Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Wait a minute...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Well no wonder your graph came out all funny, you left this thing in Depeche mode.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Ignite Memories posted:

Well no wonder your graph came out all funny, you left this thing in Depeche mode.

Holy hell

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ignite Memories posted:

loving :laffo:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

:perfect:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm not getting it. I guess I'm in Depeche mode too?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

These are all excellent but this one remains my fav.

? ?

Actually, this shows the concept reasonably well. The scale is conflict level, and terrorism ranges in the lower end, but with indefinite upper and lower bounds to where it falls on the spectrum.

Usually the graph has more levels labeled, like peacekeeping, show of force, limited strikes, theater level conflict, etc.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Fathis Munk posted:

These are all excellent but this one remains my fav.

? ?
I think it's from a dissertation by one of White House advisors, Miller or Gorka, I don't remember which one.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

Let's see if we can get this thread ontopic again by scraping the latest gems from wtfviz.

I quite like this one. Make it so that you can tell the colours apart and it becomes useful. Using the slope to indicate change is pretty cool.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

They're semi-fine with trans people like Miranda Yardley who spend all their time writing about how transgenderism is evil and trans women aren't really women. Basically the same as how the homophobic right was fine with Milo, for a time at least.

There's an irony in TERFs being okay with Miranda Yardley, who is every bit the abusive boogeyman they claim all trans women are.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

TinTower posted:

There's an irony in TERFs being okay with Miranda Yardley, who is every bit the abusive boogeyman they claim all trans women are.

Enemy of my enemy...

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

gradenko_2000 posted:

I hate pie charts

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Carbon dioxide posted:

Let's see if we can get this thread ontopic again by scraping the latest gems from wtfviz.

55% of tech employees are women? What?

Or are they including office managers, HR, reception etc etc?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Outrail posted:

Are they not employees in tech sector?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Ignite Memories posted:

I didn't get this until several seconds later, well done

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Are they not employees in tech sector?

Yes but also no. I used to be a biologist working in the mining industry, but gently caress no would I call myself a miner.

The diagram is dumb as hell, but split it into tech worker/support staff and let's see how that looks.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Count Roland posted:

I quite like this one. Make it so that you can tell the colours apart and it becomes useful. Using the slope to indicate change is pretty cool.
Yeah it's asking a lot of the viewer (and the form is going to work only for a few types of things) but once I "got" this it was okay. Since you're asking so much anyway you might as well represent the raw AMOUNT of an activity with (say) the length or width of the line. Also it's kind of weird to represent peak time by circle location and then put a real rough notion of the distribution by how much of the line is on which side of the circle... rather just have something like density plots, though it would take up a lot more space.

The rest in that post, though, woof.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I'm the fractional increments on the x axis

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ikanreed posted:

I'm the fractional increments on the x axis

Well for an FPS comparison that actually makes sense (since it's going to be an average over time). It's just that a graph is completely unnecessary if you only have two data points.

Also the difference between 68 and 69 FPS would be completely imperceptible.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

nice

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Outrail posted:

Also that graph is a slight alteration from the original in here which is, hopefully, not being serious.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

HardDiskD posted:

Also that graph is a slight alteration from the original in here which is, hopefully, not being serious.

that is really good actually, please everyone go look at the graphs there, they fall under "funny" rather than awful

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

HardDiskD posted:

Pro click yeah

E: that website has a buncha good stuff actually.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 20:29 on Aug 10, 2017

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Came here to post this, lmao. Such a massive difference!

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD
Anandtech is infamous for graphs like this:

I know you've gotta hit the publish button the instant the press embargo ends, but sometimes their reviews have half the graphs missing, and when they do all get put up, you end up with stuff like this that never gets fixed.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Looks like a perfectly reasonable and honest graph.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Neither awful nor funny, but immensely cool.

William Playfair, a man of mostly criminal talents, invented the bar graph, line graph, and pie chart.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-scottish-scoundrel-who-changed-how-we-see-data

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And all have been defiled and degraded in horrible ways since then!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
George II certainly showed those vikings and made England great again right around 1755!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

mobby_6kl posted:

George II certainly showed those vikings and made England great again right around 1755!

Thofe were the worft deals. Terrible deals.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

canyoneer posted:

Thofe were the worft deals. Terrible deals.

https://twitter.com/donaeldunready/status/897198419202236416

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I don't get the problem?

He isn't a real doctor but he is a real worm. An actual worm.

And he likes to play the drums.

I think he's getting pretty good at them.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
funny graph

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
There was a schizophrenic who swallowed a moth
What a boss, to swallow a moth
He swallowed the moth to catch the bird
He swallowed the bird to catch the bee...

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

lifg posted:

Neither awful nor funny, but immensely cool.

William Playfair, a man of mostly criminal talents, invented the bar graph, line graph, and pie chart.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-scottish-scoundrel-who-changed-how-we-see-data

I can't get over how in 200 years the art of graphing data seems to have gotten worse. (I realize it's because so many people are doing it and not all of them know what they are doing.) But it's great how the novelty of the concept to his audience guided him into making the graphs as clear as possible, with those colours, labels and axes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

speculative-housing-bubble.jpg