Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

StrixNebulosa posted:

What's a good game for killing Nazis that isn't Wolfenstein or a FPS?

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Saboteur

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The correct answer.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bloodrayne 2 was way, way better than it had any right to be

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

Bloodrayne 2 was way, way better than it had any right to be

I think the first one put me off so much that I never played 2.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
oh so i forgot that hironobu sakaguchi is old school jrpg (i.e. gaining levels at high levels has extremely high numerical returns) so i grinded out a dozen levels and the hour-long final boss took like ten minutes, and i had 33% more hp than i did twelve levels earlier

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

oh, youtube

"Massive No Man's Sky Patch Finally Fixes Sean Murray's Lies"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlC-zfRMB8

That sure is a title

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nF2U_IDdc4

this is now my favorite boss song ever

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Operation Darkness

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was always sad that game never came out here and wasn't one of the region free 360 games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I wish operation darkness was better than it was

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

StrixNebulosa posted:

I mean...literally every WW2 RTS.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
The Sniper Elite games also feature Nazi disposal.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

War Thunder

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hearts of Iron 3

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am playing Final Fantasy X for the first time, it's my first Final Fantasy. Is there anything I should know as a total newcomer to the game?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
top tier characters:
tidus
wakka

top tier character if you use a :psyduck:-tier guide:
rikku

mostly-good tier characters:
yuna

ok but only because they fill a niche in the game's mechanics:
auron
lulu

do not use:
kimahri

you can switch characters in and out of your active party. everyone who takes at least one action--even just defending for one turn--gets full exp. it's a good idea to keep everyone at least a little leveled up, and it's not too hard to do this way. at least let them get some face time during boss battles so they get the nice exp bounty.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Aug 13, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

top tier characters:
tidus
wakka

top tier character if you use a :psyduck:-tier guide:
rikku

mostly-good tier characters:
yuna

only use as necessary:
everyone else

That's really bad advice for someone just going through the game normally. Like, Wakka isn't anything special until you get to the endgame and just abuse slots.

All characters are alright to use in the story. Lulu will fall of but is still usable.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
wakka is always a good character even before you can abuse his slots because he has high attack but also extremely high accuracy, and access to gimmick status attacks that let you clown on bosses and large-size rare enemies who are supposed to give you problems.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

wakka is always a good character even before you can abuse his slots because he has high attack but also extremely high accuracy

All of them are good in the until post-game stuff, aside from like Kimahri (who is still fine) since he doesn't have a niche that someone else doesn't already do

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i guess part of the issue i take with kimahri is that he needs more than a lot of key spheres (that are very rare early in the game) to get good, but because he starts in the middle and has a lot of branches that go nowhere, you waste tons of his early levels (again, a resource in very short supply for a good part of the game) backtracking his sphere grid

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Auron is good because his endgame special weapon is relatively easy to get. Wakka's however.. Well, hope you like playing a billion hours of Blitzball.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
those loving lightning strikes :argh:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Here's a pro tip for FFX: Don't do the awful postgame stuff

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

Valkyria Chronicles, if faux-Nazis are good enough

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Really Pants posted:

Valkyria Chronicles, if faux-Nazis are good enough

They're more like fantasy imperial Russia though

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
One day Blue Mages will get the respect they deserve.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Taintrunner posted:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am playing Final Fantasy X for the first time, it's my first Final Fantasy. Is there anything I should know as a total newcomer to the game?

Don't pick the expert sphere grid if you don't know what you're doing, other than that there's only like two difficult bits, not counting optimal bosses.
If you care about optional stuff make sure you fully complete the temple puzzles (they all have a hidden sphere) because while you can go back to them later certain things will make some very difficult.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dark Aeons were never in the original US print although if you're playing FFX for the first time now I'm assuming it's one of the digital re-release versions that include them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only English version that doesn't include them is US PS2 so it more likely that they're in than not.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It's clear that Square thinks we Americans are noob casuals unworthy of completely maxing out the sphere grid. Well, my 141:00 original PS2 savefile disagrees.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

oh, youtube

"Massive No Man's Sky Patch Finally Fixes Sean Murray's Lies"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlC-zfRMB8

That sure is a title

I AM DETERMINED TO STILL BE MAD ABOUT THIS!!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm mad that NMS is no longer the easiest thing to make fun of on the internet, but fortunately we'll always have Mass Effect: Andromeda as a precious artifact from this time period since it literally killed the studio and all further development on it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

exquisite tea posted:

I'm mad that NMS is no longer the easiest thing to make fun of on the internet, but fortunately we'll always have Mass Effect: Andromeda as a precious artifact from this time period since it literally killed the studio and all further development on it.

We'll always have Star Citizen :allears:

(also I'm glad we can't make fun of NMS because I'm having a really good time with it so far! Just exploring psychedelic weird sci-fi places is my jam!)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

It's clear that Square thinks we Americans are noob casuals unworthy of completely maxing out the sphere grid. Well, my 141:00 original PS2 savefile disagrees.

Tbf the international version didn't come out in Japan until after the US one was released, the only reason the EU got it is because FFX didn't come out here until like 12 months later

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

They already did in FF V

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I wish Australia was treated like noob casuals as I never got the Besaid hidden sphere and could not beat Dark Valefor that son of a bitch when I first played it on PS2.

And yeah, Taintrunner seconding the "don't do the postgame stuff" advice. It's just a mindless grind for little reward. I've beaten FFX multiple times, it's one of my favourites, and never bothered with that poo poo.

Oh, and one other thing - Blitzball is good to zone out and listen to music/podcasts too, and Chocobo racing is nowhere near as hard as people make it out to be :ssh:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Khimari has the decency to at least BE blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Khimari has the decency to at least BE blue.

Quistis is blue about not being very good at her job and Squall being stupid.

• Locked thread