Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the NMS 1.3 trailer is out, they added multiplayer but you only see other players in the form of orbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5328iuzHw-w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Orbs of all things

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just watched the first episode of kamen rider ex-aid

What the gently caress did I just watch

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
WHAT THE gently caress DID I JUST WATCH

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also isn't The Castle Doctrine basically Home Alone the Game

no, home alone isnt a steaming pile of poo poo

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

FirstAidKite posted:

I just watched the first episode of kamen rider ex-aid

What the gently caress did I just watch

I dunno, but one of my non-SA friends is a giant Kamen Rider fan and recommended Fourze a while back. I'm def gonna start that later today, especially since all I know about it is this one rad webm:

https://ii.yuki.la/c/59/20ac2c4897c777846298c04220a8d058de4b9d2276040ea5099c09809db1959c.webm

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
WHAT

THE

gently caress

DID

I

JUST

WATCH

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, I haven't watched a Kamen Rider since Gaim ended but I might have to now

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
That's a really cool visual style. That and the previous webm remind me of the Anamanaguchi music video for MEOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc3JWo2iiGc

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Man I've been hearing about how good ex-aid is but those webms might be the thing that convince me to give that thing a shot. I haven't like a kamen rider series since W ended. (watch kamen rider W it owns)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Zaggitz posted:

Man I've been hearing about how good ex-aid is but those webms might be the thing that convince me to give that thing a shot. I haven't like a kamen rider series since W ended. (watch kamen rider W it owns)

Ex-Aid is genuinely good in that its plot is a well-oiled machine that delivers moments of :wtf: to you at the precise time for maximum impact.

It has a guy who turns into a bike.

It has a Christmas episode.

It has genuinely great looking suits.

It's just that I watched it pretty much directly after watching the most serious show in the franchise (Kuuga) and slammed into it and I'm still not sure if I actually like it or not.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's just that I watched it pretty much directly after watching the most serious show in the franchise (Kuuga) and slammed into it and I'm still not sure if I actually like it or not.

You certainly liked hearing me break down over the discord call the further and further we got into the episode

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally when i watch something cool i go 'wow, that's cool'

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

You certainly liked hearing me break down over the discord call the further and further we got into the episode

There's nothing better than hearing another person crack up with laughter :allears:

Endorph posted:

personally when i watch something cool i go 'wow, that's cool'

It's more that I'm a nerd who wants to figure out if what I watched was fun, good, or both. And then liking something is entirely different - Kamen Rider W for example is very fun and almost good but I'm not sure if I like it thanks to Shotaro being abrasive. Kamen Rider Ghost by contrast is fun, terrible, and I love it.

e: And to round it off Kamen Rider Kuuga is not fun to watch (kinda) but it is extremely good and it is easily my favorite Kamen Rider show. It tells an absolutely rock-solid story and what's silly about it is incidental to the characters, not dominating the whole thing like it does in W or Ex-Aid.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad that people can respond to the same thing in different ways

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

:yeah:

Honestly that's been one of the highlights of checking out toku fandom? There are so many different shows that people love/hate and reading all the reasons why is fun and fascinating - and then you watch the show yourself and form your own opinions and discuss 'em with others and it's just. I love it a lot!

(I also love watching men in spandex/rubber suits fighting other men in rubber suits, so it's a win-win. :v: )

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

phew that's a load off my mind because i think those gifs look dumb as h*ck

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What a surprise

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

phew that's a load off my mind because i think those gifs look dumb as h*ck

Same. actually, but also funny and fun dumb

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

No! Everything has to fit neatly into my D&D orientation chart and Nick was obviously Chaotic Evil like Satan, Hitler, and the Undertaker who in 1998 threw Mankind off Hell in a Cell, plumeting 16 feet through an announcer's table.

That match is bad loving rear end. Mankind nearly died when he fell through the ceiling.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Same. actually, but also funny and fun dumb

it looks like edgar wright's magnum opus Scott Pilgrim versus The World which reminds me everyone should go see Baby Driver if they haven't before it falls out of theaters because it's pretty good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's kind of hard to watch though because it contains a level of violence that the WWE never probably ever intended to broadcast. Mick Foley is a god though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

it looks like edgar wright's magnum opus Scott Pilgrim versus The World which reminds me everyone should go see Baby Driver if they haven't before it falls out of theaters because it's pretty good

I like Edgar Wright and Scott Pilgrim was a fun movie and one day I'll see Baby Driver since it is, to my knowledge, the only Edgar Wright movie I haven't seen yet

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's a shame that the only Kamen Rider video games are either those weird musou games and the budget fighting games on the Wii because I really wanna hit a button to henshin.

I kinda want a lot of things to happen when I press a button.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

viewtiful joe was really good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Seriously tho that dude blows into the cartridge before he slots it into his belt lmao

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

poo poo, you're right.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Shotaro being abrasive is good because he's a really lovely noir detective wannabe, he owns.

Also I had the Kamen Rider Joker theme from the W movie as my ringtone for years, that song rocks.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

Nope.

It was great.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I haven't played a Sonic game since Sonic 3, if you don't count the kart racers. I am looking forward to Sonic Mania. :)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Cowcaster posted:

I can't beat Fire Leo. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think it took me two hours of constant retries to beat him and that's one reason I've never played it since.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Davidson is in the house!

Hulk! Davidson! Was born to be wild!!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Did Fire Leo show up outside of the boss rush? If I remember correctly there was also a higher difficulty where you couldn't use your time slowing ability.

I unlocked everything in Viewtiful Joe, although I can't remember if I ever beat the final boss fair and square.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

If none other, I heavily recommend watching episode 17.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Did Fire Leo show up outside of the boss rush? If I remember correctly there was also a higher difficulty where you couldn't use your time slowing ability.

I unlocked everything in Viewtiful Joe, although I can't remember if I ever beat the final boss fair and square.

Yeah he's just like the normal boss of stage 4(?) I think.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Weren't there some blue versions of him that showed up as minibosses or something?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blue Fire Leo was a boss in VJ2, I remember that at least.

I'd forgotten that the main game had a boss rush so my post above is probably wrong, I haven't played it seine the original GC version first came out.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the highest difficulty from what i remember just took away the skull prompts on all attacks, which is arguably worse than losing slowdown

there were blue fire leos as enemies but they didn't have the whole flaming rock->fast forward punch to get fire immunity cycle that the full boss had which was the hardest thing about him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Davidson is in the house!

Hulk! Davidson! Was born to be wild!!

• Locked thread