Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mine have to be taken landscape, might be different for others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Panoramic :smugdog:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

haveblue posted:

Panoramic :smugdog:

you just have to eat less

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The wave of the future will be sending dick 3D printing schematics.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

if you take a hundred dick pics from different angles you can build a 3D model of it and walk around it in VR

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

chumbler posted:

Im fairly confident people have already done that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Norns posted:

Is it better to take dick pics portrait or landscape

Long Exposure, actually

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
where are people talking about hellblade

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/895825686295859200

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

holy crap kirby is in No Man's Sky now?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What does this mean

Who was that twitter guy with the bad reviews earlier

WHO ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Well his handle is @nomanssky

Use your brain

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's probably easier to like video games if you don't know

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Twitter is bad and you should never use it tho

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sorry, I do know who Sean Murray is but the idea was escalating confusion because that little dude thing is usually flipping a table or something so I have no idea what he's trying to communicate

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I had associated it with Twitch Plays Pokemon but I guess it's actually older

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

idk why the little kirby dude became the "lend me your power" meme, but

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yeah we trusted you once before, Sean, and look at the barren lie you gave us.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Well for the 1,000 or so people who still play No Man's Sky I'm sure this is a nice treat.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It will be cool when it's a PS+ title

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Used copies of the game are like 4 bucks, making it PS+ would just cost everyone more in the long run

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

out of all the bad videogame men who got into trouble nick robinson certainly had the most acceptable apology/result. He wrote a fairly sane thing that wasn't just "sorry u got offended pshhh" and was let go from his job.

Fuckfaces like Totalbiscuit and Jontron never suffered any lasting repercussions for being assholes and constantly doubled down with "sorry you got offended but im not personally sorry" bullshit.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Truly, No Man's Sky is the video game equivalent of Monster

(Monster is extremely infamous as being the single most traded in CD of all time)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

DLC Inc posted:

out of all the bad videogame men who got into trouble nick robinson certainly had the most acceptable apology/result. He wrote a fairly sane thing that wasn't just "sorry u got offended pshhh" and was let go from his job.

Fuckfaces like Totalbiscuit and Jontron never suffered any lasting repercussions for being assholes and constantly doubled down with "sorry you got offended but im not personally sorry" bullshit.

Yeah but this dude's entire shtick was saying the "right thing" to get called a soft boy, forgive me if I don't implicitly trust that his apology of all the right things to say is completely genuine

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

John Romero posted:

where are people talking about hellblade

Is it any good?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

precision posted:

Truly, No Man's Sky is the video game equivalent of Monster

(Monster is extremely infamous as being the single most traded in CD of all time)

Monster by who?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Edit: ^ REM. Listent to it while keeping in mind it was recorded as the followup to the album with Losing My Religion and an acclaimed Yuppie acoustic album.

made a Hellblade thread. It's freakin great and in many ways reminds me of Silent Hill, it's pretty intense and scary when it wants to be, and I very rarely get scared in games

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Is it any good?

Hellblade is great if you want an 8-hour interactive movie with some combat and puzzle interludes. Like, it's a really good story with a unique level of immersion. It's visually gorgeous. Never played anything like it. On my second playthrough now.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

precision posted:

Edit: ^ REM. Listent to it while keeping in mind it was recorded as the followup to the album with Losing My Religion and an acclaimed Yuppie acoustic album.

Ah yes, that takes me back. My mind just jumped straight to Metallica's Some Kind of Monster but to return something you have to buy it first.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Snak posted:

Hellblade is great if you want an 8-hour interactive movie with some combat and puzzle interludes.

Ehhh...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When you finally get to a certain point where you have to do a lot of combat all at once, it is kind of amazing and cathartic as gently caress. I've seen people complain that that segment is bad because it's hard but gently caress that, it's amazing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just popping in to say Hellblade was really good, though because Night in the Woods came out this year, even if it ends up in my top 5 of the year it will still only be the second best game made this year about mental health

Still, it was really good. It's nice to see Ninja Theory use their visual flair for a well thought out story that's actually trying to have meaning

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

Yeah but this dude's entire shtick was saying the "right thing" to get called a soft boy, forgive me if I don't implicitly trust that his apology of all the right things to say is completely genuine

All people are terrible and nobody can ever change. Anyone who looks nice is deceiving you.

To be clear, I'm not defending the dude being a creeper, but it's probably also not the best idea to assume by default that an apology is not genuine no matter who it comes from.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 11, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

chumbler posted:

All people are terrible and nobody can ever change. Anyone who looks nice is deceiving you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

chumbler posted:

I'm sorry if you believe this :(

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It's super easy to believe given the current state of our planet

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's less that his apology is or isn't genuine (I have no reason to assume it isn't) but more that his apology misses the point

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i try very, very, VERY hard to be good to people

this has been the cause of most of the problems in my life

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

i try very, very, VERY hard to be good to people

this has been the cause of most of the problems in my life

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It's super easy to believe given the current state of our planet

Man gently caress that, call it naive if you want, losing faith that there are good people out there or that people genuinely do want to change sometimes is just gonna make you sad.

• Locked thread