Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I always season before bagging.

I won't get home until the 16 hour mark but I will pull it then . Thanks.

According to what I have read, you generally want to avoid garlic during the puddling phase. It can end up tasting funky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

mindphlux posted:

cdc

I know you've stopped doing this at this point as far as I can tell

but literally please do not post another thing about your thing on the internet. lawyer up if you haven't already. as someone who is surrounded by attorneys constantly, it sounds like you have a pretty clear claim, maybe OSHA, but ianal. no need to reply to this post, just blink once if you understand how serious I'm being right now.

after you settle please post an independent thread on the proceedings.

Additionally, cdc, when both legal cases are resolved, please post a pic of yourself since at that point you will fully resemble your av at all times. :homebrew:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Samizdata posted:

According to what I have read, you generally want to avoid garlic during the puddling phase. It can end up tasting funky.

Yeah garlic goes on during the seat at the end. I do salt and whole herbs during the puddle.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Yeah garlic goes on during the seat at the end. I do salt and whole herbs during the puddle.

I should have known better from your posts, but I do what I can to help.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Samizdata posted:

I should have known better from your posts, but I do what I can to help.

It's all good dude. All advice is appreciated.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

24 hours is a bit long for prime rib. I'd say 12-14 for that traditional texture. Hopefully you salted it before bagging. Take it out, pat it dry, pepper and garlic the poo poo out of it and roast at 400 for 15-20min.

134 is fine though. I usually just leave my anova at 134 for everything except beans and root vegetables.

Came out a liiiiiiittle bit too soft at 18 hours but I got home late so gently caress it.

Tasted delicious though.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Came out a liiiiiiittle bit too soft at 18 hours but I got home late so gently caress it.

Tasted delicious though.

Bet you're glad I don't live in your neighborhood...

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Tasted delicious though.

Sounds like that would be a perfect candidate for cold sliced prime rib sandwiches.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Midniter posted:

Sounds like that would be a perfect candidate for cold sliced prime rib sandwiches.

Or prime rib smoothies, mmm.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Just lay thin slices of it on a black rye crouton with a little dab of horseradish sauce.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

gently caress all of you for making me want prime rib for lunch.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Shooting Blanks posted:

gently caress all of you for making me want prime rib for lunch.

It made a really good sandwich

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Errant Gin Monks posted:

It made a really good sandwich

Hey, Shooting Blanks, I say we take a road trip to Monks' house, and you, well, not shoot blanks. And we have amazing sandwiches.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Samizdata posted:

Hey, Shooting Blanks, I say we take a road trip to Monks' house, and you, well, not shoot blanks. And we have amazing sandwiches.

Goonmeet for Gooncooks?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
OH BOY FINISHING OUT YOUR EMPLOYMENT PAPERWORK SURE IS A GREAT TIME TO FIND OUT YOUR ID EXPIRED

I don't think it hurt anything too bad, and its not like I'm starving to death with an additional week until start, but shiiiiiiiiiiit there ain't nothing on this earth quite like making a tremendous rear end out of yourself 10 minutes after meeting HR

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Willie Tomg posted:

OH BOY FINISHING OUT YOUR EMPLOYMENT PAPERWORK SURE IS A GREAT TIME TO FIND OUT YOUR ID EXPIRED

I don't think it hurt anything too bad, and its not like I'm starving to death with an additional week until start, but shiiiiiiiiiiit there ain't nothing on this earth quite like making a tremendous rear end out of yourself 10 minutes after meeting HR

Hey at least you can be banquet chef soon, lol.

I've got an interview next week for an exec position at a trendy small plates type place that does 2-300 covers a night. Should be fun.

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe

I've got an interview next week for an exec position at a trendy small plates type place that does 2-300 covers a night. Should be fun.

That sounds like hell, but good luck. (There's a few reasons why I chose my current place, and high up on the list are "no breakfast/brunch" and "big motherfucking plates, most people max out at two courses")

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Naelyan posted:

That sounds like hell, but good luck. (There's a few reasons why I chose my current place, and high up on the list are "no breakfast/brunch" and "big motherfucking plates, most people max out at two courses")

Yeah, this place is lunch and dinner only, closed sun/Mon. Sounds like a good gig, and the restaurant group owns about 40 concepts across the US.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I have never been to as many brand new, completely doomed restaurants as I have over the past month in Charleston, SC.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Goonmeet for Gooncooks?

