Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah I am trying to watch The International this year and I cannot bring myself to bring a poo poo. Maybe I'll try again with the grand finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah I am trying to watch The International this year and I cannot bring myself to bring a poo poo. Maybe I'll try again with the grand finals.

Whenever I've tried to watch the international the announcers say 5 minutes in who won because it's basically already been determined by somebody failing or gaining on some of the million boring poo poo statistics happening on screen constantly but then they still have to play the rest of the 45 minute match for no reason. Pass.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I can't believe Nintendo made a Switch game out of Checkerboard Chase from Kirby 64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cVohV7F8v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-iASkwCKYA

Holy poo poo I loved that mini game

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/JustinL_Art/status/895664507778998272

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Schurik posted:

Anyone know some more co-op games like Battleblock Theater and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime? As in, 2 players, easy to pick up and *actually* cooperative - not along the lines of Diablo or horde modes, where you're just playing the same game without interacting much, but games that basically require you to communicate, interact with and actively help each other to succeed?

Chariot. Two players cooperate to move a rolling cart through massive levels where fighting enemies is a distant second to pulling, pushing, swinging and riding on your daddy's coffin. As you go along you get new upgrades like a lantern that open up new areas, and each stage has multiple entrances and exits. Not nearly as high stress as Overcooked can be and there's a dedicated high-five button. I recommend it often and it sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Whenever I've tried to watch the international the announcers say 5 minutes in who won because it's basically already been determined by somebody failing or gaining on some of the million boring poo poo statistics happening on screen constantly but then they still have to play the rest of the 45 minute match for no reason. Pass.

I'm pretty sure the announcers never said that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think Dota players are pretty good at gauging their chances and will gg as soon as they are sure there is no hope

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember buying this game called Demigod years ago that was a MOBA before people started using the term. It was published by Stardock and it was pretty much dead a couple weeks after launch. Worst purchase I made until Simcity 2013

I think that game had huge online infrastructure problems at launch so it was really hard to get a game during the critical first few weeks rendering it pretty much DOA. Also the main Stardock guy is one of those internet tech libertarian types so they made a big deal about the game having no copy protection whatsoever, which is pretty strange for an online multiplayer game and probably contributed to the strained infrastructure.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Moon Monster posted:

I think that game had huge online infrastructure problems at launch so it was really hard to get a game during the critical first few weeks rendering it pretty much DOA. Also the main Stardock guy is one of those internet tech libertarian types so they made a big deal about the game having no copy protection whatsoever, which is pretty strange for an online multiplayer game and probably contributed to the strained infrastructure.

It was because gamestop broke the street date lol. Remember buying PC games in stores?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/896369071301824515

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's understandable, and I know and agree that swearing has been around even 1,000's of year, but I dont think the words gently caress, or poo poo, or any would be invented to know and say the words. But its just cringey to put the word of the 20th and 21st century swear word in a game that takes place of 1,000's of years ago.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

rip

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Why is persona 5 so good, why is an anime making me feel this way, i'm so confused

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Macarius Wrench posted:

Why is persona 5 so good, why is an anime making me feel this way, i'm so confused

anime is good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Macarius Wrench posted:

You're infected sorry

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I can't help but feel the art style changed at some point :thunk:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raserys posted:

It's understandable, and I know and agree that swearing has been around even 1,000's of year, but I dont think the words gently caress, or poo poo, or any would be invented to know and say the words. But its just cringey to put the word of the 20th and 21st century swear word in a game that takes place of 1,000's of years ago.

:psyduck:

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Thanks for the suggestions guys

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Raserys posted:

Pretend it's a translation decision because modern English also did not exist a thousand years ago but profanity definitely did.

*translators note: "kisama" is a deragotory way of saying "you" which is an example of ironic wordplay because it is made up of the kanji for "esteemed honorable person" that is why we translated the line as "you motherfucking poo poo eating bastard"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Raserys posted:

Shut the fuckere up

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't remember if there was swearing in mass effect or if it was all replaced by stuff like 'son of a krogan!'

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mass Effect's dialogue was entirely PG-13 and within the first 30 minutes of Mass Effect 2 you heard the now-infamous "Don't. gently caress. With. Aria" line that I'd be lying if I said I didn't think was cool.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

exquisite tea posted:

Mass Effect's dialogue was entirely PG-13 and within the first 30 minutes of Mass Effect 2 you heard the now-infamous "Don't. gently caress. With. Aria" line that I'd be lying if I said I didn't think was cool.

Spoken by Carrie-Anne Moss in a pretty cool little cameo.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
it's a youtube comment on the hellblade ending

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Raserys posted:

it's a youtube comment on the hellblade ending

It was a little anachronistic sounding but I was so into the emotion of the scene at the time that it didn't bother me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Voiced games should use the original language of their settings with subtitles.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Voiced games should use the original language of their settings with subtitles.

For Honor attempted to do this and it was a huge financial blunder because people couldn't stan them like they did for their Overwatch waifus.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
For Honor had named characters?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Is there a way to read threads in the Comedy Gas Chamber without having to squint through that ugly green theme? I want to read the No Man's Sky launch thread and it's not good to look at.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I played Assassin's Creed II in Italian and it was a fantastic experience. I am glad that I can play the Yakuza games in Japanese as well

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Raserys posted:

For Honor had named characters?

No it didn't, and that probably ended up being a mistake since you just got generic Samuria + Viking warriors instead of characters with sassy one-liners and taunts.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is there a way to read threads in the Comedy Gas Chamber without having to squint through that ugly green theme? I want to read the No Man's Sky launch thread and it's not good to look at.

The Awful app?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Tales of Berseria is good, but has possibly the worst mascot character I've ever seen

That weird bunny from Xenogears is also up there

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Bienfu owns because everyone finds him as annoying as the player does, its a good deconstruction of the mascot characters in tales

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIR68PhoX3M

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/896370250463281152

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

Tales of Berseria is good, but has possibly the worst mascot character I've ever seen

Bienfu is great

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Looper posted:

Seraphita was not the mascot.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

babypolis posted:

Bienfu owns because everyone finds him as annoying as the player does, its a good deconstruction of the mascot characters in tales

"We acknowledge this thing is annoying but did it anyway!" does not make it good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

"We acknowledge this thing is annoying but did it anyway!" does not make it good

yeah but in practice he doesnt have time to be annoying because everyone is too busy dunking on him

• Locked thread