Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I like Nintendo Switch I think that maybe there should be more games I can play on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I disagree. There's too many games on the Nintendo Switch, they should take some away IMO.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tomahawk posted:

I like Nintendo Switch I think that maybe there should be more games I can play on it

Good news! Sonic Mania is out Tuesday!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Millions posted:

I want the green/pink Joy-Cons, but they're continuously sold out on Play-Asia and massively marked up on Amazon.

I imported from Amazon uk through a freight forwarder, ended up paying less than Play Asia was charging.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I had some friends over and we played Snipperclips as the 4 of us it was very fun. Having two Joy-Con sets is really great for having fun with friends on the Switch because you can play 2-player games with 2 full-size controllers (provided you get the grip thing) and then snap out for 4 uniform controllers for 4 player mode like in Mario Kart.

In other words, Switch is really great and I want more games.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

I disagree. There's too many games on the Nintendo Switch, they should take some away IMO.

They should just remove all the games. They just distract people from the console itself.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
In that case, we are going to need a sexier UI. This won't do at all.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I actually know a lot of people that rarely play docked. I prefer to play docked but I spend a lot more time playing handheld. When I'm docked it's 100% pro controller

The Bloop posted:

My two cents Re: pro controller chat

The d pad is bad. It makes Tetris bad.

Most games don't really need that level of d pad precision if they use it at all.

The pro controller is amazingly good for any game that doesn't need Tetris-like d pad precision.

I'm glad I bought mine. It has made Zelda and Splatoon a joy to play.

Tetris, All Fighting Games (bit of an issue if you're buying anything Neo Geo)

It's actually dissapointing how lovely something like Garou is with the controller

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I very rarely play docked, since I nearly always play it in bed or when work-travelling. When I do it is Pro Controller all the way.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

How is Implosion? I never played it on my smartphone. The $11.99 price is tempting.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I stopped,playing Zelda because I'm moving to Melbourne in less than two months and will want to play it on my commute to and from work.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Strawberry Panda posted:

I stopped,playing Zelda because I'm moving to Melbourne in less than two months and will want to play it on my commute to and from work.

If you mean Melbourne, Australia, good luck with getting a seat in peak-hour public transport unless you're way the hell out in the suburbs or getting on at Flinders St in the afternoon/evening. 5pm trains are often sardine-time.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you mean Melbourne, Australia, good luck with getting a seat in peak-hour public transport unless you're way the hell out in the suburbs or getting on at Flinders St in the afternoon/evening. 5pm trains are often sardine-time.

I do and drat. I guess I'll just play at home in bed then.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I never play docked so the pro controller is useless hth

:same:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Move over Zelda, get lost Splatoon, the Switch has a new system seller

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What is this 2003?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Frankston posted:

What is this 2003?

Nah, it says internet required.

Wait, what? Why? Unplayable game with huge day one patch or monster truck mmo?

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
How do gamers play so many games.

I bought a Switch and Zelda like most people, I have to this day barely made it to that town in the upper right corner of the map. Like the entire map is still untouched. I bought Arms and before I could get anywhere in it, I bought Splatoon 2.

Now in a week that Rabbids game is going to drop. After I finish not getting anywhere in that I'm sure there will be another game I want to play. There is not enough time to play games. I still haven't beaten a link between worlds on 3ds.

But I come online and people are complaining about not enough games to play. I just have a Switch and it's plenty man.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Whys the eShop interface still insanely bad

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Nolgthorn posted:

I bought a Switch and Zelda like most people, I have to this day barely made it to that town in the upper right corner of the map. Like the entire map is still untouched. I bought Arms and before I could get anywhere in it, I bought Splatoon 2.

Now in a week that Rabbids game is going to drop. After I finish not getting anywhere in that I'm sure there will be another game I want to play. There is not enough time to play games. I still haven't beaten a link between worlds on 3ds.

But I come online and people are complaining about not enough games to play. I just have a Switch and it's plenty man.

I would say play so many games necessarily, but certainly purchase many :negative: I've already cultivated a backlog on the Switch. Which wouldn't reflect so poorly on me if I'd not also developed a *heaving* great backlog on PC and PS4 too.

Tatsuta Age posted:

You want it to be *easier* to build up a 'never to be finished' backlog? Have a heart!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Where is the eShop music Nintendo

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The Bloop posted:

Nah, it says internet required.

Wait, what? Why? Unplayable game with huge day one patch or monster truck mmo?

Who would have guessed that a free to play game would come on a physical cartridge? What innovation!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
My Pro Controller is acting up, when I send a repair request to nintendo do I use the Switch's serial number or the Serial number on the pro controller (which I can't find)? Maybe I should just call

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tatsuta Age posted:

This is Nintendo legacy. If it suddenly got good it would be upsetting to long time eshop fans.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm very excited for a Good Sonic Game Tuesday and later playing Azure Striker Gunvolt 1+2. Never finished the first one and have never tried 2.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I like that these My Nintendo points that I got when I bought my switch and signed up for an account are rapidly expiring because there is literally nothing a switch owner can redeem on their dumb rewards website.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I bought a lot of stuff on WiiU and the rewards I got were terrible so I don't mind anymore. They should bring back the Nintendo sales catalogue let me buy Nintendo branded oddities that I want instead of dangling them like a carrot.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Nintendo I gave you untold riches, give me a pack of playing cards or something.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
`As with all nintendo repairs, going to take to 2~3 weeks to repair my pro controller. Tempted to buy the garish splatoon 2 pro controller because I'm a unrepentant fanboy and bad with money :negative:

edit: nevermind it's sold out

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 13, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I've been looking at videos of this game called Sonic Mania. It turns out it releases on two days and looking at it I'd say it's perfect for the Switch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

When I think of Nintendo I think of Sonic

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:yeah:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

And Mario and the Olympics

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Nolgthorn posted:

I understand what you mean. I could play the same game for at least 3 months before I'm fully finished with it, and then I'll turn to see people are done with a game not even 2 weeks later.

In my view, you'd just need to realize that a bunch of other people don't have the same playing preferences that you might have. A lot of other players have more free time in a week, but maybe you don't. Some other players like to play multiple things simultaneously, but maybe you like to focus on 1 thing for a while.

So buy and play games to fit your own pace; nothing wrong with waiting till later to buy/play it. There are multiple Switch games I still haven't bought because I already know I can't put in the time/interest into it, but may get to later on. The people who buy new games all the time and still complain just have different lifestyles, so I wouldn't give them much attention. If the Switch's schedule works fine for you, then just scroll past those complaints.

edit: Alternative argument, people who complain "there aren't enough games" really mean "there aren't enough games that I like/want." And that's a completely different and subjective issue.

Ventana fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 13, 2017

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Good news! Sonic Mania is out Tuesday!

.......for ps4 and Xbox One

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

a.lo posted:

.......for ps4 and Xbox One

And Switch. Only the PC version got delayed.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm beginning to think the later pro controllers might have better dpads because I was playing tetris earlier and ut was perfectly fine. I had been afraid to use it because of all the stuff I heard about the dpad being bad but it wasn't! I bought the pro controller around the release of splatoon for context

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Move over Zelda, get lost Splatoon, the Switch has a new system seller

"GameMill™ - We just churn it out!"

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Nolgthorn posted:

gee whiz guys i play games for approximately an hour a week how do you guys play for 10 hours a week??????

actually i think at an hour a week you still would have played through all of ARMS before splatoon came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Nolgthorn posted:

Sounds like you're really bad at playing video games, actually.

• Locked thread