Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also holy poo poo the one under that of the boy learning he was dying of bone cancer because they announced it on a baseball game is loving depressing. That went from hilarious to sad as hell so quick I got whiplash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The dude who fought a bald eagle in his hot air ballon owns.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
'Self-driving car' actually controlled by man dressed up as a car seat

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...tech-university

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shikantaza
Sep 10, 2016
Lobster with alleged mobster scandal to be investigated by federal authorities

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

The Robster?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sherlock did it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

I was really hoping it was about the gay marriage issue.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Joe Osteen Sued Over 'Body-Slammed' Baby At His Church

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ugh those exclamation marks

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Came for Stone Cold Joel Osteen, left disappointed at improper use of the term "body-slam"

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
https://twitter.com/Naomi_Schalit/status/895268312950636544

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Is the Radar a real news outlet cause there's a weird amount of puns and glibness at a baby getting seriously injured by a crazy person in this article

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

March, 1989

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

wow I didn't know burger king/gay blowjob combos were a fad in late 80s basketball

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The weird is the realization that a Whopper used to be considered a very large sandwich

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/AndrewBober/status/895753879924637700

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

How old is the myth of Pygmalion? Because I'm sure people were fantasizing about artificial women even before that.

The original waifu

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The Bloop posted:

The weird is the realization that a Whopper used to be considered a very large sandwich

I am a person from the 80s and I'm pretty sure that back then the whopper was at least 20% larger than it is today. I have no evidence to support this.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Why didn't they loving shoot it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

titties posted:

I am a person from the 80s and I'm pretty sure that back then the whopper was at least 20% larger than it is today. I have no evidence to support this.

Dunkin Donuts got a lot smaller too I wager

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Johnny Aztec posted:

Why didn't they loving shoot it

They did, but the shaman already had a totem down.

Christ, that's a stupid joke

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Newbee player Vasilii vows abstinence after saying “indulging in sensual pleasures” hurt his League of Legends performance

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What's his username on these forums?

E: actually he should probably not come here, there's a danger of gay.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Biggest amateur-built sub sinks—owner is suspected of killing passenger

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/08/biggest-amateur-built-sub-sinks-owner-is-suspected-of-killing-passenger/

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Didn’t Copenhagen Suborbitals post a thread here about one of their first submarine builds, or am I losing my memory?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bobby Digital posted:

Didn’t Copenhagen Suborbitals post a thread here about one of their first submarine builds, or am I losing my memory?

This is the original thread, and this is the current GBS thread about the latest developments.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Bobby Digital posted:

It's worth noting that Madsen left Copenhagen Suborbitals in 2014. He had taken personal ownership of Nautilus previously. Iirc the company couldn't afford its upkeep so Madsen bought it out and financed its upkeep through crowdsourcing.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
uhhh...

Scientists Use Vibrators To Get Stubborn Turtle Penis Out Of Shell

http://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/australia/scientists-use-vibrators-to-get-stubborn-turtle-penis-out-of-shell.aspx

One of them was showing his penis in like 4 seconds.

science got weird.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The BBC News front page is a journey.

shroomich
Apr 2, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

uhhh...

http://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/australia/scientists-use-vibrators-to-get-stubborn-turtle-penis-out-of-shell.aspx

science got weird.

I like that they're specifically using sex toys and not, like, anything else that vibrates.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lime Tonics posted:

uhhh...

science got weird.

ONE OF THEM WAS SHOWING HIS PENIS IN LIKE 4 SECONDS.

They had to put that in caps cause its serious science stuff. Also, there's your thread title please.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
more science,

According to a new study in Austria, a little beer may help trigger your inner genius.

Researchers at the University of Graz say that a mild alcohol intoxication can help clear mental blocks and spark creative thought.

The study looked at 70 volunteers between the ages of 19 and 32; giving them both alcohol-free and regular beer before taking a series of tests. The volunteers reportedly performed better on a word problem test after drinking a pint of beer than they did having alcohol-free drinks. Researchers say concentration and memory issues did surface for the drinkers in other skill tests though.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/08/11/drinking-beer-mental-clarity/

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The original waifu

Prehistoric shaman worship of catgirl waifus.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-man

quote:

Assignment of gender became an objective of certain researchers. Initially, the figurine was classified as male by Hahn who suggested a plate on the abdomen could be a flaccid penis. Schmid later classified this feature as a pubic triangle,[3] however, and from examination of new parts of the sculpture, determined that the figurine was that of a woman with the head of a "Höhlenlöwin" (female European cave lion).[10] Typically, the strong and coordinated hunters of lion species are female and they lack extensive manes, but male European cave lions often lacked distinctive manes, so the absence of a mane could not determine categorically that the figurine was that of a lioness, and a debate about its gender ensued among some involved in the research and the popular press. Kurt Wehrberger of the Ulm Museum complained that the statue had become an "icon of the feminist movement"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

C.M. Kruger posted:

Prehistoric shaman worship of catgirl waifus.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-man

Thundercats was a documentary.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

titties posted:

I mean, if you were a child in the 80s I don't doubt they would seem like they were bigger then

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Aesop Poprock posted:

I mean, if you were a child in the 80s I don't doubt they would seem like they were bigger then

I am sure that's part of it but I have enjoyed Whopper sandwiches across multiple decades and I believe that the whoppers in the late 90's filled my tiny Trump hands and massive Clinton appetite in a much more satisfying way than the ones I've experienced recently.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've been trying "signature" burgers lately and the Whopper just tastes really generic.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Big Macs over here in the UK taste like they've been topped with vegetable scrapings. Like the lettuce tastes loving rank, at multiple different locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, say what you will about McD's fare in general, but their lettuce game is probably the worst in the business. I've never seen a piece of McDonalds lettuce that doesn't look like it's been sitting on the floor for a few days.

Even Burger King has fresher lettuce, which is saying something considering the entire BK experience is a dumpster fire from top to bottom.