Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

JackDarko posted:

What is Vinny's Twitch Handle? Mind cavity?

https://www.twitch.tv/vinesauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Gimme the Bad PC, I need to hear some. Even if Vinny is bad at schut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUDaUo6rJBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm5sXcUlgug

e: And that's another round of translating. All the stuff I seem to get characterises Marina as some pure, innocent goddess and Pearl as her blushing, screaming straight-man. Who constantly utters the refrain 'You're not going to turn me into a lesbian, you're not going to turn me into a lesbian' like it's a Sutra under her breath.

Haven't seen much western stuff, though. Presume Marina's enormously sarcastic?

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 12, 2017

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JackDarko posted:

What is Vinny's Twitch Handle? Mind cavity?

Vinesauce.

e - Those are just High Quality Rips, Naba. I don't see the Vineness.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 12, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

WarpedNaba posted:

Haven't seen much western stuff, though. Presume Marina's enormously sarcastic?

Western Marina is sassy. She lays down some downright brutal sass on Pearl for acting childish in most of the map-rotation comments.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 12, 2017

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

nvm

pissdude fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 12, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Marina basically treats Pearl like her little sister. They obviously like each other but Marina berates Pearl a lot for acting childish. Sometimes she is just a flat out jerk trying to annoy Pearl for kicks.

pissdude posted:

probably best not to use that term in conjunction with that smiley, kind of racist

No

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

pissdude posted:

probably best not to use that term in conjunction with that smiley, kind of racist

Apologies, removed.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Vinesauce.

e - Those are just High Quality Rips, Naba. I don't see the Vineness.

My apologies, I couldn't find the remixes. Please accept these high quality rips as a compromise.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WarpedNaba posted:

My apologies, I couldn't find the remixes. Please accept these high quality rips as a compromise.

Well, they are exceptionally High Quality. So forgiven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko7flnTUDFs&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTmmD8X_7LQ

This one is especially Quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRb_bamM2p4

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So does a brella shield work against a slosher going over it? I kept on killing brella users too fast to find out. :(

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If you're hitting the shield head on, it'll block the shot. However, you can just aim upwards if you're close enough to them. Even then, the shield isn't invincible, since enough ink on it will force it to go away.

Also don't get too close to an umbrella user, since the umbrella can perform a very quick 3 hit kill if they're right next to their target. The initial shots themselves, and the umbrella popping out will deal enough damage to splat someone.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
No Salmon Run on a Friday night? This is bullshit, how do I justify being antisocial now?

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Nuts and Gum posted:

No Salmon Run on a Friday night? This is bullshit, how do I justify being antisocial now?

This is true. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday should be all salmon run all the time because I hate friends.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
A real friend would be out there waist deep in salmonid with you anyway.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Bill Barber posted:

You can use the recently played with feature from within the Switch OS to ban users like that so you won't get matched up with them again.

There's actually another and probably better option: Go to SplatNet 2, choose the match in question and select the bad apple. There is an option to report said player for bad behaviour to the authorities. No point in letting bad squids go unpunished.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I feel my squid has accomplished its dream of becoming a being of pure grease.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Woomy Ramone

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/hizake/status/895982152898170884

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
how the heck do you approach splat zones in shipyard

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

dragon enthusiast posted:

how the heck do you approach splat zones in shipyard

I dunno, I just play it like regular Turf Wars. It's good practice for Splat Zones, because you learn methods in how to take over the middle section. Don't try to solo your way through, but rather keep your distance until you have some backup with you.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Rexroom posted:

I dunno, I just play it like regular Turf Wars. It's good practice for Splat Zones, because you learn methods in how to take over the middle section. Don't try to solo your way through, but rather keep your distance until you have some backup with you.

The amount of times I see teammates charging solo into a splatzone occupied by the enemy team and dying promptly and then doing the same thing over and over :allears:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes you get a team who will literally go in one by one like pigs to the slaughter for the entire length of the match

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Hahaha!

I love when brella users desperately try to shield against my blaster to no avail!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Weapon report: The Splat Brella is good. Insanely good. It's even better at turfing than the Aerospray. The shield function is great against chargers who like to think they're fresh, just let it fly and you can get close enough to rain on the cheeky squid. It can even withstand a direct hit from an Ink Jet.

This will certainly see more use. Will have to see how it'll fare in ranked battles, but so far this is promising.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm surprised they haven't locked it into one of the upcoming Salmon Run rotations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What the heck am I meant to do with a sprinkler

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Like do I throw it above an enemy path that might be a little risky to ink myself?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Dr Cheeto posted:

What the heck am I meant to do with a sprinkler

It's a quick tool to ink areas, so you don't have to be there to fill your special meter. It can also be used to distract opponents, since it is a bit of a nuisance.

You can also splat with it, but that's a rare occurrence.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Like do I throw it above an enemy path that might be a little risky to ink myself?

You do that and hide so when an enemy comes to shoot it you pop out and splat them.

Also the sprinklers are considered the same as you inking turf, so your score and special bar will fill over time as well (until there's no more area to ink)

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
You can throw the sprinkler while jumping so it sticks onto dumb places, like the hanging lights in humpback

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I had a long day yesterday, so I kinda... snapped at yet another useless charger hanging back waaay in our territory and refusing to actually go out and, ya know, BE USEFUL?

So... I spent the last minute of the match trying to annoy him. First I swam around him squidding repeatedly. Then I got right in front of him and mashed the brush button in his face (I was an Octobrush) until I ran out of ink. Then I recharged my ink and did it again. Then the last 10 seconds I just followed him spamming "BOOYAH" constantly.

He was still in the next, several, of my matches, doing the exact same thing.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Silver Falcon posted:

I had a long day yesterday, so I kinda... snapped at yet another useless charger hanging back waaay in our territory and refusing to actually go out and, ya know, BE USEFUL?

So... I spent the last minute of the match trying to annoy him. First I swam around him squidding repeatedly. Then I got right in front of him and mashed the brush button in his face (I was an Octobrush) until I ran out of ink. Then I recharged my ink and did it again. Then the last 10 seconds I just followed him spamming "BOOYAH" constantly.

You're the worst person in that exchange fyi

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Silver Falcon posted:

drat, just quit out after the first match and wait a sec before requeuing. Don't be toxic.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

It's a lot less cute when you realize that those umbrellas are all that protects them from painfully dissolving.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Silver Falcon posted:

You sure showed that child! :discourse:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Lol

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Just quit the lobby and then get into a battle again to scramble who gets into the room instead of getting that mad at people being bad at the game. Or take a break from the game if you're resorting to doing things like that.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I love the Brella so far. I don't know if it's because it's new and people aren't used to it yet, but I was consistently getting 1000+ points per game. I don't feel like there's any sacrifice of coverage, coming from a roller. But I still kind of sucked at splatting/defending with it, so there's a lot of room for practice.

Also with my username, it kind of feels like destiny.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Give me the oil-paper Brella and a yukata already, Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Infinity posted: