Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Oh hey, it's Hot-me in pinstripes. Rooting for the Yankees now, feeling kinda lovely about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

jaime garcia is not good

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

yeah that was a meatball

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

Odúbel is Spanish for "A double".

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Pirates in Toronto. You don't see that very often. Last time was in June 2011 apparently.

Edit: oh poo poo, Martin is injured.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

JBJ is going to catch a ball at second base one of these days.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Refsnyder with two errors this inning . Cool !!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

shadok posted:

Pirates in Toronto. You don't see that very often. Last time was in June 2011 apparently.

Edit: oh poo poo, Martin is injured.
And now Cutch is :smith:

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

mets booth's criticism of cespedes interrupted by a cespedes 3-run, go-ahead bomb

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

shadok posted:

3rd time in history apparently.

Jose :unsmith:

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bautista just hit #20, that's 8 straight seasons with 20 or more home runs. :swoon:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

:laffo:

Ozuna was thrown out trying to get to second on a pop up that nobody caught; because he didn't run it out.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Benny Bomb! :woop:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Atta boy wong

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
My man Big Grich baby!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Never stop scoring runs, Cards. :allears:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the astros' fall from grace is really something. this inning is just brutal. poor morton

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Pancakes posted:

Never stop scoring runs, Cards. :allears:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
The offense had been phenomenal this week. This is wonderful.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Keep piling on, Birds. :toot:

DeJong rules.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Cardinals are.....good??

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
What on earth has gotten into these guys? This is such a difference from the first half.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

What's up with Waino tonight?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

hasn't thrown a pitch faster than 86mph from what i'm seeing

yikes

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Huge DP

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
You know, with runners on the corners and nobody out most teams would score a run here.

2017 Blue Jays. :smith:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

This is fun.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

the astros' fall from grace is really something. this inning is just brutal. poor morton

All the "lol you're up 16.5 games' stuff is sure falling apart now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Imagine getting swept by the 2017 White Sox with what are nominally 3 of your best 4 pitchers going, and you were considered the best team in baseball as recently as a few weeks ago

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i mean, yea, it looks bad in the moment. but it's only been like 2.5 weeks of noticeably worse play. they'll be more than fine. it's just rough to watch in the moment. the cubs went through this last year, and despite the bad cubs posters here who thought the sky was falling, it didn't. a good team is a good team is a good team and those first three months speak volumes more than the last 2.5 weeks. this week is the bottom. it'll be fine.

don't get all bad cubs poster-like, astros fans! your team is insanely good!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DON'T loving PITCH TO GOLDSCHMIDT TONIGHT

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Imagine getting swept by the 2017 White Sox with what are nominally 3 of your best 4 pitchers going, and you were considered the best team in baseball as recently as a few weeks ago

sending you a cubsposting doom and gloom kit

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

IS IT MY IMAGINATION OR DOES loving JOHN LACKEY START LIKE TWICE AS MANY GAMES AS EVERY OTHER STARTER EVERY TIME I TURN ON MY TV IT'S TEETH ALL THE WAY DOWN

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Abel Wingnut posted:

i mean, yea, it looks bad in the moment. but it's only been like 2.5 weeks of noticeably worse play. they'll be more than fine. it's just rough to watch in the moment. the cubs went through this last year, and despite the bad cubs posters here who thought the sky was falling, it didn't. a good team is a good team is a good team and those first three months speak volumes more than the last 2.5 weeks. this week is the bottom. it'll be fine.

don't get all bad cubs poster-like, astros fans! your team is insanely good!

The entire pitching staff is gassed or hurt and we're still plagued with injuries. It's not a surprising fall from grace but it's aggravating as all get out. There's also no end in sight for the pitching issues which is worrying and probably a huge vulnerability that teams will exploit come October. The front office bet the farm on Keuchel and co coming back strong and ooooh boy has that backfired.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Inc strikeout

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh it's avila

c'mon avila, take one for the team

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"Hey guys what if I put the guy batting .193 who strikes out and grounds into the shift all the loving time right in the middle of the lineup where he could strand the highest possible amount of runners?"

"Joe that sounds like a terrible idea."

"CAN'T HERE YOU WRITING MY LINEUP CARD LALALALA~"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:siren: RBBI

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

INCOMING HEYWARD SLAM I BELIEVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This umpire has been...annoying with how wide the strike zone is.

• Locked thread