Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pro click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg1SUSMHfcY

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Breeding programs.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
i don know y yall trashin on my boy he rocks he gonna take out the stragoli frmo the inside networks

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I've just found out that the channel that showed the first three seasons has dropped it, and it doesn't have a UK broadcaster. The only way they annouced this was in a reply to someone on Twitter, rather than a press release or anything. I can't even wait for the DVD because they seem to have given up - season 3 doesn't seem to be out on region 2. I guess I have to wait until its on Amazon video?

I want to know how the stupid show about Corey Stoll and David Bradley fighting vampires ends, so I am very angry at this.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

OldMemes posted:

I've just found out that the channel that showed the first three seasons has dropped it, and it doesn't have a UK broadcaster. The only way they annouced this was in a reply to someone on Twitter, rather than a press release or anything. I can't even wait for the DVD because they seem to have given up - season 3 doesn't seem to be out on region 2. I guess I have to wait until its on Amazon video?

I want to know how the stupid show about Corey Stoll and David Bradley fighting vampires ends, so I am very angry at this.

there's always :filez: this stuff gets on the internet about an hour after it aired

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

why is the off-brand poo poo soooo much loving better than the show?

oh yea... total lack of that loving kid

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Was this episode worth watching? The description says it's all about Dutch (who's okay) and Gus (who sucks real bad), so I can't bring myself to start it.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

ShakeZula posted:

Was this episode worth watching? The description says it's all about Dutch (who's okay) and Gus (who sucks real bad), so I can't bring myself to start it.

It was okay. It's probably only worth watching if you care about the plot because it had a few flashbacks that sort of explained the present situation.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

jfood posted:

why is the off-brand poo poo soooo much loving better than the show?

oh yea... total lack of that loving kid

But wait, they have one with the kid. And it isn't horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVg6nahsdBg

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

"I want to penetrate the Jew"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jew it to it! posted:

But wait, they have one with the kid. And it isn't horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVg6nahsdBg

This is so beautiful

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That yellow "postapocalyptic" filter they are using this season is one of the worst artistic decisions I've ever seen on TV, seriously, it looks like somebody puked all over the screen. It is made even worse by the sharp shadows everybody casts in some scenes, even though the effect is supposed to simulate an overcast - it's not only ugly, it's also cheap as hell.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's the Miami filter.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

It's the Miami Mexico filter.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Ephraim and new resistance girl bonding over poison-making

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why did they cast an actress as a love interest for the stupid kid who looks like she's 30?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Why did they cast an actress as a love interest for the stupid kid who looks like she's 30?
I looked her up on imdb and she's apparently only 23.

Also, did anyone catch if Eichhorst is still missing a hand, or did he regrow it somehow?

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

She looks about 17 or 18 to me but I'm hopeless with telling ages. I read it as a dorky 13-year-old who has the hots for an older girl. I know I had crushes on women who were well into their 20s and 30s (let alone late teens) when I was that age, and I probably unrealistically expected them to reciprocate my crush. Who knows, maybe she will want to gently caress him when she finds out he's responsible for the nuclear holocaust?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She'll actually bang him for some reason and he'll tell her the truth in the middle of it. Then his crawly minion will appear and rip her head off.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
This final season is improved drastically by fastforwarding every single frame with zack in it. highly recommended, unless you're one of those FBI watchlist creeps who is enjoying the child actor repeatedly getting on his knees and opening his mouth wide to receive globs of white goo :roflolmao:

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
The UK broadcasters just released a statement saying 'yeah we're not showing the final season after carrying the last three because we're cheap, enjoy reality TV shows instead'.

I want to see David Bradley howling like a madman while fighting vampires again UK broadcasters! Also, where the scenes of John Hurt playing Setrakian in the Pilot ever released to the public? As much as I like Bradley in the role, it would be interesting to see Hurt's take, are they on the DVD or anything?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheRationalRedditor posted:

This final season is improved drastically by fastforwarding every single frame with zack in it. highly recommended, unless you're one of those FBI watchlist creeps who is enjoying the child actor repeatedly getting on his knees and opening his mouth wide to receive globs of white goo :roflolmao:

The Walking Dead : We've got a kid actor with a terrible haircut, stilted delivery and you want to gouge your eyes out every time he's onscreen because he has no chemistry with anyone. He's almost as bad as our CGI tiger.

The Strain: Hold my beer.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
So far I am a little positively surprised by season 4. Having the balls to do apocalypse world has made the show more interesting to me, and the pseudo-nazi vampire regime is more interesting than the painfully stupid buildup to it. Basically it is easier to embrace this goofy reality where we should have been by season 2's end (moving/condensing everything ofc).

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I'd be happy to have another season of this. I'm enjoying the world building but I feel like it'll soon devolve into a rushed mess where the writers try to cobble together a satisfying conclusion.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Yeah, it's come a long way and now that it doesn't suck, they end it.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
"That girl has to guilt bang me because I've been so nice to her."

-Zach "The Santa Barbara Shooter" Goodweather

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Octy posted:

I'd be happy to have another season of this. I'm enjoying the world building but I feel like it'll soon devolve into a rushed mess where the writers try to cobble together a satisfying conclusion.

Well Zach is brutally murdered in the books, so that's pretty satisfying.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Shitenshi posted:

I looked her up on imdb and she's apparently only 23.

Also, did anyone catch if Eichhorst is still missing a hand, or did he regrow it somehow?

Not sure, I forgot he lost it. But Eichorst is vain enough that he woukd either put on a prothesis or try to minimize people noticing it.

It's funny because I remember a scene where was putting on his makeup and saying "Soon I will no longer have to hide my true self from the world." Now it's Vampire Earth and they blatently walk among us and he still spends 2 hours a day putting on concealer and a fake nose. :lol:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Astroman posted:

Not sure, I forgot he lost it. But Eichorst is vain enough that he woukd either put on a prothesis or try to minimize people noticing it.

It's funny because I remember a scene where was putting on his makeup and saying "Soon I will no longer have to hide my true self from the world." Now it's Vampire Earth and they blatently walk among us and he still spends 2 hours a day putting on concealer and a fake nose. :lol:

Richard Sammel owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRmBKVSYHuQ

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Astroman posted:

In the restaurant scene you could see that it is just a stump.

I'm not feeling this season that much, it just feels way too slowed down. Especially since it is the final season.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mulva posted:

Well Zach is brutally murdered in the books, so that's pretty satisfying.

I stopped reading after I finished the second book, how does the series end and how different from the show is it?

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I stopped reading after I finished the second book, how does the series end and how different from the show is it?

Vasily gets a functioning nuke, they find the master's birth site. Eph detonates it vaporizing himself, his brainwashed son, quinlan's recently slain remains, and the master. Instant death from a nuke is a bit of a stretch for brutally murdered

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Lord Sexatron posted:

Vasily gets a functioning nuke, they find the master's birth site. Eph detonates it vaporizing himself, his brainwashed son, quinlan's recently slain remains, and the master. Instant death from a nuke is a bit of a stretch for brutally murdered

Well I mean he gets nuked by his dad, that's like the second highest spanking you can get. Second only to The Stand's nuke by God. When God detonates a nuclear weapon to kill you, you done hosed up.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

muscles like this! posted:

In the restaurant scene you could see that it is just a stump.

I'm not feeling this season that much, it just feels way too slowed down. Especially since it is the final season.

Eh, I dunno, the previous seasons had the weird issues of being too fast and too slow at the same time, like they had no concept of what they were going for. This time they actually seem to be following a certain rhythm, but I honestly don't see how they could wrap up everything in the remaining episodes...

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Quinlan and some girl he just met playing dress up with him is still a better love story than Twilight.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I love that the buildup to the baby factory is that it's just a veal farm. They made it sound like it was a crucial part of their plan for global domination but nope, Eichhorst just loooves the taste of newborns with B+ blood

I didn't like the reveal of the concentration camp. Why would anyone be surprised by that?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I think it's gonna take a lot more than some concealer and foundation to fix up Eichorst after this!

Though it was funny that Dutch called him out on "why ARE you still wearing makeup anyway?"

Turns out he still needs to feel special and different from the run of the mill strigoi. And as we can see from his very human desire to get Setrakian to admit there is no God, he's still very human mentally.

I didn't get the thing with Quinlan and the woman. Her brother was dying, he refused to turn him, but let him die and bit her instead? :confused:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Astroman posted:

I didn't get the thing with Quinlan and the woman. Her brother was dying, he refused to turn him, but let him die and bit her instead? :confused:

He can't turn people because he's only half-vampire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
This was definitely one of the better episodes after a rather slow season. I'm surprised Eph didn't just shoot the vamp woman when she was walking away before she turned and mug her corpse of the rifle. But it'd be awkward bringing up the whole weirdness of the Master remote controlling vampires and still having his relationship with Alex down the road, because you KNOW they're gonna gently caress.

Astroman posted:

Quinlan said he can't cure anyone when she asked him to do it. He doesn't have any worms.

• Locked thread