Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Because I like it. Is that somehow a problem for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
The carbon roller is so loving useless in salmon run

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Deceptive Thinker posted:

The carbon roller is so loving useless in salmon run

Are you flicking or rolling?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Rexroom posted:

This will certainly see more use. Will have to see how it'll fare in ranked battles, but so far this is promising.

At least in my experience, I was able to defend the Tower singlehandedly against chargers and blasters in a few games and went on some killing sprees while on the tower since the range is deceptively long. The umbrella launch does 30 damage so you can do some chip damage to people shooting at the Tower then splat them.

I couldn't find as much utility for the Brella in Rainmaker, you can make ink lines using the launcher but those tend to get painted over quickly

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lakbay posted:

At least in my experience, I was able to defend the Tower singlehandedly against chargers and blasters in a few games and went on some killing sprees while on the tower since the range is deceptively long. The umbrella launch does 30 damage so you can do some chip damage to people shooting at the Tower then splat them.

I couldn't find as much utility for the Brella in Rainmaker, you can make ink lines using the launcher but those tend to get painted over quickly

Maybe launch it and get the carrier to tuck in behind as it goes?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It moves slightly slower than a curling bomb so the carrier would be splatted. Also the carrier is usually being shot from all sides most of the time.

In the maps with popular chokepoints (humpback pump track) I launched the brella, people took chip damage without realizing it then they were splatted easily when the team got there

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
My experience against brellas is so far that they whiff the first shot and then die to my splatty jr, or the umbrella breaks and then they die. High fire rate weapons run circles around them, at least for now.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

I had a long day yesterday, so I kinda... snapped at yet another useless charger hanging back waaay in our territory and refusing to actually go out and, ya know, BE USEFUL?

So... I spent the last minute of the match trying to annoy him. First I swam around him squidding repeatedly. Then I got right in front of him and mashed the brush button in his face (I was an Octobrush) until I ran out of ink. Then I recharged my ink and did it again. Then the last 10 seconds I just followed him spamming "BOOYAH" constantly.

He was still in the next, several, of my matches, doing the exact same thing.

I have no problem with this

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Brellas seem to have the same inking pattern as blasters without the ability to splat around corners.

I guess trading aoe damage for a shield is acceptable.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You sure showed that child! :discourse:

Hey, it may have been me. I tried charger for exactly one Turf War yesterday; it did not go well. It was either me or someone's 4-year-old.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Brellas seem to have the same inking pattern as blasters without the ability to splat around corners.

I guess trading aoe damage for a shield is acceptable.

I feel like the effectiveness of the shield depends a lot on your latency, as I have been killed a number of times from the front with it up, the enemy team's weapon composition, and their ability to concentrate fire. You might as well not have it if there's a bucket or blaster killing you with shots over the shield.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

The Black Stones posted:

Because I like it. Is that somehow a problem for you?
The other modes are much more fun. Have you tried them yet?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I wonder if object shredder works on brellas

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

How on earth do people like Willbo even get to B rank? I'm bitter

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Doesn't look so bad to me, he inked a lot and provided some kills too.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Yeah Wilbo did fine, stop being salty

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

yeah i wonder how willbo did so bad against a team that seemed to roll right over 3/4 of your team

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

Frankston posted:

Doesn't look so bad to me, he inked a lot and provided some kills too.

Honestly didn't realise it tells you how much of the zone someone inked until your post.

Sorry Willbo

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crayfish posted:

I’m confused, this looks like it was an extremely close match between two evenly matched teams, with no clear weak point on either?

The dude you’re bitching about had the least kills on your team, sure, but unless it’s really low (like 3) kills aren’t a measure of quality in Splatoon. Or any game that doesn’t have a death match mode, really.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Splatoon 2: goons getting salty over literal children

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

lelandjs posted:

but unless it’s really low (like 3) kills aren’t a measure of quality in Splatoon

I've gotten sub 3 kills when dunking the rainmaker within the first minute of the match

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Besides, kills aren't everything and doesn't matter at the very end. The game only cares about who accomplished the objective/who was the closest to accomplishing the objective. I've had several matches where the winning team was actually the one with the least amount of kills.

Crayfish
May 7, 2009
Yeah, I just saw the 5 kills and 13 deaths and didn't notice how effective the guy was at inking the zone. Oh well.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If you're using a really close range weapon and your team is floundering then its hard to be effective yourself. Close range weapons excel at ambushes but if you can't take control of the zone then you never get a chance to do that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The people who say "Kills aren't everything" don't have the best K/D game in game out

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Kills matter in as much as taking players away from the objective matters.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzaS5WJceDY

Splatoon anime comic manga animation thingie

quote:

Rather than a straight up anime, CoroCoro calls the series a “comic anime”. That’s because instead of true animation, it’s more along the lines of a manga with voiced dialogue. There are bits of animation sprinkled throughout, however.

I expected very little and somehow was still disappointed.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

*spends an hour colour coordinating outfits*
*plays salmon run*

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Sure as poo poo doesn't seem like it. I hit a brella no fewer than 4 times head on with the Tri-Slosher and it didn't break.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Crayfish posted:

How do you get this picture and these detailed stats? Did they update the game?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wuggles posted:

How do you get this picture and these detailed stats? Did they update the game?

That's from the app, it provides more detailed results of your last 50 games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One thing I wish they would add is a total win-loss record just for curiosity's sake. Salmon Run shows you your complete history and I'd be curious to know how many times I've heard the 1 minute left theme

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just got splatted by a sniper who was in front of me and aiming completely the other way :thumbsup:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

As a first time splatoon player, I find it amazing how many horrible people are who play this game. It's amazing. It's a simple game and yet people are mindnumbingly stupid relative to other games

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

XyrlocShammypants posted:

As a first time splatoon player, I find it amazing how many horrible people are who play this game. It's amazing. It's a simple game and yet people are mindnumbingly stupid relative to other games

People are loving awful at every game ever made.

Source: Me, an awful gamer

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It does, but it's an incredibly minimal increase, like maybe 10%. Not worth it.

As a first time splatoon player

:raise:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Brella good.
My first match had a splattershotter jump on me from higher up and explode on impact on my open brella. A++ would splat again.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

What the poo poo? I went to start Salmon run today and I started at 40/99 instead of 115/99.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Night Blade posted:

What the poo poo? I went to start Salmon run today and I started at 40/99 instead of 115/99.

Salmon Run always resets your rank back to 40/99 when a new period starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Whenever a charger is being an rear end in the opposite team of turf war, i can't help make it my personal mission to make his life hell.