Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

grand theft grotto posted:

Started grinding my smurf from level 1. I'm not really a gun user but I've just been using the splattershot jr. so far because why not. Won every single one of my games so far and have double digit splats in most of them. Once I get to level 10 we'll see how C goes, by then I will have switched to a weapon that's a little more comfortable for me.

Don't create smurf accounts in a kids game

As an adult you should obviously be beating kids in the low ranks, I don't know how you can take pleasure in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
smurfs are for kids, therefore you should not be a smurf

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Zaphod42 posted:

Don't create smurf accounts in a kids game

As an adult you should obviously be beating kids in the low ranks, I don't know how you can take pleasure in that.

I believe he's doing this in response to a "challenge" another goon posted earlier in the thread.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Wtf is a smurf

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Do people complain about "Elo hell" in this game too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frankston posted:

Wtf is a smurf

A second account that you use in multiplayer games that's a way lower rank so you can use it to ruthlessly pwn people way worse than you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It resets every 2 hours so it's not really possible to even have enough time to complain about it

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I'm happy that Salmon Run exists because despite buying every single multiplayer online battle arena game in existence, I don't actually like pvp much.

Too often the games feel like onesided stomps and reaching higher MMR can be almost a punishment when it suddenly means that you have to start caring about mechanics everyone previously ignored because they were annoying and nobody was good enough to execute them anyway. You win couple in row games and suddenly you have to play against people who can land hook with about 100% accuracy and part of my soul withers and dies. Whereas in Salmon Run only ones suffering will be my teammates.

Started grinding my smurf from level 1. I'm not really a gun user but I've just been using the splattershot jr. so far because why not. Won every single one of my games so far and have double digit splats in most of them. Once I get to level 10 we'll see how C goes, by then I will have switched to a weapon that's a little more comfortable for me.

If Nintendo has any sense, you'll get put into smurf queue soon. I'm going to predict that while climbing the ranked, you will lose some games because your team does something incredibly dumb but you'll still make steady progress towards your main account's rank until you get bored and stop.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

In Training posted:

A second account that you use in multiplayer games that's a way lower rank so you can use it to ruthlessly pwn people way worse than you

Oh. It used to be called a twink account, back in the WoW days at least.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Someone did just a couple of pages ago.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Once I hit B- and clear the challenge I'm going to abandon my smurf account and not make another one. I think the game figured out that I've played before pretty quickly because I'm getting matched up against people in the mid 20s and 30s mostly. They might still be kids but I'm not beating up on people who have literally never played before.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

This isn't something worth bragging about

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Maybe until I unlock ranked I'll take up a charger because I am trash with those and therefore will not be playing the video game in an immoral manner.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Astroniomix posted:

I believe he's doing this in response to a "challenge" another goon posted earlier in the thread.

Someone essentially complained about being in Elo hell, so this was done to disprove that.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Ranked up to S+ Splatzones in short order after going back to old faithful, the Blaster.

I don't know how anyone uses medium range shooter class weapons in this game with any consistency, as they seem to pick and choose when they feel like working. Maybe I'm just bad at aiming with the tilt controls.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I have no idea what the gently caress that smurf guy is even talking about. He wants to make a new account to pwn kiddos but he's never even played a ranked match? As far as I know Turf War has absolutely no matchmaking at all so his account level wouldn't really matter. Regardless, he sounds like a freaking loser.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress that smurf guy is even talking about. He wants to make a new account to pwn kiddos but he's never even played a ranked match? As far as I know Turf War has absolutely no matchmaking at all so his account level wouldn't really matter. Regardless, he sounds like a freaking loser.

Shocker you're not paying any attention, par for course.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Maybe until I unlock ranked I'll take up a charger because I am trash with those and therefore will not be playing the video game in an immoral manner.

Anyone playing Ranked PvP deserves whatever happens to them. Also, harder you crush, more ranks you skip so to minimize your time spent in lower ranks, use a powerful weapon. Altho then people could claim that only way to escape 'the Elo Hell' is to win so hard that you get booted straight up to A. Do what feels good.

One thing I kinda dislike about Salmon Run is how fast it can shovel out bosses. It honestly does get a bit annoying when you have to attempt to throw a bomb while dodging two lasers, a maw, ink rain, ink bomb and a serpent your teammate decided to kite on top of you.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nephzinho posted:

50% gain on gear XP is still worth it, the odds of getting what you were actually going for aren't reduced much.

The exp boost is nice but I don't have the money to constantly scrub gear anyways. Its getting two sub abilities on the right piece of gear so I only have to spend 30 chunks rather than 50 that I really want.

throw to first drat IT posted:

One thing I kinda dislike about Salmon Run is how fast it can shovel out bosses. It honestly does get a bit annoying when you have to attempt to throw a bomb while dodging two lasers, a maw, ink rain, ink bomb and a serpent your teammate decided to kite on top of you.

