Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RocktheCaulk posted:

Gonna put Ketchup on my dog.

PBUC

i like to get 3 dogs

one with ketchups, a sutra of childhood

one with ketchup and mustard, a prayer of adolescence

one with mustard, onions and kraut to complete the transition into an enlightened higher being, my body and soul filled to the brim with 100% all-beef goodness and my spirit 'refill'ed once over

PBUC, PBUC, PBUC.

like this post if this brought a tear 2 ur eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Teikanmi posted:

i like to get 3 dogs

one with ketchups, a sutra of childhood

one with ketchup and mustard, a prayer of adolescence

one with mustard, onions and kraut to complete the transition into an enlightened higher being, my body and soul filled to the brim with 100% all-beef goodness and my spirit 'refill'ed once over

PBUC, PBUC, PBUC.

like this post if this brought a tear 2 ur eye

One like = one prayer bles

PBUC

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I would be thrilled if Costco made the hawaiian pizza everywhere.

The problem is that the dough sucks. I hate to criticize the Almighty Costco, but they could do better. It's not even pizza dough, it's more like... focaccia dough or something. It's not bad (not great either) but regardless it's not pizza.

That being said, maybe the whole point of the pizza is that it's like 3,000 calories for $10 and if they made it more like a conventional pizza it would feed fewer people. I dunno. Costco works in mysterious ways.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

same but still

all beef hot dog

jim sinegal wanted it this way and i trust jim sinegal

Are you insinuating that a Costco is doing something against Jim Sinegal's wishes, that you know better than Costco? Shaky ground, friend.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Gonna swing by for petrol and a juicy dog (and soda with refill) this weekend. :grin:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Are you insinuating that a Costco is doing something against Jim Sinegal's wishes, that you know better than Costco? Shaky ground, friend.

i trust in jim sinegal

where is YOUR faith, brother?

what would we find if we looked in your closet, eh? Pork cheeseburgers? A SAMS CLUB MEMBERSHIP? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

i trust in jim sinegal

where is YOUR faith, brother?

what would we find if we looked in your closet, eh? Pork cheeseburgers? A SAMS CLUB MEMBERSHIP? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING

In my freezer you will in fact find a great many pork products, most of which were purchased at Costco. Pork is not the issue.

It seems to me that your argument is beef is superior to pork, where I am suggesting that this distinction is irrelevant. They are all being served by Costco and all come with a free refill.

It is fine if you prefer beef to pork, but you cannot claim that a Costco built before he retired is acting against the wishes of St. Sinegal. Your accusations and schism attempts cause discord, resulting in Peace not Being Unto Costco.

Peace Be Unto Costco, Praise Be to Costco.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like for heavily processed meat you can hardly tell the difference anyways, hot dog is a hot dog, the texture and taste is mostly coming from the high fat content and how salty it is. If I'm gonna be snooty about it I'll cook a brat.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Got some pork belly at the sTco today and excited to smoke that up!

jamoncorona
Apr 9, 2014
If you wanna elevate your drink and refill level, you need to mix one third mist, one third lemonade, and one third club soda (the little lever by the mist nozzle). No other way to roll, specially if you're blessed to have the bratwurst on the menu (with sauerkraut of course).

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

jamoncorona posted:

If you wanna elevate your drink and refill level, you need to mix one third mist, one third lemonade, and one third club soda (the little lever by the mist nozzle). No other way to roll, specially if you're blessed to have the bratwurst on the menu (with sauerkraut of course).

Tucking this away in a pocket of my Kirkland shorts for Sunday’s service at the altar.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Truly spinning the onion wheel is like running your hand over a prayer wheel to 1.50 dogs everywhere but mostly onions.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

The sacrament

Also, bag of chicken breasts, normandy vegetables, and rotisserie bird.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Costco avocados at my local are 6 for $7, but the regular grocery is $2 each. Bought a bag and they are also better quality than the grocery store equivalent. PBUC for the bountiful cheap produce.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Hope you enjoy California style everything with guac, like... Guac Dog?!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Teikanmi posted:

same but still

all beef hot dog

jim sinegal wanted it this way and i trust jim sinegal

Jim Sinegal is from Pittsburgh.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I was at an aa meeting the other day and a guy was sharing and said "at my worst, I would go to Costco and buy a 1.75 liter bottle of dewars white label scotch for $26."

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Candlelight Virgil posted:

I was at an aa meeting the other day and a guy was sharing and said "at my worst, I would go to Costco and buy a 1.75 liter bottle of dewars white label scotch for $26."

Please don't doxx me.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
CostcoHack: Get the collapsible laundry basket they sell, keep it in the trunk of your car. Never need the cashier to box up your purchase again.

PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I went to temple to get my ceremonial dog

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Candlelight Virgil posted:

*Mutters under tears* n-nice...

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Also they had this which was really good

https://anniechun.com/products/asian-entrees/#red-curry

Snagged a box for next week's lunch

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
My first communion. So full of value.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Too much ketchup - not believable - very poorly executed. You have to at least attempt to seem credible or no one is going to bite.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Taima posted:

Too much ketchup - not believable - very poorly executed. You have to at least attempt to seem credible or no one is going to bite.

The Red Dawn rises

PBUC

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Taima posted:

It's a 1.50 dog @ Costco, thou shall not judge

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Guys. My irl friend and forums poster gunkthruster joined our congregation. He took advantage of a groupon deal.

"I found a gropon for the Costco membership.. $60 you get a 25 cash card, free pizza, free thing of paper towels."

He also announced he had his first communion. $1.50 1/4lb Hot Dog with Refill.

I'm proud of him. PBUC.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The Red Dawn rises

PBUC

Let this be the hour when we eat dogs together. Fell deeds awake. Now for savings, now for living wages, and the red dawn. Forth, Costco!

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 13, 2017

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I haven't seen anyone post much about the frozen yogurt. Tastes like those Cosby pudding pops, you can get swirl, and it's like $2. Comes in a big plastic pint glass that's easily enough to share between two people (lol you're all obese who am I talking to)

Went and got my hot dog - classic sauerkraut and brown mustard. Got my free refill of seltzer. Was a good Costco day.

Has anyone else enjoyed the froyo? Share your experiences here.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm proud of him. PBUC.

Addiction to Costco dogs is much better than addiction to booze
How's the booze thing going still?

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe
Passed a Costco in Iceland last week. My question is, how could this be?

Stco goes against every principal os shopping in Iceland; namely that things must be bought in small quantities and be expensive as poo poo. Anyone ever been to this branch?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

The Sicilian posted:

Passed a Costco in Iceland last week. My question is, how could this be?

Stco goes against every principal os shopping in Iceland; namely that things must be bought in small quantities and be expensive as poo poo. Anyone ever been to this branch?

I was there like a week after it opened and apparently like 10% of the population of Iceland had already became members. I think anywhere you go people still want 100% all beef hot dogs (with refill) and a case of toilet paper at reasonable prices. The prices at Costco were still more expensive than US prices but a little cheaper than the rest of the island.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797869&perpage=40&pagenumber=71#post472821178

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 13, 2017

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Scornful Sexbot posted:

So I haven't seen anyone post much about the frozen yogurt. Tastes like those Cosby pudding pops, you can get swirl, and it's like $2. Comes in a big plastic pint glass that's easily enough to share between two people (lol you're all obese who am I talking to)

Went and got my hot dog - classic sauerkraut and brown mustard. Got my free refill of seltzer. Was a good Costco day.

I've had t a few times, the problem is that's it's too big to be eaten by one person and I feel bad tossing it half full. I'll only pick it up if I'm shopping with friends or something.

It's a great deal though

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FCKGW posted:

I've had t a few times, the problem is that's it's too big to be eaten by one person and I feel bad tossing it half full. I'll only pick it up if I'm shopping with friends or something.

It's a great deal though

you call yourself an american, you son of a bitch?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Scornful Sexbot posted:

The froyo is great and I WILL eat the whole thing

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

slave to my cravings posted:

I was there like a week after it opened and apparently like 10% of the population of Iceland had already became members. I think anywhere you go people still want 100% all beef hot dogs (with refill) and a case of toilet paper at reasonable prices. The prices at Costco were still more expensive than US prices but a little cheaper than the rest of the island.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797869&perpage=40&pagenumber=71#post472821178

PBUC I didn't get a chance to go, shame on me.

How was the product selection? The whole thing is like the opposite of those BONUS stores.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

The Sicilian posted:

PBUC I didn't get a chance to go, shame on me.

How was the product selection? The whole thing is like the opposite of those BONUS stores.

Honestly it seemed pretty similar to the American Costco's with some Iceland stuff thrown in. The snack aisle had some kinder chocolate but was otherwise a dead ringer for the American Costco snack aisle. The bakery and meat sections were pretty similar but I think they had more lamb selection than normal. All the natives that I saw there seemed to love it.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

the mean lunch lady posted:

The froyo is great and I WILL eat the whole thing

Might even use the churro as a spoon

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Apparently someone thinks they have a better dog

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
At 2.6 times the price not accounting for the 20oz Soda w/ Free Refill I would fuckin hope so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Costco 2nd among boutique dogs? Acceptable. PBUC