Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You literally can't kill Steelheads with the Sploosh and it's both infuriating and embarrassing

Edit: unless you are on higher ground than it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Does the rhythm game net you anything for getting a perfect score on all songs or anything like that? Or is it just a silly little side thing

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Night Blade posted:

So how far does the Profreshional meter go? I broke passed 99 into 115.

I hit 240/260 one night I was just playing like a mad man.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

tap my mountain posted:

This weapon set isn't too bad. Although you can really tell when there's a moron holding the sploosh

How do I not Sploosh like an idiot? I haven't bought it yet and haven't Run Salmon yet today, either.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

One other pro tip I learned from this thread for mothership round is that if you have the Stingray super, use it on the ship as it's coming towards your egg baskets. When you damage the ship while it's flying towards you, it'll drop gold eggs.

Try to also memorize where a good group of chinooks spawn close to the basket are and dedicate yourself to staying in that area popping them for eggs. Spam 'this way' and hopefully your teammates will notice the giant pile of eggs you're piling up. I find most mothership waves fail because people are spending way too much time chasing down chinooks only for them to fly away at the last second.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Man, is there anything more worthless than a loving charger on salmon run

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Silver Falcon posted:

How do I not Sploosh like an idiot? I haven't bought it yet and haven't Run Salmon yet today, either.

Not murder every no boss salmonids especially during grillers. That thing shreds through everything easily it just doesn't have any range so it's I'll suited for a lot of bosses.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

Chargers are great on salmon run and I don't ever use chargers anywhere else.

Rescues, escape routes, one shotting steel heads and those umbrella fuckers

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

raditts posted:

Since they're excellent at taking out almost every boss salmonid in one or two shots, yeah, there probably is

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chargers also work well as long range medics but I understand the hate for them since they're hard to use. I certainly suck with them.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Most chargers are useful, but that one time the only charger was the goo tuber... yuck.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

raditts posted:

I can't think of a single situation where a charger is better than a splatling in salmon run. They're not much better at killing bosses than most weapons (oftentimes worse, on later waves when having the time + space to charge a shot is hard), and they are absolutely terrible at handling the hordes of regular salmon. Not to mention any weapon can do long range revivals better by throwing a grenade.

Now, the .92 Gal - there's a great bosskiller. Good range, can easily take out any boss in one cycle, and it cuts through the chum fast.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Found a new way to hate my team; activating the inkjet and having my team members lead maws right onto my landing spot.

Hurtling into a hungry fish's mouth with literally nothing I could do about it :geno:

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

raditts posted:

Chargers are great against Steelhead, Steel Eel, and Drizzler, what are you talking about. The only instance when a charger is useless is when you're stuck with the loving goo tuber.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Silver Falcon posted:

Aim lower than you want to actually hit things. The Sploosh is a little weird like that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I keep getting the most worthless randos who can't act like a team or help each other. Like a bunch of idiots they ignored the small frys in a griller session and we got overwhelmed.

Anyway I'm competent enough with the charger that I can hold my own through the rounds where I get it, but goddamn seeing idiots try to get up close to Salmon with it and fail miserably makes my blood boil. I really need to get on with goons so I can make it up to Profreshional.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You could also make it to Profresional by just playing well. I've made it to Profreshional 300 with randoms.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 11, 2017

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

bizarre deformity posted:

You literally can't kill Steelheads with the Sploosh and it's both infuriating and embarrassing

Edit: unless you are on higher ground than it

That's why I sploosh on walls.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I admit it, I was worthless with the charger during the fog round

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I'm ever gonna get past Part-Timer in Salmon Run lmao. I just get too overwhelmed too easily.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Internet Kraken posted:

You could also make it to Profresional by just playing well. I've made it to Profreshional 300 with randoms.

I wish it was possible to bring down a flyfish with normal weapon fires and that bombs were a shortcut, like with maws.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Internet Kraken posted:

That green wedge should be way bigger than 4%.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Also a friendly reminder that the Stingray can take out a Flyfish if you shoot the middle part. If you're the guy on your team with the Stingray make sure to find a safe corner before you activate it.

I feel like in general people don't use their specials enough or try to save them until it's too late.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Bill Barber posted:

Also a friendly reminder that the Stingray can take out a Flyfish if you shoot the middle part. If you're the guy on your team with the Stingray make sure to find a safe corner before you activate it.

I feel like in general people don't use their specials enough or try to save them until it's too late.

I know I always forget that I can use specials until my team gets wiped. :( Or I'll activate them accidentally while turning the right stick.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

tap my mountain posted:

Not murder every no boss salmonids especially during grillers. That thing shreds through everything easily it just doesn't have any range so it's I'll suited for a lot of bosses.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Aim lower than you want to actually hit things. The Sploosh is a little weird like that.

Thanks. I figured out pretty quickly what the Sploosh was for: mowing down the anklebiters. I made that my JOB. I could also pop the Steelheads if I got a bit of high ground.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Owers posted:

Chargers are great against Steelhead, Steel Eel, and Drizzler, what are you talking about. The only instance when a charger is useless is when you're stuck with the loving goo tuber.

I haven't found a single place on the current map where you can be close enough to be in range to hit one of those fuckers and not also be getting overrun by creeps.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

raditts posted:

I haven't found a single place on the current map where you can be close enough to be in range to hit one of those fuckers and not also be getting overrun by creeps.

Throw bombs at your feet to clear out advancing chaff while you charge your shot.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

also your sploosh buddy should be cleaning up the fodder, its not like he can do anything else against a steelhead

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

raditts posted:

Fire move fire move, come on

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Honestly with this weapon set steelheads should be the least of your concerns because 3 of the weapons can kill them really easily. The only one that sucks against them is the sploosh, but even then if you have height advantage you can shred them easily.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Splatoon just crashed I think? "Software had an error and was closed." Now I'm banned for 5 minutes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Spaltted by tri-slosher!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I need help figuring out what I should make my loadout any assistance would be appreciated. I have a perfect piece of Head Gear Ink Saver Main with 3 Ink Refill abilities. I don't know what I should go for with my other two pieces of clothing. I prefer shooter type weapons. I've tested Swim Speed and it is not worth running based off the data I've seen. Should I go for Movement Speed and Ink resist?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If 2 or more people disconnect does the game just get a communication error? Twice tonight a match has ended in the final minute when that happened.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

JackDarko posted:

I need help figuring out what I should make my loadout any assistance would be appreciated. I have a perfect piece of Head Gear Ink Saver Main with 3 Ink Refill abilities. I don't know what I should go for with my other two pieces of clothing. I prefer shooter type weapons. I've tested Swim Speed and it is not worth running based off the data I've seen. Should I go for Movement Speed and Ink resist?

Maximize freshness.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just got 71 eggs, a personal best.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Anidav posted:

Spaltted by tri-slosher!

However did that happen? :confused:

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I rarely get moments of blind greed in videogames, but when that grizzco promotion has 32,000 coins in it I go insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

What happens when 4 goons get glowfly rushed on high tide and manage to survive:

Only registered members can see post attachments!