Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Ao has a fantranslation in the works which is about halfway done too, largely helped by someone dumping a spreadsheet containing a rudimentary translation for the main scenario of Ao that he worked on for the sake of his girlfriend. Course, it'll still need heavily edited once the translation is done and sidequests, item descriptions and NPC dialogue still needs translated.

Basically by this time next year you should be able to play Zero in English and Ao should be well on its way to being in English in some form or another, whether that's via fantranslation or an official localization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tbh i'm really hoping someone takes endless history's offer to clean up the nayuta translation so that i can play that game again without the dialog giving me a headache

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think I am noticing some graphical issues with the new patch? Like it's not rendering certain objects?

Like in sun door 2 the final chapter and the intro to the final dungeon.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yep I tested it, something in the beta fucks up some models really badly.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
This week's leaked CS3 spoilers (warning: massive, suggests some plot stuff) got translated:

https://pastebin.com/r4BkpJYq

Class armored train!? Forget airships, now that's where it is. Though I am wondering about the "field studies bit", don't tell me this game is just Western Erebonia intro for IV.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Huh, fired up TitS SC to test turbo mode and instantly got the Anton's Odssey achievement that I never got in my original playthrough. I wonder if it was bugged or something previously.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It was; I got it the very first time I talked to him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/08/falcom-listening-fan-demand-trails-cold-steel-ii-remaster-ps4/

Yell at Falcom if you want a remaster for Cold Steel 1+2 for PS4.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That seems really redundant with CS coming out on PC.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Dunno how many people in Japan have gaming PCs? Also the PC Port could totally use some high-res textures.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

The console version will sell better, especially in Japan. This is mostly for Japan, kinda like how Kingdom Hearts eventually made every game available on the ps4.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Just sayin' that if Falcom wants me to yell at them for a PS4 remaster, I'm good.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Am I seriously locked to both Fie and Emma for the spirit shrine trials? Nothing against the two of them, but I want to level the rest of the party up, and they're taking up valuable slots.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Yes, while you're first clearing a spirit shrine trial Emma is required. After you clear it you can come back to it without her just fine though, and you'll need to come back to them afterwards for some of the trial chests.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Am I seriously locked to both Fie and Emma for the spirit shrine trials? Nothing against the two of them, but I want to level the rest of the party up, and they're taking up valuable slots.

A Thing will happen eventually, and you'll be locked to Laura instead of Fie.

Anybody who's underleveled will catch up super quick anyway, no matter when you end up using them.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 8, 2017

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Alard posted:

Yes, while you're first clearing a spirit shrine trial Emma is required. After you clear it you can come back to it without her just fine though, and you'll need to come back to them afterwards for some of the trial chests.

Emma I understand, but Fie's actually locked, and that seems like a bit much.

e: I may actually be stupid, and not have realized that you clear one shrine, talk to George, and come back for the rest later.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 8, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nate RFB posted:

I'm much more likely to buy them again on PS4

Please remember that SA is a collective of insane 30+ nerds and most people play games on consoles not PC.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Is Ys: Memories of Celcetta worth playing? I've never played an Ys game before despite owning the majority of them because of Steam sales.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Beelerzebub posted:

Is Ys: Memories of Celcetta worth playing? I've never played an Ys game before despite owning the majority of them because of Steam sales.

It's probably the lesser of the more modern ones but it's still a pretty cool action rpg. If you want one to start with though I'd say go for Ys Origins first. (either Steam or PS4 version, Vita version is broken garbage.)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Of the two party-based Ys games available in English, it's the best one. Music is good, the world is pretty fun to explore, and from a base Action RPG gameplay standpoint it's still solid. The main problem with the game is that it's just too easy, which is a symptom of all of the party-based Ys games. Some people also weirdly got really bent out of shape about the plot which I could not understand because it like all other Ys games is very :effort: about its plot.

Assuming we include it with the games available on Steam, I would say Ys Celceta is better than Ys I/II and Seven (which will eventually be on Steam) but worse than the rest. It's still very good because all Ys games not called Ys V are good.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Nate RFB posted:

Of the two party-based Ys games available in English, it's the best one. Music is good, the world is pretty fun to explore, and from a base Action RPG gameplay standpoint it's still solid. The main problem with the game is that it's just too easy, which is a symptom of all of the party-based Ys games. Some people also weirdly got really bent out of shape about the plot which I could not understand because it like all other Ys games is very :effort: about its plot.

Assuming we include it with the games available on Steam, I would say Ys Celceta is better than Ys I/II and Seven (which will eventually be on Steam) but worse than the rest. It's still very good because all Ys games not called Ys V are good.

