Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Raserys posted:

I see a lot of people these days popping up out of nowhere going "ugh that's so CRINGE, this is literally the CRINGIEST thing ever," and I dunno why but it bothers me

Like, cringe culture is almost as cringey as the cringe they're cringing at, and if that sentence annoyed you, you know where I'm at

TRY NOT TO CRINGE COMPILATION #730 (99% FAILURE RATE) - 342,467,024 Views

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There's a subreddit called "cringe anarchy", and when posts from it make on the front page, I can almost never tell which part I'm supposed to cringe at, because all of it, including the fact that someone posted it to that sub, is pretty bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Do you think Kamiya knew Six Majin sounded like Sex Machine in English during development of the first game?

🤔

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Raserys posted:

I see a lot of people these days popping up out of nowhere going "ugh that's so CRINGE, this is literally the CRINGIEST thing ever," and I dunno why but it bothers me

Like, cringe culture is almost as cringey as the cringe they're cringing at, and if that sentence annoyed you, you know where I'm at

i have never seen this personally so the solution is to not communicate with any other human being

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Raserys posted:

I've literally never seen this maybe you need new friends

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

jinx

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

God drat it now I owe you a Coke

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My wife loves cringe humor and likes to watch the most uncomfortable stuff ever, like stand-up comics bombing or worst-of public access TV compilations. I can't stand to watch people embarrass themselves, it makes me want to crawl out of my skin.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Words in the time out corner:
-cringe
-fail
-epic
-binge or bingewatch or bingeworthy

Words on probation:
-viral
-swag
-meme

Words to be commended:
-dank

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Olds getting mad at words is one of the most perplexing things to me. It's been very odd to watch my contemporaries turn into Apple Jacks cereal commercial antagonists.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How else would you describe "cringe"? It's an accurate and useful term

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

The Deleter posted:

I need to sit down and finish Persona 5. I'm on the sixth dungeon or so and need to just kind of power through the free time and get to the boss to advance stuff.

I'm in the sixth dungeon as well. Is it the last one? I'm in a rush to finish more social links, getting worried that I won't be able to finish all of the ones I want.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry if binging on these epic dank viral meme words is so fail that it's making you cringe

swag

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've never really enjoyed humor that is based on how awkward something is. Anti-humor hasn't really ever clicked with me, I just don't really find it funny. Like, I don't wanna watch two people stand around staring at each other where the joke is that they're not saying anything, or watch a dude bust his kneecap so hard while skateboarding he probably will walk with a limp.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tired: epic cringe. fidget dabbing

wired: put some sauce on that dance burrito

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The British version of The Office was great

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's moreso my annoyance with the culture that surrounds it than the word itself, like it's a very mean spirited thing, more than the actual meaning of the word itself which implies a sympathetic reaction

Also I don't think I'm as old as you think I am

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also "dank" is a good word :wtf:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

My wife loves cringe humor and likes to watch the most uncomfortable stuff ever, like stand-up comics bombing or worst-of public access TV compilations. I can't stand to watch people embarrass themselves, it makes me want to crawl out of my skin.

I get really bad second-hand embarrassment about people loving up on stage, just because I perform on stage a lot and I can't help but remember all the times I've hosed up and how awful it feels. I'm getting better about it but there's always a little anxiety when I go to see an amateur performance of anything that there might be a catastrophic gently caress-up and I'll implode into a superdense sphere of embarrassment.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Raserys posted:

It's moreso my annoyance with the culture that surrounds it than the word itself, like it's a very mean spirited thing, more than the actual meaning of the word itself which implies a sympathetic reaction

Also I don't think I'm as old as you think I am

Oh, I agree with this. A huge part of modern comedy culture is just judgement as comedy. And sure, this type of thing has always been around, but now, with the internet, every has the ability, and feels qualified to, take pictures or screens of other people to mock them.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

AngelesXO posted:

I'm in the sixth dungeon as well. Is it the last one? I'm in a rush to finish more social links, getting worried that I won't be able to finish all of the ones I want.

It is not, you will probably finish all the ones you want in time. I was worried too but I'm on the way to maxing my stats real soon and finishing the confidants I give a poo poo about and I'm no min-maxer.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Dank you, feel a bit better now. Can't let Yusuke down.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Does anyone want $200 of a Vive? Got a code but it's is only

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Blackfyre posted:

Does anyone want $200 of a Vive? Got a code but it's is only

Is this like a timeshare thing

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

exquisite tea posted:

Same, my wife and I were watching HBO's "Hello Ladies" which is like Cringe Humor Turbo Hyper Championship Edition and she was laughing her rear end off while I acted like I was watching a drat horror movie. I think I hid my face with a pillow at one point.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
US only silly phone - buy from Vive.com free shipping 200 bucks off

oymqgt3tb

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I bought Yooka-Laylee last night. It seems pretty fun right now. The challenges for Pagies are short, but there really needs to be shadows on the quills and butterflies because it can be hard to tell where they are sometimes. During the first race I missed some of the butterflies because they look like they should be able to be grabbed on the ground, but it didn't work. I'm also not really fond of how the talon-trot go fast move is tied to a resource, which may be an issue once I expand the worlds.

I also bought Neir, Hellblade and I'm going to try the Hitman 2016 stuff because that was $20 on PSN

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

downwell question: how much gems do i need to get the slow fall style so i can actually make headway in the game? i got the boulder one at 10,000

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Initial impressions of Agents of Mayhem seem... positive?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I am still unsure why people thought it would be bad!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Saints Row burnout maybe? I never enjoyed Saints Row personally but Agents looks different enough and mishmashed with Crackdown elements that it could be good. At worst it'll be average but I wouldn't be too surprised if it gets better reviews than expected

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

Alot of the early previews looked weak etc, bunch of people disappointed it wasn't SR5, etc.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CJacobs posted:

Because it resembled a moba or something dumb when it was first revealed

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

being developed by a studio who likes to go bankrupt a lot with a cheap looking free-to-play art style seems like the two major red flags

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Broke Brain: Action games with numbers that pop out of enemies to indicate damage dealt are tacky and indicative of grindy, loot based equipment progress.

Woke Brain: Gat's back, baby! *Blatblatblat*

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Saints Row brand of humor makes me groan IRL but I hope Agents of Mayhem ends up being good for thine of you waiting for it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

LawfulWaffle posted:

Broke Brain: Action games with numbers that pop out of enemies to indicate damage dealt are tacky and indicative of grindy, loot based equipment progress.

in related news shadow warrior 2 was extremely bad compared to shadow warrior 2014 because of this

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's so great about Johnny Gat

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
wait so what kind of action game is agents of mayhem, is it more linear or open-world or tomb raider half-and-half style or something else entirely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

wait so what kind of action game is agents of mayhem, is it more linear or open-world or tomb raider half-and-half style or something else entirely?

You swap between 3 characters on the fly to platform around i think

• Locked thread