Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

tpink posted:

I dunno how confident in your scum abilities one would have to be to rack up like 200 posts as scum after one day :shrug:

pretty good :ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

tpink posted:

You are surprised that I showed up as we are getting close to deadline? Really?

That's what you took away from my post?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

More than anything, I'm disappointed that I'm not on MT's "D1 reprieve" list.

She has surpassed Hats.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Bifauxnen posted:

It would tell me that okay, maybe the people who looked like they were rushing to his defense weren't full of crap after all

You get that from any town flip

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Max posted:

That's what you took away from my post?

Yes. You said / implied that I only showed up because I was being discussed as lynch candidate. I showed up bc we are getting close to deadline.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

You get that from any town flip

Well.... Yeah? What more do you want here it is still D1

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Pink, who of the people who have votes right now do you think is scummy?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I don't want to vote pera right now

I'm suspicious of Bif but I wanna give her more rope to hang herself with

I'm frustrated with Hats but not suspicious

I'll give Quid botd

comes down to tpink and gif for me

out of the two, I think a gif flip will tell us more either way right now due to more posts from him/surrounding him in general

##vote gif Probst

1) why do you think that gif will give us more information? you say that it is due to there being more posts from/around him, but i think this is clearly untrue unless i am not taking your meaning.

2) why should we lynch for information instead of flipping the player we think is most likely to be scum?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I don't want to vote pera right now

I'm suspicious of Bif but I wanna give her more rope to hang herself with

I'm frustrated with Hats but not suspicious

I'll give Quid botd

comes down to tpink and gif for me

out of the two, I think a gif flip will tell us more either way right now due to more posts from him/surrounding him in general

##vote gif Probst

I really don't like this. We're at an hour to deadline with the vote split between two people at -7, and you say "I don't like either of those" and vote for a guy with 2 votes. Are you just trying to get your prefered lynch on record? Are you willing to switch to a vote leader to avoid a nl, or do you feel like they should survive another day even if it means a nl?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Driving home, be back in a little bit, but just saying someone is town and another person who is not going to be voted probably is scum is hrmmmm.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm

Rolling the dice

##vote pera

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress, people are gonna need to start changing votes soon

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Mithross posted:

Are you willing to switch to a vote leader to avoid a nl,

yes

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

It would tell me that okay, maybe the people who looked like they were rushing to his defense weren't full of crap after all

You don't think there's any chance that scum would defend him in order to look town?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

gently caress, people are gonna need to start changing votes soon

Max
Nov 30, 2002

pera is now the vote leader.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

More than anything, I'm disappointed that I'm not on MT's "D1 reprieve" list.

She has surpassed Hats.

Does the whole 'rolefishing' thing still play into your read on me?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

After reading things over gonna go with ##vote gif Probst I still can't remember exactly what about him pinged me earlier but looking him over I'm not a fan of him parking his vote on Hats so early and then never moving it or reexamining it at all.

I'll be around to move my vote if needed.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I would like Bif alive. I have a plan.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

why yes, you did post while I was typing that, well done

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

why yes, you did post while I was typing that, well done

i'm not deliberately trying to antagonize you, but did you not look at the votecount? i have to wonder what tnl is doing too. like we have time to flip if we need to but i don't think gif is a smart vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

You don't think there's any chance that scum would defend him in order to look town?

Of course there's that chance, but I would at least not look at everyone with this already-super-suss viewpoint of thinking they must be defending a scumbro.

You read like you are trying very hard to find any possible way to interpret my posts badly. Quite the opposite of your usual "let's all try to solve misunderstandings!'ways. I really really hope you are scum or so help me I'm taking it to 2.9, and you better NK me tonight if you can't pull this off today cause your reprieve is over tomorrow.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birdstrike posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/824321110200221697

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I like him for scum more than pera, also thought the candidates were closer in votes than they are.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh jesus it's 12 to lynch.

##unvote ##vote pera

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Bif vote for gif

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Eight Dollars posted:

Pink, who of the people who have votes right now do you think is scummy?

Not Bif, for reasons I said above. Probst somewhat - I just reread his stuff and there's not much real content there at all (yeah yeah, glass houses, I get it). Not pera, esp not after seeing a few votes on them pile on quickly, and bc I don't see the case aside from general pera weirdness. Honestly MT still pinging me just based on tjat one callout of me bc it seemed super out of character and odd.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

is it a good plan?

Somberbrero posted:

i'm not deliberately trying to antagonize you, but did you not look at the votecount? i have to wonder what tnl is doing too. like we have time to flip if we need to but i don't think gif is a smart vote.

I literally realized about the votecount right after I'd posted my vote. I counted twice to make sure because I'm like that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

To which game?

huniepop

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sandwolf is in this game??? Been real quiet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Bif vote for gif

sure I can try that for a while in case you got some fun shenanigans

##vote gif Probst

Birdstrike posted:

you're not going to do evil lawyer things to me are you

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Remember Temple?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

even if I'm wrong about Hats, we'll learn that his spec was genuine, and that is a good thing to know

---

it doesn't mean his speculation was true, but it means we could take it more seriously. Also, I believe the opportunity cost of "mislunching a townie D1" is very small for the potential gains in the case of Hats being scum.

---

We'd see when we get there. I'm just really extra curious about seeing if he's scum though.

---

I'm certain of who I want to lunch most. I have certainly not failed to look at and case and consider other people. But among all those people who I also feel unsure about, I feel more sure about Hats, and I feel sure that Hats would be the most potentially valuable to flip. It would be far more foolish imo to vote someone other than Hats.

---

oh, TMM - one other thing I really wanna find out from lunching Hats is whether or not the people who just don't get me on this case need to be looked at with extra scrutiny for potentially backing up a scumbro.

---

Hats is at the top. There has also been much interaction and discussion over the Hats case, so a Hats flip would give us lots of potential connections to look at. And his flip may give us some more insights to think about regarding the setup and his opinions on them, admittedly I don't know what yet

Bifauxnen posted:

Of course there's that chance, but I would at least not look at everyone with this already-super-suss viewpoint of thinking they must be defending a scumbro.

You read like you are trying very hard to find any possible way to interpret my posts badly. Quite the opposite of your usual "let's all try to solve misunderstandings!'ways. I really really hope you are scum or so help me I'm taking it to 2.9, and you better NK me tonight if you can't pull this off today cause your reprieve is over tomorrow.

You're the one who says, lots of times, that it'd be worth it to lynch a town Hats because of the info it would provide us, so I don't think it's a particularly non-reasonable question on my part to ask exactly how that information would help us.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Remember Temple?

Did you do that there too? Is that just your thing?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

You're the one who says, lots of times, that it'd be worth it to lynch a town Hats because of the info it would provide us, so I don't think it's a particularly non-reasonable question on my part to ask exactly how that information would help us.

I said that in response to you asking me all that "but oh nooo what if Hats is town?!" stuff. I was trying to explain why I am not losing sleep over maybe being wrong on D1!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

sure I can try that for a while in case you got some fun shenanigans

##vote gif Probst

you're not going to do evil lawyer things to me are you

uhh sure why not :shrug:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm not gonna move my vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

you know what else I said lots of times? That I just thought Hats was scum. The bits of his setup spec that sounded fake to me, manufactured after the fact. But you don't like to look at those posts.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

uhh sure why not :shrug:

Birb was there any special day action reason you wanted me to vote gif cause I don't think that's actually going anywhere and I do still think tpink is better as a candidate that even people who wanna lunch me could maybe get behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I kinda want pera alive to see my plan too. It's gonna be great :smugdon:

• Locked thread