raises (by R) as you reincarnate, e.g. going from R16 to R17 it's +17 points.

But in R16 itself, actually raising RP to do the leveling of the branches is non-trivial because you don't have the researches themselves yet to give you crazy coin and faction coin production to make RP easy. So yes, that part's going to be tougher for you at this particular time, but reincarnating more (without actually proceeding with the research unlocks) is not going to make it meaningfully easier, and you're at the tail end of how far mercenaries can carry you.

That said, be sure you've grinded your gems up to about where mercs peter out, before you dig too heavily into research. I'd say e68 as a bare minimum, and more in the e70~e72 range would make things a lot easier on you. Otherwise, the R16 process is basically going to be "raise RP as much as you can, unlock the researches that became available when you did so, use them for a boost to help you afford raising RP further, repeat".

Once RP is maxed out, then you work your way through all the individual research unlocks (some are fast, some are easy but unavoidably time-consuming, some are just a pain) that still remain, and after that you've got this lovely crazy powerful assortment of upgrades to use every R thereafter since you only have to do the unlocks once. R16 is also the slowest R for research unlocks overall, just because you've got to unlock everything from scratch. In most Rs after that, there'll only be a few new researches per R and many of them are fairly quick to unlock.

Vil fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 8, 2017

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

also please please please note that the BUY ALL button on the research screen mashes the big research buttons as many times as possible to up your RPs so you don't have to individually click 100+ times, I went through 50-odd Rs before figuring that out somehow

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Captain Foo posted:

also please please please note that the BUY ALL button on the research screen mashes the big research buttons as many times as possible to up your RPs so you don't have to individually click 100+ times, I went through 50-odd Rs before figuring that out somehow

... oh

I was wondering why that buy all button was there since you have to individually choose researches. :downs:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I originally thought it equivalent to re-importing your template

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Vil posted:

In the grand scheme of ridiculous RG time gates, 4 hours of a single spell activity time is downright tame. You can just leave that autocasting while you're at work/school, sleeping, or (at least to some extent) off being sociable. Sure, it's not something you can sit down and grind out in 10 minutes, but time gate unlocks by definition are not the sort of thing you work on during your active play time.

The excavation one you'll want to leave for a few Rs. Even with E290 and a good production build it won't be affordable until you have more gems than you need to reincarnate, for a few Rs after it's first available, so you might as well just keep reincarnating until you don't have to effectively grind past the end of your R to get it. Try at the end of each R with a production build including E290 and you'll eventually have high enough gems to get it.

Thanks, I guess offline is the magic bullet for that. I'm having a lot of fun working my way through Rs now, though things seem to slow down again at R32. And yeah E290 is great but it's not magic. That one will have to wait.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Later on there's a "have 10 days of hellfire blast uptime this abdication" requirement. 4h is nothing.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Vil posted:

TL;DR link to a detailed guide: http://musicfamily.org/realm/R16Guide/

First step is unlocking the branches themselves. Second step is leveling them up (clicking on the big button for each branch on the research screen) to make the actual individual research upgrades appear as things you can work on unlocking. For example, once you've leveled a branch up once, a smaller button with an individual research upgrade and the number 1 will appear next to it. When you get to 10 times, another button with the number 10 will appear, and so on.

In every R after R16, the process is basically "grind gems until high, rapidly boost the branches' level until they hit their new cap, then work on individual unlocks for any of the researches that showed up as a result".

Boosting the branches' level is also called spending or raising "RP" for Research Points. Either way when you mouse over the giant button and it says, say, 12/136, it's raising it to 13/136, 14/136, and so on with the ultimate goal being capping it out at 136/136, then 153/153 at R17, 171/171 at R18, and so on. The cap raises (by R) as you reincarnate, e.g. going from R16 to R17 it's +17 points.

But in R16 itself, actually raising RP to do the leveling of the branches is non-trivial because you don't have the researches themselves yet to give you crazy coin and faction coin production to make RP easy. So yes, that part's going to be tougher for you at this particular time, but reincarnating more (without actually proceeding with the research unlocks) is not going to make it meaningfully easier, and you're at the tail end of how far mercenaries can carry you.

That said, be sure you've grinded your gems up to about where mercs peter out, before you dig too heavily into research. I'd say e68 as a bare minimum, and more in the e70~e72 range would make things a lot easier on you. Otherwise, the R16 process is basically going to be "raise RP as much as you can, unlock the researches that became available when you did so, use them for a boost to help you afford raising RP further, repeat".

Once RP is maxed out, then you work your way through all the individual research unlocks (some are fast, some are easy but unavoidably time-consuming, some are just a pain) that still remain, and after that you've got this lovely crazy powerful assortment of upgrades to use every R thereafter since you only have to do the unlocks once. R16 is also the slowest R for research unlocks overall, just because you've got to unlock everything from scratch. In most Rs after that, there'll only be a few new researches per R and many of them are fairly quick to unlock.

