Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fargin Icehole posted:

Wolves Among Us was pretty good.

I'd say the first few eps started off really good but man that was a classic falling knife edge case into awfulness really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
instead of that bad episodic game just go play the lion's song

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shima Honnou posted:

Got an e-mail from Gearbox about their latest idiotic venture.

"Project 1v1 is the code name for a top-secret, in-development, competitive first person shooter—and we want you to have a chance to be one of the first people to try it out! Project 1v1 combines the action of fast-paced 1v1 first person combat with the metagame strategy of a collectible card game."
So they'll only need one server for their install base then

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Rez Infinite is coming to PC! There'll be announcement later today about this. Keep an eye on this Twitter page. They accidentally spilled the beans prematurely, so the actual tweet is unavailable.

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 9, 2017

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Blattdorf posted:

Rez Infinite is coming to PC! There'll be announcement later today about this. Keep an eye on this Twitter page. They accidentally spilled the beans prematurely, so the actual tweet is unavailable.

Holy gently caress what!? :f5:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Blattdorf posted:

2017 really has been a great year for gaming.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Speaking of surprise announcements, TxK is finally escaping the Vita in an enhanced form as Tempest 4000.

Not a lot of details yet, but it's a Jeff Minter-developed Tempest clone game, we've done this dance enough to know what to expect.

WMain00 posted:

2017 really has been a great year for gaming.
It's been a great year for games. A great year for music. A great year for film. A great year for distractions from a world that really needs to be distracted from itself.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Can somebody please play and give a short review about that crazy guy's game, Grim Grimoire - Heralds of the Kingdom or whatever it was called?

I'm dying to know what it's actually like.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Drifter posted:

Can somebody please play and give a short review about that crazy guy's game, Grim Grimoire - Heralds of the Kingdom or whatever it was called?

Corn In The Bible posted one earlier.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Drifter posted:

Imagine balls, slapping you in the face, forever.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Samuringa posted:

I wish I knew how Telltale worked, because their output is baffling. Walking Dead S1 was good and a success, which made them jump to this interactive novel style. Since then, the only thing they made that stood out was Tales From The Borderlands(which is spectacular); everything else ranges from "Eh" to "Never Play It".

iirc the change happened with Jurassic Park. It's not like Telltale were doing well before that though. Back to the Future is loving awful, for instance

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

SirSamVimes posted:

Hellblade looks neat and unbelievably pretty. Can I run it with an AMD Radeon 7700 card? The minimum requirements are "Graphics: GTX 770 with 2GB VRAM / Radeon R9 280X 3GB" and I don't know whether mine is better than that.

Depends how minimum the minimum requirements are.

A 7750 or 7770 is older and lower range than a R9 280x.

Piekuuns
May 15, 2009
So Valve announced a new game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA5mY8XqrHU

It's Half-Life 3 a loving DOTA card game

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
ricochet 2 when

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
lol I'm gonna play the dumb card game

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

duckfarts posted:

ricochet 2 when

you posted that under the wrong account, firstaidkite

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey I haven't checked the steam thread in a while I wonder what they're talking about

Zetsubou-san posted:

you posted that under the wrong account, firstaidkite

Oh hi

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Please do not insult duckfarts by implying that they are me

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Largepotato posted:

Depends how minimum the minimum requirements are.

A 7750 or 7770 is older and lower range than a R9 280x.

I'll probably wait until after I upgrade then.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The future of gaming is Valve and Blizzard copying each other forever

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone played Get Even? Trailer looks interesting.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Piekuuns posted:

So Valve announced a new game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA5mY8XqrHU

It's Half-Life 3 a loving DOTA card game

I'm glad at the dislikes

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

The future of gaming is Valve and Blizzard copying each other forever

Half life 3 a destiny ripoff with valve polish? :getin:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I love that Randy Pitchford made an announcement on the same afternoon that Gearbox's next project would also be a TCG.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nevvy Z posted:

Half life 3 a destiny ripoff with valve polish? :getin:

Blizzard polishes their games a trillion times better than Valve?

Though I guess at this point what is a "Valve" game.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

I love that Randy Pitchford made an announcement on the same afternoon that Gearbox's next project would also be a TCG.

It was supposed to be a first person shooter with CCG "elements" so probably borderlands but now all your bullets are cards you have to get in booster packs

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Lego Batman Games: all 4.99
Lego Batman Trilogy: 19.99

I see what you did steam.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Extremely late, but for the guy who beat Hollow Knight and wants another sprawling nonlinear Metroidvania, the fact that La Mulana has not come up even once is a loving crime.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If anybody here is ever looking for a metroidvania style game, I suggest looking into Mystik Belle. It isn't perfect, it's flawed, but it is a relatively small and short sorta metroidvania/adventure hybrid and it is also cute, good sprite work all around.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Zaggitz posted:

Extremely late, but for the guy who beat Hollow Knight and wants another sprawling nonlinear Metroidvania, the fact that La Mulana has not come up even once is a loving crime.

A few pages back it has. Or when ever it was last on sale which I believe was July.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

FirstAidKite posted:

If anybody here is ever looking for a metroidvania style game, I suggest looking into Mystic Belle. It isn't perfect, it's flawed, but it is a relatively small and short sorta metroidvania/adventure hybrid and it is also cute, good sprite work all around.

It feels way more like a compact adventure game than a true metroidvania but yeah its a fun couple of hours while it lasts.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

La-Mulana is very good but at the same time it is also kind of an exercise in self-flagellation

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I like exploring video game worlds. I like metroidvania games. I like hard games. I cannot get into La Mulana. I've tried 3 times and I bounce off it hard every time. Nothing about it feels good to me from the combat to the movement to the music. I wish I could get into it because on paper it should be one of my favorite games, but in practice is a boring turd. :(

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Wildtortilla posted:

I like exploring video game worlds. I like metroidvania games. I like hard games. I cannot get into La Mulana. I've tried 3 times and I bounce off it hard every time. Nothing about it feels good to me from the combat to the movement to the music. I wish I could get into it because on paper it should be one of my favorite games, but in practice is a boring turd. :(

whoa now

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

Honestly I don't think you're missing much, and I played until fairly near the end. Some of the puzzles are cool, but a lot of them are just obtuse. I really like the idea of La Mulana, and if La Mulana 2 has better puzzle design it could be fantastic, but the first game is fairly overrated IMO. I think a lot of it is because it does things most games don't do anymore - unguided exploration and hard puzzles - but it doesn't do them particularly well.

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe

corn in the bible posted:

instead of that bad episodic game just go play the lion's song

Thanks for the heads up about the last chapter!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ulio posted:

2 big issues with for honor imo. Awful balancing. Ubisoft didn't balance or nerf any of the op poo poo. Defending is too easy while attacking is all risk without any reward.

No dedicated server on a "competitive" game is a deathwish.

I still like this first person sword genre like For Honor, Chivalry warfare.

Mordhau is coming out in early 2018, check it out.

I'm in the alpha, which is starting at the end of this month.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm keeping my eye on Absolver, which comes out at the end of this month and appears to have that same impactful combat feel as For Honor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Xaris posted:

I'd say the first few eps started off really good but man that was a classic falling knife edge case into awfulness really fast.

I actually liked it, but anyway someone should post that gif of wolf guy glitching out and using the stripper animation