Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So opened up the Network at 7 PM central and it was playing a 1999 Smackdown, and a ticker said it was for "Flashback Fridays". How long has this been a thing? Because I miss when they randomly played old poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The flashback Fridays branding is new, but they started doing old Raw and Smackdowns a month or so ago.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

So opened up the Network at 7 PM central and it was playing a 1999 Smackdown, and a ticker said it was for "Flashback Fridays". How long has this been a thing? Because I miss when they randomly played old poo poo.

They just started it today but it's gonna be a weekly deal. Today was a DX tribute.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They just started it today but it's gonna be a weekly deal. Today was a DX tribute.

DX is a faction that is finally getting more and more recognition these days

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sigma posted:

DX is a faction that is finally getting more and more recognition these days

They kinda started the "Attitude Era", is what i'm hearing!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My favorite DX moment was when Hunter and Shawn bumped into Eric Bischoff backstage, and Bischoff said,"You know, I always thought of DX as a cheap knock-off of the nWo". He walks away, Shawn turns and asks HHH if that is true, and HHH replies,"I'm not gonna lie to you Shawn...." and walks away as well. :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Last night I watched the Raw from February 7th 2000. It was a really good show and the last 20 minutes is maybe my favourite Raw segment ever :)

it's the DX/Radicals v Too Cool/Rock/Cactus 10 man with the return of Kane

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That match just loving rules

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
watching the attitude era for the first time, its's kinda amazing how little HHH has to do with any of it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

watching the attitude era for the first time, its's kinda amazing how little HHH has to do with any of it.

He was the champion for much of the year (with most of the main event storylines focused on him) for over a year during the hottest point of the era.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

That match just loving rules

It does its got everything from hot crowd to the ending stinger with kane coming back was real magic and shame it can never really be shown on anything other than the network as it involves benoit.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Croc posted:

It does its got everything from hot crowd to the ending stinger with kane coming back was real magic and shame it can never really be shown on anything other than the network as it involves benoit.

I remember there was a website back then that would upload the highlights from RAW every week as SUPER COMPRESSED Real Player files

I specifically remember having that match downloaded in dogshit quality for years because it was so good and I would watch it all the time

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite DX moment was when Hunter and Shawn bumped into Eric Bischoff backstage, and Bischoff said,"You know, I always thought of DX as a cheap knock-off of the nWo". He walks away, Shawn turns and asks HHH if that is true, and HHH replies,"I'm not gonna lie to you Shawn...." and walks away as well. :)

Bischoff had a few fun character moments. I always enjoyed it whenever he'd briefly grow a spine and stand up to a heel because they got a little too familiar. He's fine in small doses, he knows how to heel.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Bischoff had a few fun character moments. I always enjoyed it whenever he'd briefly grow a spine and stand up to a heel because they got a little too familiar. He's fine in small doses, he knows how to heel.

"Whether it lasts 3 years, 3 months, or 3 minutes........ wait a minute? Did I just hear myself say...... 3 minutes? :smug:"

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

"Whether it lasts 3 years, 3 months, or 3 minutes........ wait a minute? Did I just hear myself say...... 3 minutes? :smug:"

This is the 2002iest thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4mrRVBt71M

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seeing Stephanie actually react and sell people getting one over on her (plus taking a bump!) is actually kinda surreal to see.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Seeing Stephanie actually react and sell people getting one over on her (plus taking a bump!) is actually kinda surreal to see.

She saves that for the grandest stage of them all now

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

He was the champion for much of the year (with most of the main event storylines focused on him) for over a year during the hottest point of the era.

sorry, what i meant to say is up to the point i'm up to. in the middle of 1999 is HHH is basically still just a mid to upper card guy in a stable, which is what he's been since the attitude era began.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I've just made my tri-monthly or whatever return to the WWE Network for Takeover/SummerSlam weekend, what's been really good on the Network since about Wrestlemania or so? I saw most of the big "PPV" matches already.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

NXT has been good.

S2 of Southpaw just went up on youtube.

That's pretty much it? The Mae Young Classic starts next week

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Edit: didn't read the whole post

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
you should watch Clash of the Champions XVII from 1991 WCW

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
You should watch NWO Souled Out 1997

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

try the new taco place posted:

I've just made my tri-monthly or whatever return to the WWE Network for Takeover/SummerSlam weekend, what's been really good on the Network since about Wrestlemania or so? I saw most of the big "PPV" matches already.

There was a UK network special on a few months ago, and the Chicago takeover was also very good.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Why are there like 30 missing ECW shows? All of the supercards but 3 are missing but the network says it's complete

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that a decision was made to hold off on the WCW Thunder series being added to the WWE Network. We were not able to 100% confirm why but it is likely because of the ongoing legal issues with Buff Bagwell and Scott Levy suing the company regarding the company not paying royalties on WWE Network material for content that talents would receive royalties for if it was released via physical media, such as DVDs. I speculated on this in an article earlier this week and this morning, confirmed the company specifically made a decision to not release Thunder (which is 100% ready to go, we are told) and instead release World Class Championship Wrestling episodes instead. WCCW was already slated to be the October "classic content" and we are told that the Network will be promoting the WCCW drop with an "Everything Bigger in Texas" theme.

Boo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But people wanted WCCW on the Network, and Thunder was a Very Bad Show?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Seams posted:

sorry, what i meant to say is up to the point i'm up to. in the middle of 1999 is HHH is basically still just a mid to upper card guy in a stable, which is what he's been since the attitude era began.

Get ready for 2000, the best year of booking ever and Triple H might have been the best wrestler in the world at the time.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

The only important thing to ever happen on Thunder was Arquette's world title win. Nothing else ever happened, before or after. Thunder will not be missed.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People who are nostalgic for Thunder would probably have a very rude awakening if they sat down to watch it today.

Thunder loving sucked.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

People who are nostalgic for Thunder would probably have a very rude awakening if they sat down to watch it today.

Thunder loving sucked.

Drugs and suicide filled late period WCCW isn't the greatest substitute.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Personally, I'm really jonezing for them to add episodes of Superstars and Wrestling Challenge.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I want Thunder.

I know it's bad, but I want it anyway.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Thunder was loving terrible. It was all jobbers. Maybe a decent cruiserweight match. Then the main even would be Horace hogan vs raven or mongo in an epic battle for control of wcw.

By the time they had main eventers on the show wcw had gone to poo poo in 2000 so nothing mattered anyways.

By today's wrestlers it would be a main even if rusev vs dolph ziggler. Or Sami zayan vs rhino.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The American Dream posted:

Thunder was loving terrible. It was all jobbers. Maybe a decent cruiserweight match. Then the main even would be Horace hogan vs raven or mongo in an epic battle for control of wcw.

By the time they had main eventers on the show wcw had gone to poo poo in 2000 so nothing mattered anyways.

By today's wrestlers it would be a main even if rusev vs dolph ziggler. Or Sami zayan vs rhino.

I would like to think that WCW having like 200 signed guys would've resulted in at least an interesting lower-card show, but no, Thunder is famous for being worthless.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Have they added Heat or Velocity yet

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/wwenetwork/status/916053037235412992

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I want Stampede back, I still have the series in my favorites for the week or 2 it was available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This is a dumb question but is Kevin Owens story on the Network?