Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MisterOblivious posted:

Uhhhhg I wish this stupid poo poo wouldn't litter my showroom.

looks like someone is going dark for Halloween. PS costco sells bulk candies bro. maybe be a good and costco'ly neighbor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

do kids still trick or treat?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
We decided on a last minute trip to Canada and passed not one but two Costcos after the border crossing. Costco extends across all nations, all cultures & creeds. We are all equal in the eyes of value.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Meydey posted:

I know a guy who worked at one of the original hot dog carts in the early 90's (Tukwila Costco #006). And yes I said carts because it started out as a cart. Was called Cafe 150.

Polish all the way. Nothing like burping 2 hours later and saying "Yep, had a polish dog"
This is one of those wonderful times where I am so happy that I have kept up with my somethingawful account for 17 years.

I think a polish needs peppers and onions cooked in oil, maybe a little yellow mustard, and an all-beef needs condiments galore or maybe just ketchup and mustard.

Kudos to the dude who worked the cart at Tukwila Costco #006. What a wonderful company with such incredible memories.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I went to the local Costco today to get my tires rotated and notice that they installed these large, metal bars going across the entrance and exit doors to prevent people from plowing cars into them after hours.

Some people can't wait to get those deals!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I'm thinking bout them dogs, gonna get one tomorrow when I get gas.

Maybe I'll bring a pizza home too, wish they had sausage. :(

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
You can ask for a pep/sausage pizza.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Former DILF posted:

All kids either only do so in rich neighborhoods or do horrible church trunk candy harvest jesustimes

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Dely Apple posted:

All kids either only do so in rich neighborhoods or do horrible church trunk candy harvest jesustimes

We don't live in an especially affluent area but we had car loads of kids from the surrounding neighborhoods come by. I enjoyed it, but some of our neighbors were all "NIMBY!" about it.

But yeh, these days kids either commute to a better neighborhood or go to a parking lot.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Former DILF posted:

yea. they close off our street and kids come all over, it was weird the first year i moved into my apt because we had a small bago f candy and it was gone in like 3 minutes. it was like a loving disneyland ride during springbreak, just horde of kids all over.

we were better prepared next year and got 3 big bags of costco funhouse candy but was still gone in under several hours and had to turn out lights off and put out a sign.

now we're going to get like 5-6 bags i think. god bless costco

e: i don't think our street is rich, it's a mix of single-family/multiplexes and some 2-story small aprtment buildings. it's a fine neighborhood but hardly rich or even the nicest by a long shot tho. i think it just got started as tradition or something idk

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Meydey posted:

You can ask for a pep/sausage pizza.

:aaaaa: Is that by location or just not advertised on their boards?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

i had a kid come by a couple years back dressed as superman: the ride from magic mountain and i about dumped the whole bowl of candy into her bag

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Mo_Steel posted:

Its not advertised but I have asked at 3 different warehouses and no issues. The combo pizza has sausage so just have them put that on the pep. Might work with veggies also, but thats not how I roll with pizza.
They might balk if its real busy, just ask nice.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I had a hot dog today. Usually I'm a Polish kind of guy, but today I wanted that beef. No refill though because I wasn't going to sit around long enough to finish one soda, let alone two.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The Clackamas Co... Has a giant food court all open and outside?! Even an infidel could wander in.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Meydey posted:

The store I frequent told me they were all made ahead of time so there's no customization allowed.

OTOH it was less than an hour to close so that could have been a factor.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I got a free Costco pizza coming my way, which one do they do best?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

RJWaters2 posted:

I got a free Costco pizza coming my way, which one do they do best?

Go half combo half cheese FTW.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Mo_Steel posted:

You could call ahead and check. Bonus is that it'll be done at whatever time you specify.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Geoj posted:

The store I frequent told me they were all made ahead of time so there's no customization allowed.

OTOH it was less than an hour to close so that could have been a factor.
it differs by warehouse I think; one near me used to make the pizzas to order but changed a few years back so no more customs.

naem
May 29, 2011

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Mo_Steel posted:

thinking bout them dogs

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Today I went to the local Costco and of course stopped by the food court.

Wait a second...there's something different...

Roast beef sandwich! I've never seen it before! And that's not all...

Well, I had to try them! First the roast beef!

Overall not a bad sandwich and about as good as you'd get for the price in Japan. I don't know if I'll order it again though since it's by far the most expensive thing on the menu and I'd probably just go back to the hot dog.

The Hawaiian pizza was very good though, I'll definitely order it again if it's still available!

Since I didn't get a hot dog with refill I had to stop by the water vending machine instead.

Anyway, my hunger satisfied, I got my shopping done, not a bad haul today.

I don't know if it's a thing elsewhere but in Japan if you use the official Costco bags they'll pack your stuff up at the register, so no need to worry about stacking things around.

Overall another successful journey with some new surprises! PBUC!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Olanphonia posted:

You could call ahead and check. Bonus is that it'll be done at whatever time you specify.

Most definitely.

Meydey posted:

Its not advertised but I have asked at 3 different warehouses and no issues. The combo pizza has sausage so just have them put that on the pep. Might work with veggies also, but thats not how I roll with pizza.

Yeah I wouldn't argue over it, great to know though.

Gas tank nearly E, getting that dog this afternoon. Maybe some shirts too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They have Montreal Smoked Meat sandwiches at Canadian Costco which are pretty good but not a replacement for The Dog or The Pole.

Costco poutine is loving dooope though. Costco's cheese game is not to be hosed with, though you almost always have to tell them not to skimp on the gravy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Original_Z posted:

Well, I had to try them! First the roast beef!

Overall not a bad sandwich and about as good as you'd get for the price in Japan. I don't know if I'll order it again though since it's by far the most expensive thing on the menu and I'd probably just go back to the hot dog.

The Hawaiian pizza was very good though, I'll definitely order it again if it's still available!

Since I didn't get a hot dog with refill I had to stop by the water vending machine instead.

Anyway, my hunger satisfied, I got my shopping done, not a bad haul today.

I don't know if it's a thing elsewhere but in Japan if you use the official Costco bags they'll pack your stuff up at the register, so no need to worry about stacking things around.

:wow:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

What a second. That says "1/4 Pound PLUS Hotdog."

Woah.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Original_Z posted:

100% Pork Hot Dog?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Croatoan posted:

100% Pork Hot Dog?

First thing that caught my eye!

Xaris posted:

yea. they close off our street and kids come all over, it was weird the first year i moved into my apt because we had a small bago f candy and it was gone in like 3 minutes. it was like a loving disneyland ride during springbreak, just horde of kids all over.

we were better prepared next year and got 3 big bags of costco funhouse candy but was still gone in under several hours and had to turn out lights off and put out a sign.

now we're going to get like 5-6 bags i think. god bless costco

e: i don't think our street is rich, it's a mix of single-family/multiplexes and some 2-story small aprtment buildings. it's a fine neighborhood but hardly rich or even the nicest by a long shot tho. i think it just got started as tradition or something idk

In my neighborhood, I get like 80-100 kids every year.

Here is a tip: in addition to real candy, get the big barrels of Utz Bats N Jacks pretzels. They are super cheap, and surprisingly popular with kids.
My CostCo usually runs out of them pretty early, so get them soon.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
How much do I love Costco? I'm willing to forgive them for putting pineapple on a pizza, that's how much.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Original_Z posted:

That wasn't there when I was in Tokyo in April. I'm glad to see the bulgogi bake is still on the menu though because it's the best.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Croatoan posted:

100% Pork Hot Dog?

Sadly, because beef in general is so expensive in Japan, a lot of stuff is either pork of a mixture of pork and beef. I've had a whole lot of disappointing burgers in my time here due to taking a bit and a burger tasting like Salisbury steak.

When I move back to America I'll probably get a Costco membership before I get a driver's license

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Most of the world's best sausages are 100% pork and I implicitly trust Costco to provide quality products. I would eat this Korean 100% pork hot dog with free drink refill with no second thoughts.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Most of the world's best sausages are 100% pork and I implicitly trust Costco to provide quality products. I would eat this Korean 100% pork hot dog with free drink refill with no second thoughts.

Thank you for respecting the one free refill. PBUC

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I think the Taiwan food court has duck pizza, that sounds worth a try. I got a smoothie from the food court today, it was great.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
About to make a 'Tco run and had to put my foot down and ban the wife from coming this time. I'd like to make it out under 400 dollars and can't do that with her impulse buys!

PBUC

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

same but still

all beef hot dog

jim sinegal wanted it this way and i trust jim sinegal

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hes a round savings buddah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014