Yo thanks for this, I had exactly the same question and you've handily answered it!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Hey I haven't spammed this thread in a while so I wanted to point out that they just updated Tap Titans 2 with a bunch of cool changes and a new tutorial. We have an active goon clan filled with a bunch of bad posts and RSI. Come check us out if you think that going outside and socializing is overrated. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801833

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

speaking of tappers, the WWE tap game isnt very good, but the random name generator is pretty decent

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I'm stuck early on in realm grinder; I've been following https://www.kongregate.com/forums/8945-realm-grinder/topics/547245 and I'm at around 8e6 gems, so apparently I need to do demon runs until I hit 1e10. Is there anything more to this than just sitting on it for a few days? Gem growth seems really slow, even if I monitor it and hellfire last/upgrade regularly.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Run Elves until Titan/Druid is possible. I believe he recommends Demon in combination with that secret trophy he mentions, which would give enough of a push to make it worthwhile. It's not possible to get it at that point without either scrying or sinking money into the game. However if you do the various secret clicking trophies (Speed Run, Sun Blessing, Building Hater later on), Elves is on par. You're better off following this instead.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Elves and Fairies are the fastest base factions arent they?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Omi no Kami posted:

I'm stuck early on in realm grinder; I've been following https://www.kongregate.com/forums/8945-realm-grinder/topics/547245 and I'm at around 8e6 gems, so apparently I need to do demon runs until I hit 1e10. Is there anything more to this than just sitting on it for a few days? Gem growth seems really slow, even if I monitor it and hellfire last/upgrade regularly.

That guide is very old. Angels are terrible now, for example. Just stick with Elves.

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
Yeah, here's a better guide for pre-first-reincarnation (R0):

https://www.kongregate.com/forums/8945-realm-grinder/topics/643873-in-depth-guide-to-starting-realm-grinder

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

just use g00fball for everything realm grinder

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Ooh, thanks for the updating guide- elves are positively whipping through the first billion gems compared to idling demons.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Emron posted:

Later on there's a "have 10 days of hellfire blast uptime this abdication" requirement. 4h is nothing.

How do you manage to get that kind of time on it? I put on Diamond Pickaxe on bronze and closed the game, I just opened it this morning and it managed to get... 18 minutes of uptime.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

make a mana generating build, leave your device on overnight :v:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Merijn posted:

How do you manage to get that kind of time on it? I put on Diamond Pickaxe on bronze and closed the game, I just opened it this morning and it managed to get... 18 minutes of uptime.

Your mana regen is a critical part. Get that as high as possible without spell boosts before going offline.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I'm picking up RG again after not playing for a while. I'm on R20 and from what I can tell from the vanilla research builds on the g00f notwiki, basically I should just stay with Fairies forever and pick whatever the highest modifiers for income are? There's a few non-Fairy builds for some Rs but it always goes back to them.
(Obviously I'm talking about production builds, not using Elves to get FCs).

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

They eventually get eclipsed by Dwelves once you unlock Prestige research but you will always start Fairies when you first reach research range to jumpstart your gems count to make it possible to do other builds. Once you Ascend Titans take over entirely for a long time.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Is there anything I can do to make the requirements for unlocking Deflagration go faster?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

They eventually get eclipsed by Dwelves once you unlock Prestige research but you will always start Fairies when you first reach research range to jumpstart your gems count to make it possible to do other builds. Once you Ascend Titans take over entirely for a long time.

Yeah that's why I said vanilla research. Why Dwelves instead of Dwairies? Pre-research, Dwairies rushed ahead because of their bloodline once HoL became less important.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Re-doing Mine Defense for the heck of it and I noticed a trick I hadn't considered the first time through. Once you start industry and get the quarry, there's a .15% chance every second that you'll make a discovery of either perfect gems, majestic gems, or an alchemist. The gem count is based on the current number of gems you have - I don't know if it's *all* gems or just ones of at least a certain quality, but I cranked up my Ants->Normal Gem alchs to beef up those figures and when I hit the perf/majestic discoveries, broke them down into more Normals. When you hit about four million gem count I think it maxes out for this particular stage giving you 22k perfect or majestics per discovery which is massive. Hoard your normals and break your perf/maj down to whatever tier you need to alchemize a boatload of baggers and/or rock boys to get that industry chugging along. At this point it's better to leave the autoclicker in a position where it automatically will hit "Take a look!" without interfering with anything else on the UI than actually clicking the mine.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

GrossMurpel posted:

Yeah that's why I said vanilla research. Why Dwelves instead of Dwairies? Pre-research, Dwairies rushed ahead because of their bloodline once HoL became less important.

Because Elves have access to crit auto-clicks that can get up to nearly 50% with Moon Blessing, their focus on clicks in general synergises well with Dwarves' Diamond Pick spell and assistants being the powerhouse of coin generation in the research phase, and I believe they can generate Faction Coins faster than Dwairies which plays well into a couple research choices that get better with more faction coins/royal exchanges.

Really though there's an option for Dwairies during the Prestige phase of research and both are powerful enough to be more down to flavour than speed of progress.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I've been playing and enjoying A Girl Adrift lately on Android. It's mostly a Clicker Heroes type of game but with a few interesting twists. You basically play a girl on an ever-drifting fishing boat and instead of constantly clicking you have to wait a bit for a fish to appear. There's an "auto-fish" that doesn't work too well but maybe I just haven't figured it out yet. The theming is all very cohesive and solid though, even if progression feels a bit slow to start. I think there's supposed to be guilds but I haven't unlocked it yet.

It's on Android and iOS.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Poultron posted:

I've been playing and enjoying A Girl Adrift lately on Android. It's mostly a Clicker Heroes type of game but with a few interesting twists. You basically play a girl on an ever-drifting fishing boat and instead of constantly clicking you have to wait a bit for a fish to appear. There's an "auto-fish" that doesn't work too well but maybe I just haven't figured it out yet. The theming is all very cohesive and solid though, even if progression feels a bit slow to start. I think there's supposed to be guilds but I haven't unlocked it yet.

It's on Android and iOS.

I've been playing this as well, I'm almost to rank 31 (level 560 or so). You get a good number of potions for free initially, so convert them all to mastery once you unlock it and max out auto-fishing. Max level lets you catch junk items and pull up fish that are above your current highest catch, so it becomes completely automated. Once you get all four dps items (Harpoon, Cannon, Machine Gun, and Magic Crystal), you can actually catch a lot of fish without tapping to use the fishing pole. To clarify, lower level auto-fishing can insta-catch fish below your highest level catch of that fish type, but at max level it will also initiate combat against fish above your best. This is useful for when you rank up and can defeat higher level fish with just your dps gear so you don't have to manually initiate combat each time.

This game has a LOT of little content unlocks, from spells and mini-games (although that's a generous term, there's a roulette wheel, a 20 second whack-a-mole game, and maybe you can count the farm where money builds up until you collect it). You can also go from spot to spot catching rare fish for pearls, which are used to buy skins that give permanent boosts and make your fishing girl more adorable (mine has an octopus hat and sails around on a giant barbecue). There's also a legendary boss fish that's a dps race, more dps = more currency when time runs out that you spend to upgrade xp/coins and crit chance, etc.

Once you play for a while and unlock full auto, it's more the kind of game you can leave on and poke to handle a boss or filling up inventory, but it's cute as hell, has lots of content and upgrades, and also there's a fish that's a giant hot dog.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

As long as we're reviewing other idle clicker games, I've been playing Insanity Clicker for a few weeks now and it's nice. The enemies are all very cool horror creations with various references to classic works (Lovecraft, Clive Barker). The base game is clearly copied off Clicker Heroes (minus Transcendence), but they added a PvP minigame where you can play against other players in realtime.

But right now, progress is starting to grind ( :haw: ) to a halt. The Illnesses (Ancients) have been modified and there's no way to get more Sins (Hero Souls) from bosses by upgrading one. Meaning, the Amnesia (Ascension) rewards increase linearly while the enemies increase in difficulty exponentially. :(

I've reached room ~1050 now and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get a lot further unless there's some mechanic I'm missing. I've started regilding to higher pets (Heroes) so we'll see if that helps.

Interestingly, the forums seem to complain a lot about how the max zone is 4275 or something, where damage, gold and enemy health overflows in memory and just displays 'max', leaving the player unable to progress. :lol:

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I've been playing this as well, I'm almost to rank 31 (level 560 or so). You get a good number of potions for free initially, so convert them all to mastery once you unlock it and max out auto-fishing. Max level lets you catch junk items and pull up fish that are above your current highest catch, so it becomes completely automated. Once you get all four dps items (Harpoon, Cannon, Machine Gun, and Magic Crystal), you can actually catch a lot of fish without tapping to use the fishing pole. To clarify, lower level auto-fishing can insta-catch fish below your highest level catch of that fish type, but at max level it will also initiate combat against fish above your best. This is useful for when you rank up and can defeat higher level fish with just your dps gear so you don't have to manually initiate combat each time.

This game has a LOT of little content unlocks, from spells and mini-games (although that's a generous term, there's a roulette wheel, a 20 second whack-a-mole game, and maybe you can count the farm where money builds up until you collect it). You can also go from spot to spot catching rare fish for pearls, which are used to buy skins that give permanent boosts and make your fishing girl more adorable (mine has an octopus hat and sails around on a giant barbecue). There's also a legendary boss fish that's a dps race, more dps = more currency when time runs out that you spend to upgrade xp/coins and crit chance, etc.

Once you play for a while and unlock full auto, it's more the kind of game you can leave on and poke to handle a boss or filling up inventory, but it's cute as hell, has lots of content and upgrades, and also there's a fish that's a giant hot dog.

I decided to try this and drat, it IS adorable. I'm not sure if it's an optimal choice or whatever but I went ahead and traded a bunch of the "potions" for Mastery Points as soon as I unlocked alchemy and immediately bought up to like level 4 auto-fishing. No regrets.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Is it alright to post a link to an incremental game of my own, for feedback, or is it against the thread/General SA rules?

#Shilling

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

something posted:

Is it alright to post a link to an incremental game of my own, for feedback, or is it against the thread/General SA rules?

#Shilling

p o s t
i t

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Captain Foo posted:

p o s t
i t

Definitely post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

:justpost:

It's not like you're trying to get people to pay money or anything, it's just a clicker game.