Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Carl Sagan is that you

No but I did finish reading Demon Haunted World on Sunday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Samuringa posted:

So we probably won't be getting a Tales Season 2 :(

i'm fine with this tbh

i'd rather tales be its own Cool Thing That Got Made instead of getting a second season that takes a horrible nosedive

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They're firing video game guys for being extremely horny online? Seriously? Everything got deleted so I have no idea how bad this poo poo was.

Well he was presumably an at will employee so they could fire him without cause if they wanted. But no companies want to have even a faint look of defending sexual harassment.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They're firing video game guys for being extremely horny online? Seriously? Everything got deleted so I have no idea how bad this poo poo was.
he hit on coworkers who were technically beneath him in the food chain and eighteen year old girls, asked for nudes from totally random women, and demanded none of them ever tell anyone else

he isnt a rapist or anything but that is really loving skeevy

and he was one of polygon's biggest PR guys and public faces, looking bad in the public eye is literally the opposite of his job description.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lol that he thinks the only thing bad about what he did was that he did it while famous. I hope he never posts again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imagine if you wrote articles for cnn.com and one of the anchors (iunno any of the cnn anchors' names) was like 'hahaha hey what are u wearing ;)' thatd be loving weird

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

he asked some women for nudes, which is bein' a creeper to be sure. though early reports were crazy like what if he's a pedophile or a rapist or whatever and no, he just sexted people. the anthony wiener of lovely youtube videos

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

he asked some women for nudes, which is bein' a creeper to be sure. though early reports were crazy like what if he's a pedophile or a rapist or whatever and no, he just sexted people. the anthony wiener of lovely youtube videos

Early reports were that he was a pedophile rapist who was cheating on his wife

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

car boys was really good, is the hosed up part. tbf they were working with insanely good material

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Endorph posted:

imagine if you wrote articles for cnn.com and one of the anchors (iunno any of the cnn anchors' names) was like 'hahaha hey what are u wearing ;)' thatd be loving weird

That's literally Chris Cillizza, who made weird tweets about his co-worker's feet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

an actual dog posted:

That's literally Chris Cillizza, who made weird tweets about his co-worker's feet
why does he have a last name like a minor gundam villain

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wolf Blitzer mails you a gramophone, you put it on your victrola but it just sounds like noise until you notice the cursive handwriting that says to play it at 33 rpm and when you do its his voice whispering "Please fax me naked photographs", basically

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

littleorv posted:

i'm glad he wasn't a pedophile rapist

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I don't get foot fetishes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You can still like the content someone creates even if you don't like the person, thankfully

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

littleorv posted:

This is literally the only place I saw the "reports of him being a pedophile rapist" stuff come up+

FirstAidKite posted:

You can still like the content someone creates even if you don't like the person, thankfully

It depends on how far you're willing to let the whole "separate the art from the artist" go. Everyone's limit on that is gonna be different. See: Jontron

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

It depends on how far you're willing to let the whole "separate the art from the artist" go. Everyone's limit on that is gonna be different. See: Jontron

Exactly, and that's perfectly fine. It is okay to be comfortable with separating the art from the artist in one scenario but not in another scenario. It doesn't have to be a blanket statement across everything.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that apology seems way more sincere than any internet personality apology i've ever seen but whether or not he'll genuinely take anything away from this seems pretty up in the air

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh there are issues with it (like randomly asking women for nudes would be weird even if you didnt have a whopping 70k twitter followers dude) but he at least kinda seems to mean it. hopefully he doesnt turn into a video game nazi

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

So you mean I can't go around asking random women for nudes even though I'm not internet famous?

drat shame

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wonder if the reaction would be this muted if the creep worked at, say, Gearbox.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Sorry I asked for nudes after I became famous

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/dril/status/872598537426653186

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Even the people that seemed to be directly involved were saying they didn't want him to be drawn and quartered, they just wanted him to realize that what he did was lovely and to stop being lovely. Who knows how much he really understands and is willing to change, but that's the thing with restorative justice, there's never going to be a definitive moment when it's over, and it was never a thing that would be resolved in a day. Like if this is a politician's apology and he actually continues to be lovely in the long run, well, that will also come out in the fullness of time.

At the very least it's a lot better than doubling down and starting a Patreon to fund your right-wing podcast/YouTube, which is the more typical reaction

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He just got fired today. Give it time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

#NoManSkyLeaks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Atlas rose but i shrugged.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
atlas sharted

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

homeless snail posted:

#NoManSkyLeaks

A procedural mission system could be really good or really bad *go collect 10 blahaagag*

E:steamdb isn't showing an update yet, you got me excited

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I will never play No Man's sky

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

More like uhhh... Fatlas cries(es).

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Norns posted:

I will never play No Man's sky
its good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I could only stomach playing No Man's Sky for like three hours, but I have probably listened to the soundtrack for at least 30, so at least some good came from that game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMvCzPnDoRo

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/892879339401773056

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think it's kind of interesting to think that if the Overcooked Switch port had been higher quality, all of this may never have happened.

...all the pieces matter~

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

homeless snail posted:

#NoManSkyLeaks

Procedural procdeural pocdurudlra puclakdhlklg procbiulzurlal

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Wow nice procedural word generator

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think it's kind of interesting to think that if the Overcooked Switch port had been higher quality, all of this may never have happened.

...all the pieces matter~

team 17 got tired of putting out worms so they decided to put someone out of a job instead

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Well, he's not wrong. That zoom-in feature can be really finicky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Is it better to take dick pics portrait or landscape

• Locked thread