Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

day9 is a labrador in a suit

labradors are dumb and lovable, and I love them for it.

that is a surprisingly accurate description actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

He's just a super enthusiastic goofball. He grows on you real quick. Unless you're a boring jerk I guess like the vocal reddit/goon minority

Oh no don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked about day9. I think he's great, but I literally just started watching this years ti and something just seems a little awkward to me. Maybe they just need to warm up or I just need to keep watching

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
This is gona be the best series today.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh man, it's even better from player perspective, holy gently caress.

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.
Time for a change; kick Bulba.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kevin Bacon posted:

Oh no don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked about day9. I think he's great, but I literally just started watching this years ti and something just seems a little awkward to me. Maybe they just need to warm up or I just need to keep watching

It's because the panelists poo poo talk each other and there's always this lowkey salt about previous tournaments.

And then Day9 is like HI GUYS ISN'T DOTA FUN?? I LOVE VIDEO GAMES!!

It doesn't really mesh with the bitterness because Day9 couldn't be bitter if he tried.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

kuro go home we need our cis grudge match

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I like me some Finnish Dota boys

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Asiina posted:

It's because the panelists poo poo talk each other and there's always this lowkey salt about previous tournaments.

And then Day9 is like HI GUYS ISN'T DOTA FUN?? I LOVE VIDEO GAMES!!

It doesn't really mesh with the bitterness because Day9 couldn't be bitter if he tried.

yea that's probably it. If this is your first TI you're probably not getting the undertones of the lowkey shade PPD has been mercilessly throwing all tourney long (it owns)

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Its Rinaldo posted:

I like me some Finnish Dota boys

yeah i'm really into finnish boys as well

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I usually think that all dota panels are bad and useless but the main event panels so far haven't been horrible. PPD is also a pretty good panelist.

botany posted:

call me

Reslain
Apr 29, 2009
Dammit, forgot to set my fantasy cards for today.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

day 9 and salt king are chocolate and peanut butter imo

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
akke is the sweet sweet caramel

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

:q:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Xtanstic posted:

yea that's probably it. If this is your first TI you're probably not getting the undertones of the lowkey shade PPD has been mercilessly throwing all tourney long (it owns)

ppd has been making GBS threads all over everybody in a subtle manner and does a good straight man to Day9s cut up

botany posted:

:gay::hf::gay:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i was really skeptical about day9 because i find his streaming personality feels forced and excessively optimistic/upbeat. He's done a really good job hosting this event though. When he's not carrying a whole stream by himself, it turns out his personality works fine and the things I otherwise find grating are all right when contrasted with other stuff. I just can't stand hours of solo DAY9'S INVINCIBLE HOMOGENEOUS OPTIMISM SHOW

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol a Team Empire vs Team Liquiad chant broke out. Then some people started chanting USA then others changed LFY. Then everybody started chanting. Navi

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Kevin Bacon posted:

I know exactly what you're talking about. It seems like a chemistry thing, or he's tossing questions to the panelists in a style that trips them up. There's an odd pause after almost everything he says.

I like all the presenters individually, too, so it's not like I'm looking for flaws.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
not so sure about this brood pick tbh

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Best panel TI has ever had, imo.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
https://twitter.com/follow2GD/status/895693907815669760

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Bat Bountyb shenanigans coming up

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Odpixel! :swoon:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

liquid really like their comfort picks

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Lol a Team Empire vs Team Liquiad chant broke out. Then some people started chanting USA then others changed LFY. Then everybody started chanting. Navi

lmao good poo poo

Taffer posted:

liquid really like their comfort picks

error: kuro poo poo tusk not found

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rodjer's bounty rune steal :lol:

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
that kuro tusk was so fuckin bad...

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

yikes empire

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I know exactly what you're talking about. It seems like a chemistry thing, or he's tossing questions to the panelists in a style that trips them up. There's an odd pause after almost everything he says.

I like all the presenters individually, too, so it's not like I'm looking for flaws.

Yeah exactly. Like you say it's probably a chemistry thing. I'm used to redeye who's been hosting dota stuff for a while, and the conversations just seemed to flow a lot smoother back then. But I mean it's to be expected. Day9 is new to the game, the scene and it's the first time he's on camera for any dota event, so things will probably get better after a while

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.
Let's see if Liquid has learnt from EG and try and shut down Reso before he murders them all.

Edit: Maybe not.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
going to need a new alliance furion meme for reso heroes

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Holy poo poo that courier snipe

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Elyv posted: