Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If you have two bonding points left over, you will have access to three bonding events during the evening. If you have one bonding point left over, you will have access to two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I don't recall this being the case. I thought you had to spend the day bonding points during the day, because some events are locked to that part of the day.

Unspent Bonding Points from the morning carry over to the evening. The only time you have to spend all your Bonding Points is prepping for the midterms.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Again, highly recommend any new or returning players to just download a clear save and pick Bond Bonus points as a carry over. I enjoy Jusis and Fie more since I actually get to see them, because I absolutely would not choose them over the special ones like Towa or Sarah on a 1st playthrough.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

Again, highly recommend any new or returning players to just download a clear save and pick Bond Bonus points as a carry over. I enjoy Jusis and Fie more since I actually get to see them, because I absolutely would not choose them over the special ones like Towa or Sarah on a 1st playthrough.

Yeah I probably should have done that but I'm knee deep in chapter 3 now.

I'll just maybe go back and do ng+ in a few months....maybe...I dunno. Probably won't take as long since I won't be running around and talking to every npc multiple times every story beat.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

BTW loading a clear save does mess with the fishing in Trista a little bit by giving you a chance to catch any fish in the game right from the start instead of just the ones from locations you've visited, whether you carry over the fishing book or not.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I remember nearly wrecking my controller and my fingers because of that since I was forced to catch end-game fish with the basic fishing rod.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Terper posted:

Hey I fought that boss yesterday so I loaded a save to capture some footage.

http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOQ2RvmzH63Q

polsy'd because of spoilers in the sidebar

So the strategy is just 'get lucky and hope they don't use it too much'? Good mandatory boss.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What difficulty are you playing on? The general strategy for Pit Boss is to equip anti-sleep stuff and move Rean immediately to the side so that his arch slash hits two of the Pit Demons, while you kill the third one.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

So the strategy is just 'get lucky and hope they don't use it too much'? Good mandatory boss.

I outlined a strategy in the description that would increase your chances of survival. You could also make a bunch of HP Quartz, spread out more, cook better/more food... I was just lazy. And this is on Nightmare so.

e: lol hard mode :gitgud:

Put Raven and La Crest on someone and together with Elliot you'll easily outspeed them and buff your defense.

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 10, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Hard, since everyone kept saying Normal was too easy - I don't think it would have been much less of a problem there though. I won when the same thing happened in the video, they just all moved closer instead of spamming their best move.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How many cute boys are in this game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

How many cute boys are in this game

at least a dozen

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Rean, Elliot, Gaius, Jusis, Machias, Crow, George, Patrick, Alan, Loggins, Rufus, Munk, Count Gordi, off the top of my head.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Rean, Elliot, Gaius, Jusis, Machias, Crow, George, Patrick, Alan, Loggins, Rufus, Munk, Count Gordi, off the top of my head.

also olivier and mueller

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

also olivier and mueller

They go without saying.

Also probably toval I dunno.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Terper posted:

I outlined a strategy in the description that would increase your chances of survival. You could also make a bunch of HP Quartz, spread out more, cook better/more food... I was just lazy. And this is on Nightmare so.

e: lol hard mode :gitgud:

Put Raven and La Crest on someone and together with Elliot you'll easily outspeed them and buff your defense.

Yeah that was how I got it, sorry for being rude. But even in your video they decide to move closer, and that just makes the fight way easier if they do (I assume it's not scripted to happen at least). I tried using Dark Matter to pull them together but it didn't seem to do anything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that guy's video relies on them moving closer because he doesn't use delay crafts or s-crafts and has a bad team set-up

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yup. I find OG Cold Steel too easy so I'm deliberately gimping myself and using weird characters.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Are Jusis and Gaius not very good?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Jusis is good thanks to his support crafts. At this moment, he has no support crafts. :v: Gaius is somewhat underrated, I think, since his crafts and slots are actually pretty drat decent for crowd control.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is this not a game where you can just use your favourites

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Certain party members are stronger but everyone can pull their weight.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You absolutely can. I'm playing suboptimally on the hardest mode. Go for whatever.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

You can. Just not on nightmare on a new game easily.

Edit: also I'm only on hard but Gaius sealing and muting everyone is hilarious.

Really giving him and rean 4 different status effects has made chapter 3 a cakewalk so far.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah gaius isn't amazing for all situations but in certain fights, especially the one practical exam, his crafts are life savers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

you absolutely can use all your favorites especially since the best character in the game, is the protagonist

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway i'm gonna say playing on hard i had a bit of trouble with the pit demons but they are nowhere near the boss at the end of chapter 2 in how frustrated i got fighting them

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

you absolutely can use all your favorites especially since the best character in the game, is the protagonist

But Laura isn't the protagonist?!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

But Laura isn't the protagonist?!
true i guess delay only goes from 'really good' to 'literally breaks the game' in cs2

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Delay doesn't seem to work on some of the school bosses.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you gotta stack delay super high from equips/quartz. nothing in the game is completely immune to it, they just have high rates of resistance.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Endorph posted:

you gotta stack delay super high from equips/quartz. nothing in the game is completely immune to it, they just have high rates of resistance.

In CS2 I just evasion tank bosses to death

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Tae posted:

Delay doesn't seem to work on some of the school bosses.

You can actually see the delay effectiveness in the analysis screen, and some bosses do indeed have it at 0 or 20%

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Apparantly stacking additional delay quartz on your character and being under the influence of a speed buff raises the chance of a delay effect hitting, despite enemy resistence.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i like the boss fights, in this game. i hope i stop collecting salt, or grapes, or cheese, or leaves, for people, eventually, but until then i am having fun fighting bosses.

crow, george, angelica, and towa all feel like they have a way cooler jrpg party

wow...im in chapter 3 and i JUST figured out you can stack buffs...

GulagDolls fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 11, 2017

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Erpy posted:

Apparantly stacking additional delay quartz on your character and being under the influence of a speed buff raises the chance of a delay effect hitting, despite enemy resistence.

I knew the delay quartz stacking part, but speed buffs raise the rate too? That's insanely busted, especially with Fie getting a delay effect on her best craft and final level of the Raven master quartz.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
lol'd when I saw the quest name addicted to bath salts. xseed is so good.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Lots of the game's sidequest names are either puns or have double meanings.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I really liked the descriptions of the schoolhouse exploration quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This is a game where you can use your faves and it just happens that the objective best faves (laura and fie) are really good in combat.

• Locked thread