Free leftover SV prime rib sarnies? If I wasn't a poor, I would be down.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Samizdata posted:

You two make it out to SoCal you can have a sandwich.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Errant Gin Monks posted:

You two make it out to SoCal you can have a sandwich.

Ex SoCal boy here, anyway.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Willie Tomg posted:

had the same exp but at the door of a dispensary during my trip to portland last year

so glad some of them were chill and realized someone prob wasn't going to pretend to be 36 and from nebraska

also lol that i made it through TSA like 4x no problem

----

oh and uh we're super busy every night rn and life is pain. namaste y'all

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Discendo Vox posted:

I have never been to as many brand new, completely doomed restaurants as I have over the past month in Charleston, SC.

Remember when you were excited to see a pho place open near you for the first time?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

You haven't been to Houston recently, have you?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

had the same exp but at the door of a dispensary during my trip to portland last year

so glad some of them were chill and realized someone prob wasn't going to pretend to be 36 and from nebraska

also lol that i made it through TSA like 4x no problem

----

oh and uh we're super busy every night rn and life is pain. namaste y'all

At least you have a medical dope card. My WA buddy with one says the poo poo he gets is AMAYzing!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
dope is heroin

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Taima posted:

dope is heroin

Still fits.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samizdata posted:

At least you have a medical dope card. My WA buddy with one says the poo poo he gets is AMAYzing!

Assuming WA means the state of Washington, you don't need a card.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Lol, I am up to 4 sous, 3 exec sous, and 1 exec chef offer, all within a week.

Man, I've been selling myself short these past few years.

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe

That was me the last time I was "looking for work" too. Didn't even bother updating my resume, sent 2 text messages and a facebook message and had 5 job offers in 48 hours. The industry is awful most of the time, but sometimes it's nice.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hell is co-workers

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Assuming WA means the state of Washington, you don't need a card.

He never really covered that with me. Just that he had gotten the script and was using a dispensary. Guess I just assumed he needed a card (Like in my state). I can't get one anyway, as the place I work gets a slice of federal funding, so, although it is legal in my state, I fail a random even WITH a script, I am job hunting again.

Happy for him though, he used to have such paralyzing anxiety and agoraphobia issues, he would get twitchy in MMOs.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Time to bust out the Henessy, no? Grats, bud!

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

iospace posted:

Hell is co-workers

That's why doing the friday closing shift solo is so rad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samizdata posted:

He never really covered that with me. Just that he had gotten the script and was using a dispensary. Guess I just assumed he needed a card (Like in my state). I can't get one anyway, as the place I work gets a slice of federal funding, so, although it is legal in my state, I fail a random even WITH a script, I am job hunting again.

Happy for him though, he used to have such paralyzing anxiety and agoraphobia issues, he would get twitchy in MMOs.

It's legal for anyone over the age of 21 to buy marijuana in Washington state, no card required beyond ID proving your age. If you're in Seattle there's a poo poo ton of stores too, not sure what the availability is like outside the city though,

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

It's legal for anyone over the age of 21 to buy marijuana in Washington state, no card required beyond ID proving your age. If you're in Seattle there's a poo poo ton of stores too, not sure what the availability is like outside the city though,

Well, that is disturbingly commonsense. Although, in my case, if I DID get a script, I don't even know where to buy it over the counter. There's no legit dispensaries I know of anywhere close. The nearest is 45 minutes away one way. State thing. Apparently hideously understaffed and understocked AND a lovely selection of options from what I read.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

They're all over the place in the Tacoma area.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Uncle Lizard posted:

They're all over the place in the Tacoma area.

King County continues to be the best county.

Edit: Also apologies for having to live in Tacoma.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

That's why doing the friday closing shift solo is so rad.

We're a 24 hour place. Guess who had to stay late until a replacement came yesterday.