Is that why Ys V was never released in the West?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I doubt at first, it was just a late SNES game in a not very popular series anyway in the west, it's probable that that's why it's never been ported or released on anything else though.

E: apparently it got ported to PS2 10 years later so shows what I know

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Falcom is probably remaking Ys 5 next anyway.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

OddObserver posted:

This week's leaked CS3 spoilers (warning: massive, suggests some plot stuff) got translated:

https://pastebin.com/r4BkpJYq

Class armored train!? Forget airships, now that's where it is. Though I am wondering about the "field studies bit", don't tell me this game is just Western Erebonia intro for IV.

This game has way too many characters in the mix good lord

Bland fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 9, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ys 7 is August 30th, which...I guess is release in august

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Tae posted:

Ys 7 is August 30th, which...I guess is release in august

So, Zwei II on Sept. 22nd?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
All the Celceta bosses were way too boring for me. I got to the hidden town area which I assume is about halfway before dropping it. I tried Seven out afterward and while the bosses in that weren't spectacular but they were still decent, so I don't know what happened.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Spoilers for CSteel 3: http://imgur.com/a/YnoXU

Vita getting a re-design basically means one thing.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Tae posted:

I thought you meant the handheld. I'm now kinda bummed.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tae posted:

The most lowkey interesting thing is Thomas hanging out with Vita.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

What does it mean

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

That's, uh, an interesting combination of people on one of the pictures on Rutger's page. Looks like, him, Shirley Orlando, and ???. I'm thinking the unknown might be Baldur Orlando, unless it's someone from Zero/Ao I don't know. Given the rivalry between Zephyr and Red Constellation, that's an extremely weird grouping, even if I'm wrong about the unknown person, given how peaceful it is.

Also, Vita talking with what looks like Thomas, which is another incredibly strange pairing.

Falcom also put this image up on their twitter:

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 9, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

To me, a re-design on an adult character very strongly means future party member at some point. When almost every other adult stuck to the same, exact design except Sarah, and Claire got a re-design back in CSteel2.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lord Koth posted:

That's, uh, an interesting combination of people on one of the pictures on Rutger's page. Looks like, him, Shirley Orlando, and ???. I'm thinking the unknown might be Baldur Orlando, unless it's someone from Zero/Ao I don't know. Given the rivalry between Zephyr and Red Constellation, that's an extremely weird grouping, even if I'm wrong about the unknown person, given how peaceful it is.

Also, Vita talking with what looks like Thomas, which is another incredibly strange pairing.

Falcom also put this image up on their twitter:

Looks like Gareth, one of a couple of Red Constellation captains who didn't have portraits in Ao.

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/880314213973069824

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

lets hang out posted:

Looks like Gareth, one of a couple of Red Constellation captains who didn't have portraits in Ao.

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/880314213973069824

Ah, whoops. Neither of them have had portraits previously then, and I was trying to recognize Baldur from the in-profile background image of him/Rutger and their two corps that was in CS. Still makes the scene really strange, though not quite as much as "these two guys who killed each other are now sitting around chatting."

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Terper posted:

The most lowkey interesting thing is Thomas hanging out with Vita.

Why are people sure that's him?

I am kinda amused by amount of accessory swapping going on. Besides Tita having Joshua's pouch, Emma Misty's hat, it seems like the Red Rose Moon Girl absconded with Vita's staff, who in turn probably raided Luciola's closet for a weapon..... and Machias is apparently getting eyewear styling tips from Detective Dudley.

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 10, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

looking forward to the world's first 400-hour game

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Really Pants posted:

looking forward to the world's first 400-hour game

Seriously that or we're just going to get Cold Steel 4 a couple years later.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

OddObserver posted:

Why are people sure that's him?

I am kinda amused by amount of accessory swapping going on. Besides Tita having Joshua's pouch, Emma Misty's hat, it seems like the Red Rose Moon Girl absconded with Vita's staff, who in turn probably raided Luciola's closet for a weapon..... and Machias is apparently getting eyewear styling tips from Detective Dudley.

Had to do something with what was left of Grianos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotASmartMan
Jul 28, 2017

Tae posted:

To me, a re-design on an adult character very strongly means future party member at some point. When almost every other adult stuck to the same, exact design except Sarah, and Claire got a re-design back in CSteel2.

There was always going to be a decent chance considering she got a Mirror at the end of CS2. And Altina is definitely a party member. So wonder what the chances of the other three are?