Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Sininu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D23sMvVnrow
Might want to watch it with sound off because of dumb laugh track.

Laugh track? I thought that was the chicken.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/13429943_1713502755571613_2046417239_n.mp4

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S BLAH BLAH BLAH AND I'M TOO LAZY TO DO THIS.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
you could've at least gone as far as IT'S SECRETARIAT, if you're gonna do a joke then commit yo :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Once more, horseplay leads to roughhousing.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I hope this is a manga adaptation of Arsenic and Old Lace.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

This isn't a joke image by the way, there are actually multiple manga with this premise. It's weird.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

RatHat posted:

This isn't a joke image by the way, there are actually multiple manga with this premise. It's weird.

So, like... Is there a reason a middle schooler just couldn't be a mob boss? Somehow that seems the less strange route.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Das Boo posted:

So, like... Is there a reason a middle schooler just couldn't be a mob boss? Somehow that seems the less strange route.

Let me regale you with the tale of Dangan Ronpa 2.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sounds like a Dick Tracy villain.

Which in turn makes me want the mob boss turned into a teen girl become a part of a Manga-themed gangsters Rogues gallery.

Mille the Mascot. The Bishe Boys crew. The full cast of JoJos Bizarre Adventure. Spiky hair Spike.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Or just write a comic not about school kids for once, Japan. Like, about consenting adults capable of doing things on their own.

I'm not going to bring down the wrath of Birbmod with unfounded accusations, but Japan's interest in schoolchildren is a bit much.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Or just write a comic not about school kids for once, Japan. Like, about consenting adults capable of doing things on their own.

I'm not going to bring down the wrath of Birbmod with unfounded accusations, but Japan's interest in schoolchildren is a bit much.

Let me tell you about Berserk.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Screaming Idiot posted:

From what I understand a lot of adult people in Japan basically have no life aside from their job so high school was really the last time they had any freedom.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Double Punctuation posted:

Please no

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That half of it is like a Japanese version of Alexander Dumas and a clear inspiration for the Souls video games, then the protagonist gets saddled with a bunch of annoying kid sidekicks and farts around for thousands of pages with no signs of resolving the plot?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

mind the walrus posted:

Sounds like a Dick Tracy villain.

Which in turn makes me want the mob boss turned into a teen girl become a part of a Manga-themed gangsters Rogues gallery.

Mille the Mascot. The Bishe Boys crew. The full cast of JoJos Bizarre Adventure. Spiky hair Spike.

I'm unsure how familiar with Jojo, but you can bet your rear end there's an entire part about becoming an Italian mob boss.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

RareAcumen posted:

Let me regale you with the tale of Dangan Ronpa 2.

N-no.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RatHat posted:

From what I understand a lot of adult people in Japan basically have no life aside from their job so high school was really the last time they had any freedom.

Pretty much this, yes. Their birthrate is in the toilet because their jobs don't give them time to have relationships.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I'm unsure how familiar with Jojo, but you can bet your rear end there's an entire part about becoming an Italian mob boss.

I beg your pardon, it's about becoming a GANG-STAR

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Berserk has nothing to do with consenting adults!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dreddout posted:

Stop trolling us

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Dreddout posted:

:thejoke:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Inescapable Duck posted:

Pretty much this, yes. Their birthrate is in the toilet because their jobs don't give them time to have relationships.

What actually tends to happen is that everyone stays late doing gently caress all because they don't want to be seen to be going home before everyone else.

nothing gets done, it makes everyone miserable and nobody has time to get their bone on what the gently caress is wrong with you japan

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Screaming Idiot posted:

There are plenty of manga about, for and written by adults but they hardly ever get translated. The vast majority of stories starring teenagers are aimed at teenagers, that's like asking why western YA fiction doesn't have many adult main characters.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Extreme conservatism related to extreme deference to elders. If xenophobia wasn't also baked into their culture as I might feel worse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

mind the walrus posted:

Extreme conservatism related to extreme deference to elders. If xenophobia wasn't also baked into their culture as I might feel worse.

Not as xenophobic as this post

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh honey. Honey no. The implication is that their most obvious solution to a low birthrate and stolid hierarchy is to be open to an influx of foreign entities, which they are not because of well-documented haughtiness to anyone who is not Japanese on a macro level. Thus I would feel worse for the country if they weren't standing in their own way.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes I'm sure 'they' literally every Japanese person agrees with that and it's not just a dumb conservative government being dumb and conservative.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There is nowhere for this conversation to go but downwards. Cutting it here.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

mind the walrus posted:

Oh honey. Honey no. The implication is that their most obvious solution to a low birthrate and stolid hierarchy is to be open to an influx of foreign entities, which they are not because of well-documented haughtiness to anyone who is not Japanese on a macro level. Thus I would feel worse for the country if they weren't standing in their own way.

HAUGHTINESS!!

Gonna get my rear end to Japan and start busting some haughty skulls. Just throwing hikimoris through storefronts and kicking yakuzas in the nards. That'll teach em to drop the whole xenophobic act. Buncha panty-sniffing salaryman buttheads, the lot of em!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I feel like I'm reading an excerpt from the radioplay version of 4chan's origin

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Having known border collies, if they could make jokes those are absolutely the jokes they would make. See also the informative pamphlets called Footrot Flats.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Inescapable Duck posted:

Having known border collies, if they could make jokes those are absolutely the jokes they would make. See also the informative pamphlets called Footrot Flats.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Those ants are hosed. Freckles's Revenge. In theatres Summer '18.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mitosis is normally... slower than that.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

From ages back, but I can't believe nobody commented on this

Dude, you quoted Instant Jellyfish to tell her those are Instant Jellyfish's sheep!

Unless I'm missing a layer of irony here...?

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 12:28 on Aug 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Hyperlynx posted:

From ages back, but I can't believe nobody commented on this

Dude, you quoted Instant Jellyfish to tell her those are Instant Jellyfish's sheep!

Unless I'm missing a layer of irony here...?

:wow: