Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
What if they have a gluten allergy?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
gently caress I gotta get crepes for lunch now.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Pavlov posted:

What if they have a gluten allergy?

You can get buckwheat crepes! People mostly put savoury fillings in em but I've made buckwheat pancakes and waffles and they're good with sweet things too

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Crepe report: there are NO CREPES IN MY TOWN. I've decided to move.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Pavlov posted:

Crepe report: there are NO CREPES IN MY TOWN. I've decided to move.

You must take matters into your own hands and make them yourself.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
No Crepes here, only Croissants.

She reminds me of those little tiny yappy dogs that are always on the offense.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Ninja Shinobu-chan is really cute and I'm gonna be sad when it doesn't update every day

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm enjoying Ninja Shinobu-chan, thanks for mentioning it!

There's also a new Flying Witch that seems to be going somewhere interesting, I can't wait--

Dang.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Onean posted:

There's also a new Flying Witch that seems to be going somewhere interesting, I can't wait--

Dang.

The "Shopping street that goes on forever" reminds me of that chapter of And The Town Turns where Hotori's sister gets lost in some other dimension (Also a good and finished SDL manga so check it out if you haven't). It's also pretty exciting to see a Flying Witch story last more than one chapter, so I am pretty pumped for the next issue! I like that it's still super chill despite being a ~spooky mystery~.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

New Sleepy Princess

So ruthless!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Suya has absolutely no mercy! She's an unholy terror. :unsmigghh:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoubleDonut posted:

Ninja Shinobu-chan is really cute and I'm gonna be sad when it doesn't update every day

Onean posted:

Very misleading title. I went in expecting ninjas but there's not a single ninja in the story.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Very misleading title. I went in expecting ninjas but there's not a single ninja in the story.

*Does the "eyes" from Sumire 16-Sai*

I think childhood friend is pretty good and cool. It's neat how she's mainly being positioned purely as a platonic friend, it's really refreshing rather than having her as YET another rival.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 11, 2017

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

DrSunshine posted:

*Does the "eyes" from Sumire 16-Sai*

I think childhood friend is pretty good and cool. It's neat how she's mainly being positioned purely as a platonic friend, it's really refreshing rather than having her as YET another rival.

I'm ... not entirely convinced she's gonna stay platonic. She seems to have an unrequited attraction to the MC which may turn things sideways as relationships progress.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ninja Shinobu-san 10

Holy poo poo this thing is adorable. Good find.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

:ohdear:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
There's literally zero chance everything was just a delusion, considering what she's already done. I'd bet that she just can't see images as well as she thought she could. Like, probably she gets the "idea" of an image but her own brain fills in what that would look like.

like: image of "Mana but her hair is a croissant" is perfect, image of "the boy my daughter is getting close to" becomes Toda, image of "my girlfriend" that Nakano's never met comes out wrong.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

:aaaaa:

Wait... no that's not possible, given that she's replied to people's thoughts before. AH, but I guess only the images were made up by her but not the content of the thoughts? Interesting development.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So, Nakano, about all of those mental images you were getting from Toda...

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

So this is the part where the hero Nakano is down and out and its up to the plucky hamster sidekick Mana to save the day, right?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I don't remember did she reveal the dirty content of Toda's thoughts to Mana? I guess yeah the revelation is that she is the one with the dirty mind. Kinda weird that this is happening after she realized she liked Toda already.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
The version on Batoto has a TL note at the bottom noting that "Mousou" means "Delusional".

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Ninja Shinobu-san 10

Holy poo poo this thing is adorable. Good find.

It really super is. It's too bad that apparently the manga ended after 30 chapters, but hey, it's better to end at some point rather than dragging things out pointlessly like some romcom manga are wont to do...

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Red Minjo posted:

There's literally zero chance everything was just a delusion, considering what she's already done. I'd bet that she just can't see images as well as she thought she could. Like, probably she gets the "idea" of an image but her own brain fills in what that would look like.

like: image of "Mana but her hair is a croissant" is perfect, image of "the boy my daughter is getting close to" becomes Toda, image of "my girlfriend" that Nakano's never met comes out wrong.

There was also the time where her mom wanted a particular 'sandwich' as a school trip souvenir and Aya saw it as a bread and fillings sort, but it was actually a kind of cookie?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Also she thought Toda wanted a Coke but he took the milk coffee.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hi I read all of Mousou today, it's very good

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
I didn't not know this was a thing. Now I'm hungry.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Well she sure is taking this well. :ohdear:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

havenwaters posted:

Well she sure is taking this well. :ohdear:

Noooooo. Stop this. :smith: I knew that when Aya admitted that she was in love with Toda and things started to get brighter, that some other shoe like this would drop. Aww. :(

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Considering she's explicitly been able to respond to things that Mana is thinking, I'm guessing Aya can hear thoughts, but not see them.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Yeah i just reread like ch75-135 and there are times where its totally plausible that it's all delusions, but her conversation with Mana (ch95-110 or so) pretty explicitly has her responding to Mana's thoughts and Mana reacting like her thoughts were being read. Mana even explicitly mentions Nakano's powers later so it shouldn't be an elaborate unreliable narrator delusion.

Also just loving communicate your problems to your friend Nakano jeez. She's right there and can prove you're not crazy.

Although I guess if she had learned how to not be wrapped up in her head all the time the series would be over...

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I hope this gets handled well because it feels really contrived, and it had been going so well up to this point.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the images are suspect, but it's pretty drat clear she's at least getting the general idea of people's thoughts. i know this is more about nakano's reaction but it doesn't play well when it's obviously contradicted by what the reader has seen.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Yeah okay Nakano you took this breakdown several steps farther than you needed to.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

"mana-chan" was her sled

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Is the last chapter going to have her looking at a snowglobe of a anime high school? :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

She's having a full-blown psychological breakdown! Someone should call the emergency line! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Either way, nice touch with Mana still being in color now that Nakano thinks that she's fake.