I like that aspect. It ensures that everyone has to pull their weight and while one good player can make a huge impact even at the high levels, you're never gonna be able to solo everything. Which would be fun at first but get old fast as opposed to constant panic that comes from the way it is now. And when you do actually win a round despite all that poo poo being thrown at you? Just the best feeling.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 9, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
my main problem with salmon run is when there's two flyfish. I can only survive two of them if one of my teammates remembers they have bomb rush, or if i have bomb rush.

Bill Barber posted:

how bout that white noise posting

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

God you're so dim

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Bill Barber posted:

:cripes:

I guess you missed the convo earlier where someone claimed it is literally impossible to progress and ranked matches because of bads.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My one major issue with this game compared to the previous one is respawning taking longer, esp with how short games are

I wanna splat dammit

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Escobarbarian posted:

My one major issue with this game compared to the previous one is respawning taking longer, esp with how short games are

I wanna splat dammit

Solution: Don't die :shepface:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I like it cause the window in the old game made it way harder to push forward when enough of their team is down since they'd be back so drat fast. Think that's a big reason why ranked games seem to end in knockouts a lot more than they used to.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

spit on my clit posted:

my main problem with salmon run is when there's two flyfish. I can only survive two of them if one of my teammates remembers they have bomb rush, or if i have bomb rush.

Once you get the handle of aiming it, Sting Ray is amazing for Flyfish. There are more then enough bosses in Profreshional that you don't really need to collect all the eggs so taking out two of them from across the map is really powerful.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Once I hit B- and clear the challenge I'm going to abandon my smurf account and not make another one. I think the game figured out that I've played before pretty quickly because I'm getting matched up against people in the mid 20s and 30s mostly. They might still be kids but I'm not beating up on people who have literally never played before.

As a new player at level 5-9 today, I assure you, seeing mostly 20-40 is normal

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Is the Inkjet a lovely special, or do I just suck with it?

I probably get killed while using it more often than I get a kill. Seems easy to dodge the shots but it's a slow float and I usually get picked off. I know you can dip with L while using it but doesn't help much. It's decent for splatting the Rainmaker shield or painting the splat zone, but seems like crap offensively.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Deltron 3030 posted:

Is the Inkjet a lovely special, or do I just suck with it?

I probably get killed while using it more often than I get a kill. Seems easy to dodge the shots but it's a slow float and I usually get picked off. I know you can dip with L while using it but doesn't help much. It's decent for splatting the Rainmaker shield or painting the splat zone, but seems like crap offensively.

It's pretty poo poo.

The only way I've found any luck with it is to mind the level geometery and like in Port if you trap someone between the outer wall and the beam and walk & aim in their direction you can get a lot of them in a panic. In a big open map like the skate park it's a lot loving harder to do that.

Otherwise I do my best to just plug randoms and see if they're already weak enough that the couple ticks they take will explode them, if not I stop firing and go try to find another one.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Inkjet is honestly one of the weaker specials. It can be used really well to turn a match around and is capable of applying so much pressure to an area, but you really have to mind your positioning. You're definitely kind of a sitting duck while it's active, so if anyone happens to be close enough to you, you'll get splatted, more likely than not.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Are people talking about the stingray when they say inkjet? I really can't tell anymore.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The inkjet is the jetpack.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Inkjet is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkQM5O4pSYY

Are there any weapons with the Beakon and Inkjet? I imagine you could use the Inkjet to get to inaccessible areas, then drop the beakon

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Zeruel posted:

Are there any weapons with the Beakon and Inkjet? I imagine you could use the Inkjet to get to inaccessible areas, then drop the beakon

Doesn't it send you flying back to where you popped it?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Frankston posted:

Thus the Beakon, so you can superjump back up.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Keiya posted:

Thus the Beakon, so you can superjump back up.

That's not how it works. You can't drop the beakon while flying. After you're done flying, you're forced to jump back to your starting position. There's no way to use it to get somewhere inaccessible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just had a Turf War that was such a blowout, I kinda didn't have anything to do for the last like minute.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Frankston posted:

It also leaves your enemies a handy little icon indicating where you're going to land too, so if you don't get shot by an e-liter while in the air, someone will be all over you with the inkbrush once you finish the special. Better hope you kill the entire enemy team with it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Having to jump to hit Steelheads with the Aerospray is fun. No Charger or Splatling means every one expects someone else to take out Steelheads...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Not even sure what splatted them (I guess a curling bomb), but it felt good when it suddenly popped up.

Also: