Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm torn on if the writer is crazy, it's a joke letter, or the dude cheated on her and rather than dump his rear end she gave him an insane list of directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

As to why, well

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Deltasquid posted:

Crazy girls use Apple products so the maker of that probably used whatever the mac equivalent of word is, where you can insert smileys directly from a drop-down menu or something. IDK, but those are definitely mac/iPhone smileys.

:zoid:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Len posted:

I'm torn on if the writer is crazy, it's a joke letter, or the dude cheated on her and rather than dump his rear end she gave him an insane list of directions.

It reads like the last option there but it is still crazy as gently caress

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Len posted:

she is crazy even if he cheated on her

also, "you cheated on me, so part of your rules are that you can't ask me for oral" is a very bad plan

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Don't ask for head" is basically her saying they're breaking up. It's so he'll end it and she can say she tried to fix it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
His plan was for this to be found so the police could find his killer.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

shut up blegum posted:

I know, but do you copy/paste them in word or whatever? And why?

Emojis are characters in the unicode spec. They're shown using fonts like any other characters. Any text editor that supports unicode & fonts should be able to display and print them (which would be most these days).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

His plan was for this to be found so the police could find his killer.

The list of demands actually doesn't sound so bad if you imagine she just found out he was a serial killer. Asking for head could take on a whole new meaning.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The list of demands actually doesn't sound so bad if you imagine she just found it he was a serial killer. Asking for head could take on a whole new meaning.
Viral marketing campaign for Dexter reboot spotted.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

theflyingorc posted:

she is crazy even if he cheated on her

also, "you cheated on me, so part of your rules are that you can't ask me for oral" is a very bad plan

It always surprises me when you see someone with absolutely no understanding of hooman psychology.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Weed Dad posted:

I've been smoke-free for about 4 months now and have since bought a new car with the money I'm saving. Smoke if you want to, but don't surrender to the addiction. Once I knew I was ready to quit I didn't have an issue at all.

myDad posted:

Nice! 👍

Gay Weed Dad posted:

For the first time in my life my dad is proud of me :(

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

shut up blegum posted:

I know, but do you copy/paste them in word or whatever? And why?

Each emoji has a code point in unicode, a standard for text. This is a reference number, usually in hexidecimal - our pal 🤔 is 0x1f914. Various programs let you convert one to the other. So long as your font supports the given character, you can use them just like normal ASCII text.

There's no difference, really, between 'b' and β and 🤔 and 💩.

Why? I can't answer that.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Eela6 posted:

Each emoji has a code point in unicode, a standard for text. This is a reference number, usually in hexidecimal - our pal 🤔 is 0x1f914. Various programs let you convert one to the other. So long as your font supports the given character, you can use them just like normal ASCII text.

There's no difference, really, between 'b' and β and 🤔 and 💩.

Why? I can't answer that.

There's even some programming oriented fonts with crazy ligatures. In applications that support it != turns into ≠ and => into ⇒. Both characters are still there, but only one glyph is shown.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Len posted:

it's a boring af sub/dom relationship contract. they need to spice that poo poo up a bit

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

insane list of mental demands and the goons are discussing the emojis

just another day at the office

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Len posted:

Dude stuffed the list in his glovebox and sold the whole car rather than deal with it ever again, and I can't say I blame him.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A couple of them like "You are not to get mad at me about a single thing ever again" or the one where he has to silently turn and walk away if a girl talks to him under any circumstances make it sound like a joke letter to me but if so it's not a very funny joke

I think I'm leaning toward "insane person is cheated on but seizes the opportunity to set up the controlling abusive relationship she always wanted"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There are absolutely dumb girls who think that is how a Good Boyfriend acts, and there are absolutely dumb boys who will stick around in a relationship like that if you'll just give me one more chance, baby, I swear, I'll do anything, just take me back

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
the man jerks off to it all, it's fine

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
When a mod pulls a quote != edit

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gently caress!

On the app the where the quote button used to be is the edit button now :saddowns:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
it looked like the laziest self-congratulatory back-pat and I was kinda confused until I saw the "Somebody hosed around with" at the bottom, then it got really funny

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

gently caress!

On the app the where the quote button used to be is the edit button now :saddowns:
It's even worse when you're an admin, because no message appears.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

At one point the android version of the app added a Close Thread button up at the top where Post used to be, so for a week I would keep accidentally closing threads.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
dont you nerds have like IT jobs or something?

drat

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

theflyingorc posted:

i am struggling to decipher the context of "Ewwey"

Pig latin? :shrug:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That note seems pretty par for the course for a popular teenage girl to write, after consulting with her group of friends. Of course, if you spent your teenage years masturbating alone in your rooms and playing video games, you likely missed that part of junior high culture.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

FactsAreUseless posted:

At one point the android version of the app added a Close Thread button up at the top where Post used to be, so for a week I would keep accidentally closing threads.

How many times are you allowed to gently caress with other people's posts before you lose mod privileges? Is it like the president and his two free CIA hits?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Picnic Princess posted:

That note seems pretty par for the course for a popular teenage girl to write, after consulting with her group of friends. Of course, if you spent your teenage years masturbating alone in your rooms and playing video games, you likely missed that part of junior high culture.

Are you really trying to own people by saying you're more of an expert on junior high girls

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Danaru posted:

Are you really trying to own people by saying you're more of an expert on junior high girls

Considering I once was a teenage girl and friends with many for almost a decade, yes?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Danaru posted:

Also I'm sorry to say even if you dated in grade school that is noooooooooooooot normal.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ever since I got the buttons I've been waiting for my first accidental close/gas

sneakyfrog posted:

dont you nerds have like IT jobs or something?

drat

I think like every third post I make comes with the caveat "I'm really dumb tho"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Picnic Princess posted:

Do a lot of junior high kids go to Honda?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Danaru posted:

Picnic Princess posted:

Considering I once was a teenage girl and friends with many for almost a decade, yes?

God I love a good self-own

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's even worse when you're an admin, because no message appears.

That sounds like an admission. Is there a humorous story to tell, or just one of those things?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Ever since I got the buttons I've been waiting for my first accidental close/gas
Gassing sends you to a confirm page

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

That sounds like an admission. Is there a humorous story to tell, or just one of those things?
I use it to edit typos out of my posts, then edit them out of any posts that quoted it, without people noticing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

FactsAreUseless posted:

I use it to edit typos out of my posts, then edit them out of any posts that quoted it, without people noticing.

Quoting this for potential future forums drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Outrail posted:

Quoting this for potential future forums drama.
Are you, though? :grin: