Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

WTF? They release a WiiU tablet 7 months after the WiiU came out and they want to claim they own the deisgn of the reconfigured Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

"Gamevice wants money from Nintendo, and the Switch to be removed from sale."

lmao good loving luck with that one

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
There was similar kinds of patent trolling with the wii remote and 3DS's, err, 3D, I believe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:rip: the Nintendo Switch, 2017-2017 :rip:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Darkest Dungeon dev potentially joins the "this would be perfect for Switch" train

https://gonintendo.com/stories/287354-darkest-dungeon-dev-says-there-s-always-a-chance-of-a-switch-ve

Darkest Dungeon would be perfect for Switch even if it's on Vita/iPad now

I need this poo poo right now, I don't have an iPad and I wanna dungeon on the couch

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Gamevice: We've got a patent on this design!

Nintendo: Well we've got ten high priced lawyers!

Gamevice:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fun Times! posted:

Those games aren't very similar to one another, but if I had to get one right now I would get Phantom Trigger because I'm not a huge fan of puzzle games. Though Ironcast looks fun as well.

Here's my set of games I can't decide between.
Phantom Trigger, Wonder Boy, Slime San, Blaster Master, Shantae, and Mighty Gunvolt Burst. Too many action games on this system!

Slime-san is like Meat Boy with tighter levels and controls with slo-mo and phasing abilities plus lots of alt playstyles and charming hubworld stuff + secrets. If you liked Meat Boy you'll like Slime-san; if you hate Meat Boy you might also like it too due to the better control and construction of how levels work (they're quick and on a "lake of fire is rising" time limit)

Blaster Master is one of the best "true retro classic" games I've played since Shovel Knight, it gets what made classic games fun while also adding quality of life poo poo like lots of savepoints, a map system, strafing, and lots of optional upgrades and items. Also has tons of replay potential with over 4 completely unique DLC characters.

Gunvolt Burst is essentially the Mighty No.9 demake we all deserved; it's quick and fun and to the point, and comes with a bonus character.

Can't comment on Shantae/Wonderboy but they both look good. Phantom Trigger, imo, is a decidedly worse Hyper Light Drifter that's more boring. That's the only game of the bunch I'd say not to get.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone using this or been reading other opinions on it? https://smile.amazon.com/MAGIC-NS-Wireless-Controller-NINTENDO-Bluetooth-controllers/dp/B07413R4HS/

Buying a pro controller over that seems kind of silly especially since I'd have a few controllers I could connect.

This got lost a few pages back, asking again.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

From what I've seen on that MyMateVince guy's Youtube alot of the other controllers don't give you the full range of motion on the joysticks. It's either off or on for movement. He wasn't using this particular one.

Kind of lovely to deal with for MK8 and other things.

Just buy a pro controller because they are cool and good.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Slime-san etc

Feels good to have some games to pick from, and drat I just learned about Fast RMX which looks like F-Zero GX, has online multiplayer and is $20. :hellyeah:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Fun Times! posted:

Feels good to have some games to pick from, and drat I just learned about Fast RMX which looks like F-Zero GX, has online multiplayer and is $20. :hellyeah:

I've heard the rubber banding is beyond crazy though. The example I heard was that the AI can go faster than the current human player world records.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Slime-san looks interesting. I might pick it up before my flight.

Also Darkest Dungeon on the switch would be amazing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's hosed up that there are multiple levels of cold in Zelda. You eat a cold resistance food but it turns out the top of a robot bird is double-cold so gently caress your spicy beef

Make 2-3 tier resist food/potions, buy some of the clothes in the bird town since each piece of gear gives a level of cold resist, or put on the freebie cold res shirt you get at the start of the game and eat your tier 1 cold resist spicy beef since they'll stack.

:lol::lol:

Nintendo's going to destroy these people if their argument is "you copied a device of ours that came out 2 years after the WiiU."

Maybe they figure they have a shot since the joycons look like their devices but good loving luck getting more than a "here's some money so you gently caress off and stop wasting our time" offer, at best, from Nintendo.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The line about them wanting to take the switch off shelves is what turns it from slightly amusing to loving hilarious.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's what they want though, I doubt anyone seriously believed they could win.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

The line about them wanting to take the switch off shelves is what turns it from slightly amusing to loving hilarious.

That's generally how these lawsuits work. You don't say "Well you're infringing on my patent and making money, but that's okay, keep making a profit off of it"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Imagined posted:

I've heard the rubber banding is beyond crazy though. The example I heard was that the AI can go faster than the current human player world records.

I haven't noticed it yet personally. All of my single player losses are from me crashing like an idiot.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Imagined posted:

That's disappointing. Oh well, there are like 7 or 8 other games oh my eshop wishlist.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Just to keep a running tally the Wii, DS, 3DS, and the WiiU also had idiots suing Nintendo for the same bullshit so at this point it's par for course. I really hate patent troll bullshit. brb gonna patent the concept of interactive media on a screen and sue everything in existence

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fun Times! posted:

Wait for Redout instead, unless you like EA levels of rubber banding.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm excited to use my switch again in a couple weeks for Mario XCOM guys

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Why is rubber banding in a single player racing game such a bad thing? It keeps the challenge interesting imo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Why is rubber banding in a single player racing game such a bad thing? It keeps the challenge interesting imo.

Kind of destroys the suspension of disbelief that you're any good or that upgrades in your vehicle matter, when the AI can automatically catch up and pass you at any time.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Please let me buy Paper Mario on my dead gay Nintendo tablet, I want to overpay for a 20 year old game I've already owned and beat several times on different consoles

Let me waste my money, Nintendo

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Just let me buy a loving console, Nintendo. Amazon has been sold out for 3 weeks.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

GoldfishStew posted:

Just let me buy a loving console, Nintendo. Amazon has been sold out for 3 weeks.

Don't you already have one?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

chaleski posted:

Please let me buy Paper Mario on my dead gay Nintendo tablet, I want to overpay for a 20 year old game I've already owned and beat several times on different consoles

Let me waste my money, Nintendo

I have more replays of paper mario than thousand year door and its unacceptable let me rectify that nintendo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

GoldfishStew posted:

The Switch is only for the deserving. You have to survive a Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade style gauntlet before you're deemed worthy

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

SeANMcBAY posted:

Rubber banding isn't bad, but there can be too much of it. You want to keep up the illusion of a close race, but not overly break the illusion that computers are cheating (even though they usually have to).

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The Switch is only for the deserving. You have to survive a Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade style gauntlet before you're deemed worthy

He already said he bought one last month though. He probably sold it and now has to survive a Nazi Chase setpiece but it's the one from the fourth movie with Shia and his motorcycle.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Don't you already have one?

He needs one for his RealDoll.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Maybe he's that guy who tries to save money by selling his Switch once a month

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I'm bringing to the table what everyone's thinking but nobody has said yet, the Switch is actually expensive after you buy a controller and a game.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

whaley posted:

Maybe he's that guy who tries to save money by selling his Switch once a month

This was still the most WTF thing I've read in a while and I read the bitcoin thread

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

Blaster Master is one of the best "true retro classic" games I've played since Shovel Knight, it gets what made classic games fun while also adding quality of life poo poo like lots of savepoints, a map system, strafing, and lots of optional upgrades and items. Also has tons of replay potential with over 4 completely unique DLC characters.

I only played the demo of Blaster Master Zero but I feel like maybe some retro classics don't need to be revisited, it just reminded me of how janky the original Blaster Master was and made me realize that maybe I didn't really like that game as much as I thought I did 30 years ago.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

:yeah: Joke's on them, there are no Switches on the shelves!

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

GoldfishStew posted:

Gamevice won the lawsuit, sorry you missed your chance.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

LethalGeek posted:

This was still the most WTF thing I've read in a while and I read the bitcoin thread

Do you have a link to this?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

Wait, there's a bitcoin thread? Been thinking of trying to get in on that...

Also, new indie games were announced on the switch, they look pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I want the green/pink Joy-Cons, but they're continuously sold out on Play-Asia and massively marked up on Amazon.

• Locked thread