Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

TjyvTompa posted:

The difference in wired and wireless is like night and day. It's not even possible to play, for example, Geometry Wars in wireless mode, the aim just lags so much. It might not be noticeable if you have only used a wireless controller, but plug one in and compare them together and it will be immediately obvious.
Its not night and day, it's 10ms. That's potentially less than your display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

TjyvTompa posted:

The difference in wired and wireless is like night and day. It's not even possible to play, for example, Geometry Wars in wireless mode, the aim just lags so much. It might not be noticeable if you have only used a wireless controller, but plug one in and compare them together and it will be immediately obvious.

You might potentially have some really bad local wireless interference or something. Wired controllers add less lag than most TVs.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Has anyone else had a bunch of randoms sending chat messages on XBL recently, I've had 3 in as many days with 0 achievement points and no friends in common that I could see.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anime_Otaku posted:

Has anyone else had a bunch of randoms sending chat messages on XBL recently, I've had 3 in as many days with 0 achievement points and no friends in common that I could see.

Yeah it's super annoying.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yes. They're pretty flirty, calling me "mister" and using kissy emoji.

Told one of them to identify themselves or be blocked since they were spamming pretty hard, they screamed "DO IT I DARE YOU!!!" so I did it.

Well, that's my story thanks for reading.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I figure they are bots as most ignore my taunts and keep spitting out a pretty obvious script. Must have something to do with Live being able to work on Windows. I get about 5-7 a week. All of them pretend to be women and then invite you to a cam site.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why couldn't they just stay on tinder? How do they even find me? I rarely ever even use my xbox.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I don't know but I took a gander at one's friend list and it was fairly obvious they were just going through alphabetically. I realize that is how they are sorted but just by looking I could tell they'd added by: Ba, bab, bac, bad.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Luckily for us it is a well-known fact that Bonehavers are regular sexhavers, amirite?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Beastie posted:

I figure they are bots as most ignore my taunts and keep spitting out a pretty obvious script. Must have something to do with Live being able to work on Windows. I get about 5-7 a week. All of them pretend to be women and then invite you to a cam site.

lol

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Rumor has it that CoD: MW2 is coming to backwards compat tomorrow

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Rumor has it that CoD: MW2 is coming to backwards compat tomorrow
I'd prefer a remaster but this is cool news

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Syrinxx posted:

They (r/xboxone) are going off it appearing on some xboxdvr list, but another user showed how easy it is to get pretty much anything on the 360 to show up on it, so I'm not holding my breath. MW2 online is a hackery clusterfuck anyway.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Even COD4's multiplayer is a clusterfuck. You can't spawn in without some try hard using a bolt action with an acog to insta-kill you. They didn't do anything to actually fix it.

Prop Hunt is awesome though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So, I'll probably finish up Quantum break this weekend. Whats another exclusive worth busting out?

How are Halo 5 and Gears 4?
Other stuff I might try are Ori and the Blind forest and Recore.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ori is really really good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cool that's the one I was leaning towards.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

If you have a Kinect I recommend Fru.

It's the only game I've ever seen make a novel use of motion other than "waggle to do x."

I seriously wish we had more novel ideas like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su6Jsn2V2L0

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

So, I'll probably finish up Quantum break this weekend. Whats another exclusive worth busting out?

Ori is good
Recore is an unfinished mess
Halo 5/gears 4 are more of those games.
Dead rising 3/4 are sucky versions of dead rising
Rare replay is good value
Ryse is launch window filler
Sunset overdrive is ok

Cant think if anymore games rn except forza

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I want to play Halo 5 and Gears 4, but knowing it's probably just more of the same basically gives me zero urgency to play them since I'm always just 1 and done with the single player and don't touch the MP.

Beastie posted:

If you have a Kinect I recommend Fru.

It's the only game I've ever seen make a novel use of motion other than "waggle to do x."

I seriously wish we had more novel ideas like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su6Jsn2V2L0

That looks fun. No kinect though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

Ori is a beautiful, tough platformer.

Recore... has potential, but you can see where they removed one of the frames. Like, there's an obvious empty space. And, the final level is a horrible slog, requiring you to have picked up a good portion of the special rainbow cores or whatever that keep doors sealed.

This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the atrocious load times. Like, just terrible, even on an external. You can tell where the seams are and where they cut to get it out of the door on time.

Real hurthling! posted:

Ori is good
Recore is an unfinished mess
Halo 5/gears 4 are more of those games.
Dead rising 3/4 are sucky versions of dead rising
Rare replay is good value
Ryse is launch window filler
Sunset overdrive is ok

Cant think if anymore games rn except forza

Halo 5 is all right. They made some (huge!) story missteps in their quest to not make more of the same. They know what they did.

Ryse is like Arkham Asylum if everyone was ancient Romans or English folks, and didn't have any of Batman's wonderful toys or anything else cool that Batman does. Combo-based brawler, really.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think you've played Arkham Asylum

Or Ryse

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Ryse is what happens when you build a game around an E3 trailer.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I got Ryse for free and it was fun for about 30 minutes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think you've played Arkham Asylum

Or Ryse

No, it's pretty much the combat from Arkham Asylum with none of the other good stuff, dude.

It's p. bad, actually.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Syrinxx posted:

RUMORS LOL

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No, it's pretty much the combat from Arkham Asylum with none of the other good stuff, dude.

It's p. bad, actually.

this seems pretty fair

it does have some pretty crazy boob physics though. so theres that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ryse seems like Xbone's Knack.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Ryse seems like Xbone's Knack.

Except Knack stayed exclusive and got a sequel.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, but Microsoft actually did give Ryse as a free game a few months ago. Still waiting on Knack

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Yeah, but Microsoft actually did give Ryse as a free game a few months ago. Still waiting on Knack

Everyone got Knack for free who bought a PS4 at launch in Japan.

I was going to say Knack could be a game next month since that's when Knack 2 is releasing, but Knack 2 is out the day PS+ titles roll over so doing that would seriously shoot its sales in the foot.

I hope they do it anyway. :unsmigghh:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They wont give knack for years cause its too funny still

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Can the regular XBox One (in my case the Elite) play 4K Blurays at 1080p, or will the disc not even work? I want to buy Planet Earth 2 only once.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Can the regular XBox One (in my case the Elite) play 4K Blurays at 1080p, or will the disc not even work? I want to buy Planet Earth 2 only once.

No it can't, but every UHD disc or box set I've ever seen (including Planet Earth II afaik) includes normal Blu-rays too.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Recore is supposedly getting a goty (lol) edition which may flesh out the sp campaign

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zat posted:

No it can't, but every UHD disc or box set I've ever seen (including Planet Earth II afaik) includes normal Blu-rays too.

Planet Earth II is actually the sole exception. Its bonus disc is always a normal 1080p Blu-Ray, but the 2 discs with the main content are only provided as UHD 4K discs.

You also shouldn't play UHD Blu-rays on non-HDR configurations as the colors aren't calibrated for that.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

univbee posted:

Planet Earth II is actually the sole exception. Its bonus disc is always a normal 1080p Blu-Ray, but the 2 discs with the main content are only provided as UHD 4K discs.

Oh, my bad. That indeed seems to be the case for the US version. The European set does include the main feature on Blu-rays, however.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

hanyolo posted:

Recore is supposedly getting a goty (lol) edition which may flesh out the sp campaign

Lol if they expect people to pay money for it now, though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum Break really feels like it was made 10 years ago. Shooters have come a long way and QB seems to include just about every single lovely thing that shooters used to have but got rid of.

I am so ready for this game to be over but it just will not end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
its like 10 hours lol