Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

That rules. Thanks for including the "Magnificent" !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

summed up the vault/red/jackie/magpie plan as best I could to make sure i get it

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
To provide some clarifying detail of what I was thinking: Magpie has taken over an isolated department store type building, where the structures around it have collapsed. So it's defensible with only a couple ways in - the front door, and some doors on the old loading docks. Magpie keeps the slaves on the first couple floors up from ground so it's harder for them to get out.

On like the second floor or so, near the slave pens, there's an old fire escape door that's supposed to have been bricked up, but isn't. The fire escape itself has been removed, though, and the door only opens from the inside. Hence the plan.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Jimmie Christmas, See is just not having a good day. I guess she shouldn't leave the infirmary.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Hey just FYI I'm gonna be away on vacation Wednesday through Sunday, I'll try to post during that time but it'll probably be one post per day max.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Sorry about that, Monday was kind of hectic, post forthcoming in a few minutes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

well the 'verter has been pretty well messily uninstalled from wherever it was already - that's why it's sitting on the table - but it's still (probably) intact, just with wires and cables sticking out of it, since whoever did it didn't want to mess with the connections per se

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Whoops, misunderstood the circumstances a bit, let me edit that post a bit real quick

e: there we go, edited to take into account the fact that it was already unplugged

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 2, 2017

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Captain Foo is it kosher to respond to The Mayor, or should I wait for the incoming Hard Move to land?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chat away.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

seadee see is not chillstabbing the mayor until later, right?

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Captain Foo posted:

seadee see is not chillstabbing the mayor until later, right?

Correct. Since the mayor is at 6:00, I figure its better to have a functional but in pain quasi-ally

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

Correct. Since the mayor is at 6:00, I figure its better to have a functional but in pain quasi-ally

👍

update tomorrow

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

That's about what I expected to happen.

So given who Vault is, even though it's probably a bad idea I was going to try and take the gun from Jackie and then kill everybody. Would that fall under the new Seize by Force?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

That's about what I expected to happen.

So given who Vault is, even though it's probably a bad idea I was going to try and take the gun from Jackie and then kill everybody. Would that fall under the new Seize by Force?

Yes. Jackie's revolver is a big fuckin gun and it's 3-harm, ap since it's at your face; Walter's rifle is 2-harm but he is fighting in close quarters so he's not likely to get a shot off, honestly.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I rolled an 8 and am choosing:
• You take definite and undeniable control of it.

I'm leaning towards:
• You inflict terrible harm (+1harm).

but since I also have NOT TO BE hosed WITH I'm not sure I need the extra damage.

For narrative purposes, I was also wondering if I should just describe killing Jackie and Walter?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hm well... I think NOT TO BE hosed WITH doesn't apply in this case since it's not really a pitched battle, if that makes sense. Jackie's gun does 3-harm, which is enough to kill either of them. If you want to cleanly kill them both, you might want to pick up an extra harm. or one of them might survive, since you need 4-harm to reliably kill two NPCs.

Unless you're interested in talking to either of them, you can go ahead and kill them both, though.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Makes sense. I'll grab the extra harm then - it's definitely Vault's MO to "solve" this problem by making everyone dead. And then realize it's created a whole bunch more problems.

Post up soon.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Post coming today, sorry about that. I try to post once per day but Sundays and Mondays are generally bad days for me.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
I'll be posting too, got sidetracked by the end of summer semester

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Let's see just how much more screwed up Vault can make this situation.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Michael_jackson_eats_popcorn.gif

(Phoneposting, best I could do)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

well, you can gtfo as fast as you can or you can look for loot, but you don't have time for both...

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Fair enough, I was going more for the "anything I can literally grab on the way out" than any sort of proper looting.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Fair enough, I was going more for the "anything I can literally grab on the way out" than any sort of proper looting.

you could take the gun if you don't want to put it down, but otherwise you'll have to spend a few moments to sort everything out

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Well, I have "gently caress This poo poo" so I'll risk it.

EDIT: I'm imagining the revolver is immediately identifiable as "Jackie's gun." Which brings up a question - is it AP inherently, or due to the ammo she was using? If it's inherent then I'd take it but not if it's the ammo.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 9, 2017

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Well, I have "gently caress This poo poo" so I'll risk it.

EDIT: I'm imagining the revolver is immediately identifiable as "Jackie's gun." Which brings up a question - is it AP inherently, or due to the ammo she was using? If it's inherent then I'd take it but not if it's the ammo.

nah it's AP because it was pointed at your face, i'd give it (3-harm loud close reload ornate)

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Fair enough, I'll pass on it. It's a nice gun but not nice enough to be worth the headache of people being able to ID it.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Hey Captain Foo, is the fighting outside bad enough that will I need to roll under fire to get from the house to the hole?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

Hey Captain Foo, is the fighting outside bad enough that will I need to roll under fire to get from the house to the hole?

we'll say....yes, but you get +1 due to the sitch roll

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Captain Foo posted:

we'll say....yes, but you get +1 due to the sitch roll

Coolness, gonna give Mister Bates a chance to come up with a better plan than 'just run really fast' but I figured I'd ask

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Vault endorses the run really fast plan.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

PoultryGeist posted:

Coolness, gonna give Mister Bates a chance to come up with a better plan than 'just run really fast' but I figured I'd ask

As a matter of fact, no, I do not have a better plan

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Dunno if I'm getting too cute there, I can change Max's contact in the Charming Grandsons if Guo Lin's too much a pain in the neck.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

that's fine

i would also like to point out that despite their use of language, I don't believe the Church is a religious organization, really

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Cool, I'll back off that angle.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm amused by the concept of a hardcore hierarchical gang taking the language and building of a church but none of their beliefs

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'll address this a bit in some upcoming posts I guess

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Before I try to get the gently caress out, I want to make sure I follow the trade offs for my options.

Option 1: Try to find more stuff in here before I split, will definitely end up fighting some of Jackie's goons.

Option 2
: Head West, this is the safest but it'll take a while to loop back around anywhere else. Will avoid Jackie's goons, but might run into some of Magpie's.

Option 3: Head South, this will get to me to medical attention fastest. But I'll probably run into Jackie's goons, and it'll take me a while to loop back East (on top of whatever time medical takes).

Option 4 (?): Head East, this will get me to Red's soonest. But I'll probably run into Jackie's goons, and it'll take a while to loop back South to get medical attention.

Does that sound about right?

My main question is, how soon do I need to get to medical attention? Also I'm assuming I only get the +1 for acting on Option 2, given my question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Before I try to get the gently caress out, I want to make sure I follow the trade offs for my options.

Option 1: Try to find more stuff in here before I split, will definitely end up fighting some of Jackie's goons.

Option 2
: Head West, this is the safest but it'll take a while to loop back around anywhere else. Will avoid Jackie's goons, but might run into some of Magpie's.

Option 3: Head South, this will get to me to medical attention fastest. But I'll probably run into Jackie's goons, and it'll take me a while to loop back East (on top of whatever time medical takes).

Option 4 (?): Head East, this will get me to Red's soonest. But I'll probably run into Jackie's goons, and it'll take a while to loop back South to get medical attention.

Does that sound about right?

My main question is, how soon do I need to get to medical attention? Also I'm assuming I only get the +1 for acting on Option 2, given my question.

1. nailed it
2. nailed it
3. nailed it
4. nailed it

re: medical attention. it's gonna get worse the more active you are. I'll say if you enter combat, you automatically will take 1-harm ap at the end of combat, assuming you otherwise survive.

• Locked thread