Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
gently caress Flyfish.
gently caress Flyfish.
gently caress Flyfish.
gently caress Flyfish.
gently caress Flyfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
They really, really need to do something about flyfish.
Make bombs cost less ink, give them larger bins, keep the bins open longer before attacking. Something.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Gorp posted:

They really, really need to do something about flyfish.
Make bombs cost less ink, give them larger bins, keep the bins open longer before attacking. Something.

Flyfish aren't the problem, the issue is pubbies loving ignoring them.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I find the issue is the opposite. 3 people stare at the thing waiting for it to open, only to be swamped from all sides while doing so. Only sometimes when they survive do they actually land the bombs they throw.
The stingray towers are actually the thing that people ignore and then go on murder sprees.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Flyfish aren't the problem, the issue is pubbies loving ignoring them.

I often don't have enough ink to throw a bomb because I'm shooting all the trash my team mates are busy ignoring

I just got a round 3 grillers while I had the charger. I was doing surprisingly well with my shots but noone bothered with the smallfry and I died repeatedly. Two of the guns we have are totally perfect for the smallfry why are you letting them run around

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Finally, out tomorrow.

E: Comes with sprinkler and ink storm.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Aug 11, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pretty meh sub/special but gently caress yeahhh

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

Finally, out tomorrow.

E: Comes with sprinkler and ink storm.

Come to think of it, this'll probably piss the Tri-Sloshers right off.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Hell is being in Overachiever being stuck with the Sploosh o matic and no Stingray and a team that does not understand how the wave works at all.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not if it hurts when it goes over the umbrella.
It also doesn't mean much if it cant secure kills, which may be a giant problem.
This also assumes that the umbrella user is aware of the bucket user and has the time to face him and set up blocking.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 11, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
You want wallpapers? Here's some summer wallpapers for you.

Ironically my summer just ended.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Got to S+ in rainmaker :dance:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Getting a little tired of being annoyed at my teammates but come on the mode is called Tower Control not literally spend the entire 5 minutes going off to every corner of the map trying to charge your special and ignore my repeated This Way! spamming and only decide to go to the tower when I'm fuckin dead.......control

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When's the next Splatfest?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Guy Goodbody posted:

When's the next Splatfest?

Back in Splatoon 1, they were more or less three weeks apart, so by my estimates it should be around the 26th of August if we're following traditions.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I might miss the next one. :(

Do you still get rewards if you don't participate on the day but like still pick a side and maybe log in once?

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

awww the 4k's range is shorter than the 3k's, i wanna refund

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I might miss the next one. :(

Do you still get rewards if you don't participate on the day but like still pick a side and maybe log in once?

You get a consolation prize for participating in the popularity vote.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Rexroom posted:

You want wallpapers? Here's some summer wallpapers for you.

Ironically my summer just ended.

The squidkid on the left really doesn't want to be in that photo

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

I often don't have enough ink to throw a bomb because I'm shooting all the trash my team mates are busy ignoring

I just got a round 3 grillers while I had the charger. I was doing surprisingly well with my shots but noone bothered with the smallfry and I died repeatedly. Two of the guns we have are totally perfect for the smallfry why are you letting them run around

This is the truth, those bins are guaranteed to open when I am being swamped and do not have enough ink to throw a bomb

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Unpopular (?) opinion alert:

I love Moray Towers, hate Sturgeon Shipyard and loathe Port Mackerel.

I also play with the sticks :q:

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Getting a little tired of being annoyed at my teammates but come on the mode is called Tower Control not literally spend the entire 5 minutes going off to every corner of the map trying to charge your special and ignore my repeated This Way! spamming and only decide to go to the tower when I'm fuckin dead.......control

This was me in tower control yesterday. They are past checkpoint 2, why are 2 of you painting the other side of the map!!!!

Also, in rainmaker an aerospray user on my team spent whole match stood on the goal near our spawn.... Do you not realise that if the other team get this far they will just splat you and your weapon which sucks at combat. Also, what a boring way to play. We won despite him though.

I also love it when you are helping the rainmaker carrier by making a path, no enemies ahead, looking good. Then you see 'you lost the rainmaker' as the rainmaker carrier has decided to run back to the center of the map where everyone is fighting and get splatted.

nerd_of_prey fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 11, 2017

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

nerd_of_prey posted:

Also, in rainmaker an aerospray user on my team spent whole match stood on the goal near our spawn.... Do you not realise that if the other team get this far they will just splat you and your weapon which sucks at combat. Also, what a boring way to play. We won despite him though.
What map was it? I had an Aerospray pull this poo poo yesterday in shipyard.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Martytoof posted:

Unpopular (?) opinion alert:

I love Moray Towers, hate Sturgeon Shipyard and loathe Port Mackerel.

I also play with the sticks :q:

It's okay to have that opinion and we respect you for it. Now, if you could just follow me out into this secluded back alley, we'll discuss your thoughts liked civilized adults...

Get the baseball bats, guys, we've got a live one.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Moray Towers and Port Mackerel are classics, Sturgeon Shipyard is so-so.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Crawfish posted:

What map was it? I had an Aerospray pull this poo poo yesterday in shipyard.

I think it was musselforge fitness that I saw this happen, I am B rank so I do see some crazy happenings...

It's just annoying because it is hard to get and keep the rainmaker when you are essentially a team of 3 vs. 4.

The worst thing I saw was someone in my team put a beacon on our own spawn point, WHY??

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

nerd_of_prey posted:

The worst thing I saw was someone in my team put a beacon on our own spawn point, WHY??

Some things never change. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

Moray Towers and Port Mackerel are classics, Sturgeon Shipyard is so-so.

Moray Towers is an utter trainwreck dominated by Chargers, or anything that can dump ink into the middle ground really, and has been since it was introduced. It's even worse in Splatoon 2, because for some inane reason the Splat Zones are both in prime Charger-spam no-man's-land.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I was thinking an upward angled slosher shot would probably just clear the umbrella lmao

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nerd_of_prey posted:

I did this once, entirely by accident. Then I had to live with my shame for three looong minutes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought it was funny that the single player level on Moray Towers was covered in the sniper enemies

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I did this once, entirely by accident. Then I had to live with my shame for three looong minutes.

Haha, it's easy to judge others mistakes. The worst thing I have done is fall of the map with the rainmaker....reset!!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
That's a legitimate strategy if it's too close to a pedestal though

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Lakbay posted:

That's a legitimate strategy if it's too close to a pedestal though

Yeah but I just fell off accidentally into water.... I get too stressed carrying the rainmaker!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I fall off the map at least once every Moray Towers game

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Lakbay posted:

I fall off the map at least once every Moray Towers game

Yep, I forget there are gaps when jumping down from platforms...

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Aviators with ink saver are up on Splatnet for 8 hours!! Get you some!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

nerd_of_prey posted:

This was me in tower control yesterday. They are past checkpoint 2, why are 2 of you painting the other side of the map!!!!

I had a TC match where I singlehandedly wiped out the enemy team like 3 times over and rode the tower to like 5 points, and still lost by knockout because my bumblefuck team members were off in random corners of the map instead of helping me kill the enemy and stop the tower.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Moray Towers is an utter trainwreck dominated by Chargers, or anything that can dump ink into the middle ground really, and has been since it was introduced. It's even worse in Splatoon 2, because for some inane reason the Splat Zones are both in prime Charger-spam no-man's-land.
It is amazing how bad this map is and yet people want to keep playing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you're letting chargers dictate the pace, you're doing it wrong. You need to flush them out asap, with specials if need be.