Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Mr.Tophat posted:

Oh of course! Slipped my mind. Really hope things go well, and that all your PCs are known shippables.

You folks are tempting me to stream now that I've seen Xaerael and yourself do it. How easy is it to set up? I could always stream some Warhammer campaign stuff, get real orcy for those interested in seeing that. Although if I was going to do that, I'd use the two mods I usually use, the 'green iz best' and 'stupid agents' because I loving hate hate hate having my generals being assassinated all the bloody time. If it was Medieval Total War 2, I could deal with it better, but I really struggle to be motivated to have a goblin git protecting my warlords all the time. Gork would not approve.

I play the game to have fun and to get big orcy scraps going on. If you're interested in such a thing, let me know and I'll be more likely to learn how to stream.

Or I could just carry on shitposting like I usually do.

It depends on if you want to go nuts with overlays and poo poo like that. I didn't want to bother with it so I just use Shadowplay, which is an Nvidia application. Keyboard shortcut to broadcast, you type in your twitch bullshit, set your bitrate and FPS/resolution and then it captures whatever you have going on your monitor. On my second monitor I usually just have my twitch channel loaded up in Chrome and muted so I can watch chat. There's probably a better way to do it, but as anyone who has tuned in knows, my stream is very much not professional.

I looked at OBS which is another popular application that people use to stream, but I couldn't be assed to figure it out. I am sure there are some good tutorials on youtube or whatever, but if you just want to do it quick and dirty, Shadowplay is pretty great.

All that said, I would definitely watch a Greenskins campaign. Or Vampire counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Xarael also trying to get in on the twitch dollars? That's what's up. Humble beginnings in the Star Citizen thread.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
CIG doing orbital physics, what could possibly go wrong...

Fidelity!

:kingsley:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i donut understand why ca doesn't add savage orc warbosses to bloody handz that get leadership bonuses to savage orcs like wurrzag :sigh:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Meridian posted:

It depends on if you want to go nuts with overlays and poo poo like that. I didn't want to bother with it so I just use Shadowplay, which is an Nvidia application. Keyboard shortcut to broadcast, you type in your twitch bullshit, set your bitrate and FPS/resolution and then it captures whatever you have going on your monitor. On my second monitor I usually just have my twitch channel loaded up in Chrome and muted so I can watch chat. There's probably a better way to do it, but as anyone who has tuned in knows, my stream is very much not professional.

I looked at OBS which is another popular application that people use to stream, but I couldn't be assed to figure it out. I am sure there are some good tutorials on youtube or whatever, but if you just want to do it quick and dirty, Shadowplay is pretty great.

All that said, I would definitely watch a Greenskins campaign. Or Vampire counts.

I use OBS. It's a bit fiddly to set up, but the options are nice. I care more about tinkering with things than streaming, so fiddling with overlays and "be right back" screens and stuff is more fun for me than it might be for others. OBS has looooots of options.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

I use OBS. It's a bit fiddly to set up, but the options are nice. I care more about tinkering with things than streaming, so fiddling with overlays and "be right back" screens and stuff is more fun for me than it might be for others. OBS has looooots of options.

Perhaps a goonlaboration for 3.0?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah, I use OBS as well. I also use Bandicam on occasion.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Really, guys, CIG never "promised" anything.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Meridian posted:

Okay sweet. I'm going to try and figure this out tonight then and get some greenskin fun on the go! My first attempt is going to be a complete shitshow, but hey, you have to learn somehow, right?

Xaerael posted:

Yeah, the jumps and rush attacks were screwing me over a ton. The bumper buttons on the dpad are hosed as I thought which really wasn't helping with the blocks, so I'll try and do something about that before I go back.

It's an eye meltingly pretty game though.

I'm very impressed that your graphics card can handle it. I thought that the game was going to really push people's hardware, and not in a good way, but you were getting pretty reasonable framerates with everything on high. Gives me hope. :unsmith:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I use OBS as well.

lol stream F13.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:laffo: Hello Games have announced a new major patch coming this week, 1.3 Atlas Rises

In the time since Crobberts said "3.0 will be our big end of year update" and the cutdown 3.0 actually showing up, the filthy liar Sean Murray will have released three big updates to No Man Sky.

Who would have put money on that happening when 3.0 was announced? :homebrew:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Mr.Tophat posted:

I'm very impressed that your graphics card can handle it. I thought that the game was going to really push people's hardware, and not in a good way, but you were getting pretty reasonable framerates with everything on high. Gives me hope. :unsmith:

I'm on a pretty old i5 3.30mhz intel with a GTX 960 and 8gb ram (thought it was a 930 on the stream, was wrongo.) Game was installed on an SSD.

I just ramped everything up to max like I usually do, expecting to have to turn things down, but yeah. Didn't need to. Things slowed a little in the birdman fight, but not so much it was bad or janky.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Quavers posted:

:laffo: Hello Games have announced a new major patch coming this week, 1.3 Atlas Rises

In the time since Crobberts said "3.0 will be our big end of year update" and the cutdown 3.0 actually showing up, the filthy liar Sean Murray will have released three big updates to No Man Sky.

Oh man, three big updates? That'd mean the players have to download the whole game three times! That'll eat up their quota, for sure.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I was playing the Witcher 3 last night and it occurred to me that that game somehow has several character models, each with different faces, clothes, etc. It's hardly fair to compare a game with less than half the budget to Star Citizen, but it's kinda striking when there's only one bald man in that entire game.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Meridian posted:

Perhaps a goonlaboration for 3.0?

Well obviously, assuming we haven't died of old age by then.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/894760073360166912

:negative::toot:

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
ill make the website

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Okay! I could have set up my webcam to pick up my voice, but I decided to try and get my more professional microphone on the go. It's just an SM57 that I've boosted via software, but I'm trying to get the levels right. The webcam was not bad, but it sounded like it was clipping which is something I really dislike. So if I'm hellishly quiet, that's why, and I need folks to let me know about the levels between the game and myself.

Stream available at: https://www.twitch.tv/mrtophat_sa

Going to be broadcasting some Warhammer Total War, playing as greenskins in the campaign, and getting the hang of how the gently caress to stream for the first time :shepface:

Xaerael posted:

I'm on a pretty old i5 3.30mhz intel with a GTX 960 and 8gb ram (thought it was a 930 on the stream, was wrongo.) Game was installed on an SSD.

I just ramped everything up to max like I usually do, expecting to have to turn things down, but yeah. Didn't need to. Things slowed a little in the birdman fight, but not so much it was bad or janky.

Noice, glad to hear! Guess I'll be picking up this game then!

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/895078378285416448

That poly count seems rather low for a CIG creation.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

+42

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Amazing Zimmo posted:

3/4 of a million polys..... That Seems High For One Space Ship In A Game Where You Expect To See 10-20 Of Them In A Scene ... Plus A Planet And Space Station Etc

Why is my phone capitalizing every word in that sentence ?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Amazing Zimmo posted:

lol 750k polys (~1.5 million tris) for one ship. That dog don't lick peanut butter.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Christ you fools, it shows 77 FPS. New netcode must be in.

Edit: Also cool Steve is the one working on it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

But Chris sir we simply can't explain why the engine is struggling to maintain 10 fps !!

*tiny space bike enters view and the entire game collapses into itself like a prolapsed anus being reverses*

I'm not sure guys but you better loving fix it before gamescon !

*Chris does a huge line of coke and then climbs into his imaginary porsche and speeds off*

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

So this is out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/414340/Hellblade_Senuas_Sacrifice/

And it's epic in every sense.

]

the motion capture, visuals, and voice acting are superb.

But no subsumption :negative:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Raskolnikov posted:

So this is out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/414340/Hellblade_Senuas_Sacrifice/

]

I was streaming it earlier for the thread. It's a very good game with some minor problems. Combat is wonderful in it, everything felt hefty and connected. Birdman is an rear end.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

"No matter how wrong they've been in the past, CIG has the BEST POSSIBLE chance of being correct with their release window, and Chris Roberts at the head of that."

Interesting how much is non-negotiable in this formulation.

"CIG and Chris Roberts in particular have proven wildly over-optimistic with nearly every past release estimate, therefore they are the most trustworthy guide going forward. To express otherwise is to give aid and comfort to the naysayers and trolls. Wouldn't you rather side with the team that believes in The Dream?"

quote:

.........COOL
.........GOOD
.........BAD
U rappin'AWFUL

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Raskolnikov posted:

]

It didn't even have multiple solar systems, how epic can it truly be :smug:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Raskolnikov posted:

]

can she flip her hat before putting it on?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Between 3gb and 5gb of memory

One ship

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Crazypoops posted:

Also, I keep hearing the "Oh, he's purposely setting ambitious deadlines to push his production team" excuse, as if it makes it better.

Lets say that's true. Ignoring all other factors that say that's bullshit, but lets say it's true. That's a great loving way to run your whole god drat production team into the ground. That would have to mean that this entire year has been crunch time, and every team member has been working BEYOND THEIR LIMITS for 8 GOD drat MONTHS.

That's not a "management style" that's poo poo management. It would be like a waiter taking a poo poo on my table and saying "well that's just his restaurant service style".

The misfired marketing launches seem to indicate that CR really believes himself.

The lack of hype for GamesCom and 3.0 may reveal that he's starting to doubt his insane schedules and what he believes he can squeeze out of his staff.

He's getting finally gun shy in the face of huge negative response.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Xaerael posted:

Going to stream Hellblade tonight so we can all laugh at how bad CIGs mocap and character art is together. Not sure when, but I'll post up 30 mins in advance. I expect around 10:30pm GMT.

Spoiler: I already booted the game up, and it's running maxed out on my "old" rig, and it looks loving beautiful.

e:

Pyre is on my list of to do games after I finally finish off Transistor. Good to hear it's good.

Make some side by sides, perhaps using even the pre rendered footage from their car show knock off; which is probably as best as they can get.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

starkebn posted:

Between 3gb and 5gb of memory

One ship

Sounds like a problem for the proletariat.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I clearly don't understand game development because honestly I find all of this bewildering

How is this happening? It's truly insane

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'm always expecting the increased # of posts to mean the game is in the final stage of failure- but it confounds the very will of Christendom by continuing to plod along, with no end in sight

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I'm always expecting the increased # of posts to mean the game is in the final stage of failure- but it confounds the very will of Christendom by continuing to plod along, with no end in sight

Perpectual failure is a thing, also, SC has never been released so technically it was never born, the thing which does not live cannot die. This is why a commercial release will actually kill it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Public chat log:
P1: dude go to your video thing
P2: Ok. What?
P1: ru ther?
P2: Not yet, getting there.
P3: Can you guys be quiet?
P1: gently caress you. Ru there
P2: yea im here what now?
P1: ok watch this.
P2: Oh poo poo it's you! Haha!
P1: u c me?
P2: yea your holo is here
P1: watch
P2: oh poo poo dude, the Guardians of the Galaxy middle finger! Hahaha
P3: Can you guys shut up please?
P1: isn't that cool?
P2: yeah that was really great.
P1: cool
P2: yea

This excerpt from real players communicating via holo projection. This could be you!

Cu in teh varse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Meridian posted:

Xarael also trying to get in on the twitch dollars? That's what's up. Humble beginnings in the Star Citizen thread.

Are you buying a Ferrari yet, friend? :)