Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Honestly I think the staggered launch of titles is really nice. It's like there's something I'm interested in every couple of months, with time to get to everything. It's much preferable to everything dropping in October / November and having to triage titles. I'd be cool with them keeping the schedule like this throughout the lifespan of the Switch. There's enough stuff in the pipeline (yoshi, FE, xeno, kirby, metroid etc) that every 2 - 3 months for a few years is reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I wish Nintendo would stagger me some Stardew and Golf story? Guess not! Time for another bit of the ol ultra shovelware.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

hmm yes noted shovelware titles 'legend of zelda' and 'splatoon 2'

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We know almost nothing about Golf story apart from them cutting together a decent trailer.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Diablo 3 when?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Has Diablo 3 been announced? Portable Diablo would actually be the poo poo, and D3 is really flexible about hardware. I remember playing the beta on whatever lovely AMD processor I had in like 2011 before upgrading my PC, and it ran agreeable enough on lower settings.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
de Blob would be perfect for the Switch

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
We already have splatoon

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Imagined posted:

Needed? No. Would be pretty amazing if it had, though.

ACtuarly that is what you think

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

enojy posted:

Has Diablo 3 been announced? Portable Diablo would actually be the poo poo, and D3 is really flexible about hardware. I remember playing the beta on whatever lovely AMD processor I had in like 2011 before upgrading my PC, and it ran agreeable enough on lower settings.

Now but it should be. It's a no brainer really

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Don't remember seeing these deals posted: (NA eShop) Graceful Explosion Machine is 30% off, $8.99, and I Am Setsuna is 33% off, $26.79

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Has it been known that FE Warriors was coming out on 9/28 in Japan? I thought it was still just 'Fall' for all regions.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 9, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I was going to snark about how portable single player diablo 3 in 2017 would be less than worthless but then I thought about local multiplayer and my eyes lit up. I'd buy my brother a Switch just so we could faux-lan it up. Although there's next to no chance Blizzard will let you do anything offline in any of their games ever again, so who knows.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just bought a switch and between Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 I've been having a tough time deciding what to actually play, and I'm looking forward to Rabbids (but waiting to see impressions on that one it could still be a huge mess)

I think this is actually a really strong launch year? It's not like anyone could get ahold of the drat thing before a month or so ago

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think it's a strong launch year, just that the people complaining have rather specific tastes

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just bought a switch and between Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 I've been having a tough time deciding what to actually play, and I'm looking forward to Rabbids (but waiting to see impressions on that one it could still be a huge mess)

I think this is actually a really strong launch year? It's not like anyone could get ahold of the drat thing before a month or so ago

Same, I think it depends on your life structure at this point too. I'm still not done with Zelda, kind of put it on hold for a month, and I've barely touched Mario Kart and Splatoon. Bought shovel knight as well and have the extra campaigns to go through. It doesn't help that I have a backlog of 3ds and Wii U games to work through as well (started SMT IV recently). I still haven't adjusted to the concept of working full time and having more money than free time.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
That's about how it is for me now, too much work and not enough free time to sit and play a million hours of games anymore. Still trying to finish Zelda. Games are coming out almost too fast for me. I looked at the last person's post history who said their Switch was gathering dust and they were posting about how they spent three whole days moving boxes around in Grand Theft Auto. I wish I had that kind of time still

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am pretty sure that the Switch has had a much stronger launch year than the PS4, Xbox One, or Wii U

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I've played more games on my PS4 this year but I've put in more playtime in Zelda/MK8D/Splatoon 2 than all those combined this year

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

whaley posted:

ACtuarly that is what you think

Weird all this time I thought I was enjoying the Switch I bought in March it turns out I wasn't thanks for letting me know goons.

Some fans really can't handle hearing someone say that a good thing could've been better.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 9, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am pretty sure that the Switch has had a much stronger launch year than the PS4, Xbox One, or Wii U

PS4's opening 6 months at launch were loving DIRE. Games like Shadow of Mordor, Destiny, and Dragon Age 3 were extremely well-received partially because they were some of the biggest games on the system to come out in ages. By comparison, the first 6 months of Switch's life have been really great, and even better if you never owned WiiU games like Mario Kart 8 or the upcoming Pokken.

Zelda/Kart/Splatoon/ARMS/XCOM Mario alone is a fantastic lineup but there's also a handful of great poo poo like Disgaea 5, Isaac, Thumper, Slime-san, and Neogeo games there. Finishing off with Odyssey and hopefully Xenoblade 2 is rounding out an especially fantastic first year for a new console.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Imagined posted:

Weird all this time I thought I was enjoying the Switch I bought in March it turns out I wasn't thanks for letting me know goons.

Some fans really can't handle hearing someone say that a good thing could've been better.

If all those games came out in November alongside the launch I wouldn't have been able to afford them. Or find a switch, most likely

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PS4's library still seems a bit dire to me. Bloodborne and Yakuza 0 look like the only interesting exclusives.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
That's a little unfair. There's Horizon and The Last of Us and Uncharted and Persona 5. Lots of things, especially if you count as "only on PC and PS4" as an exclusive.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

PS4's library still seems a bit dire to me. Bloodborne and Yakuza 0 look like the only interesting exclusives.

Hey now, Yakuza Kiwami comes out this month.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Imagined posted:

That's a little unfair. There's Horizon and The Last of Us and Uncharted and Persona 5. Lots of things, especially if you count as "only on PC and PS4" as an exclusive.

Last of Us was a remaster. Those others are fine though.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Imagined posted:

Last of Us and Persona 5 are also on PS3, and I certainly don't count PC + PS4 games as PS4 exclusives any more than a Switch and PC game is a Switch exclusive.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Imagined posted:

The Switch should've come out in November 2017. It's so obvious they rushed it out half cooked from a software standpoint. So honestly if you already have one just consider any game released between March and November a launch title.

There's already an industry standard for "launch window"; it's the day of, plus thirty days.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Artix posted:

Last of Us and Persona 5 are also on PS3, and I certainly don't count PC + PS4 games as PS4 exclusives any more than a Switch and PC game is a Switch exclusive.

Persona 5 is on PS3, sure, but c'mon. Nobody counts the PS3 version.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Imagined posted:

I'd add Infamous and its DLC to this list as well. Plus there are niche titles like Hatsune Miku.

Btw, Sega should totally release a Miku game on Switch. Hopefully comparable to Future Tone in terms of playlist and graphics. Would be a day one purchase for me. I love those dumb rhythm games so much.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The real question for me is if the titles are going to keep coming or not. It's great that they've frontloaded the console, but what major Nintendo properties haven't been announced yet? All I can think of is Paper Mario, Mario Golf, and F-Zero.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

lelandjs posted:

The real question for me is if the titles are going to keep coming or not. It's great that they've frontloaded the console, but what major Nintendo properties haven't been announced yet? All I can think of is Paper Mario and Mario Golf.

Animal Crossing
F-Zero
Mother 3

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

lelandjs posted:

The real question for me is if the titles are going to keep coming or not. It's great that they've frontloaded the console, but what major Nintendo properties haven't been announced yet? All I can think of is Paper Mario, Mario Golf, and F-Zero.

Smash Bros

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Bring on Animal Crossing!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The icy hot "Nintendo is making so many games that they'll run out and have no games" take.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Detective No. 27 posted:

Animal Crossing
F-Zero

Advance Wars
Non-Warrior Fire Emblem
Luigi's Mansion

and' that's just first party, what about Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center, Layton, and Cooking Mama?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Detective No. 27 posted:

Animal Crossing

Guy Goodbody posted:

Advance Wars
Non-Warrior Fire Emblem
Luigi's Mansion

Okay, fair points. Most of them I didn't mention because I'd taken for granted they'll appear (Smash, AC, FE).

And I'd like to count on third parties, but it's a Nintendo console, sooo yeah. Also two of the biggest third party Nintendo exclusive series (Layton and Etrian) are pretty reliant on the touchscreen, with Layton's latest game being launched on iOS & Android before even the 3DS (I'm actually playing it on my iPad, it's... ok, not great) so who knows if they'll even come out for the Switch at all.

That said, I'm fully expecting Capcom to announce a port of the first three AA games to Switch any day now.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Advance Wars
Non-Warrior Fire Emblem
Luigi's Mansion

and' that's just first party, what about Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center, Layton, and Cooking Mama?
Advance Wars is dead. FE killed it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Luigi's Mansion on Switch would be totally loving cool. I adored the Gamecube one and the 3ds sequel was far better than it had any right to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

Advance Wars is dead. FE killed it.

You want Advance Wars, you can play Wargroove whenever it comes out this year/next year (literally like 1 person is developing this game so it will take forever)

• Locked thread